Steps necessary to pair Roger Select to Lumity 90 hearing aids

You are correct I did buy them online and yes I have Roger Select IN. There are two buttons Left and Right and in the center between the two is a Dot. Is that dot the Setting Selection?

Thank you for your help figuring out what I need to do. I purchased the Marvel Hearing Aids in August 2019 and the Roger Select was purchased in April of 2020 so based on what is inscribed on the back of the device and the dates it must be a Roger Select IN.

So I will go ahead and follow the information you indicate is correct from @firenzel.

It’s going to be a long process as it appears to me now but at least the device has been properly identified. I have gotten the Marvel 50s out of cold storage and they are charging.

I will attempt to follow the directions of Step 1 retrieving the licenses from the Marvels later this evening. But first. My two faithful dogs are waiting not patiently for their dinner. I’m ready for dinner too but to be clear there are 2 separate menus - one for canines and one for me.

I am very grateful for all the help so that hopefully I will know what needs doing.

Back later.

The setting is the hole on the back as the photo above.
Use a paperclip or a sim card tool to press the internal switch, you will feel it "give "
Press for 2 seconds and the green light will flash.
Place one aid next to the select and switch it on.
Keep the other aid well away and switched off.
The green light should go solid when the licence is transferred.
Switch that aid off and repeat with the second aid.
Press the "connect " button to check the transfer- this is the button with 2 links of a chain marked on it.
The procedure is not always reliable so keep trying.
Reread the instructions for the light sequence to check both licences are in the select.
You are ready to start again with the transfer to your lumity aids when you have 2 green lights.

1 Like

What a terrible pairing process! Hopefully Bluetooth LE Audio will make all accessories equal so we can choose the best one for any hearing aid!

1 Like

Oh you can be sure that companies will do everything in their power to make it harder for us. They don’t want you to have a choice.

2 Likes

There appears to be two holes on the back - one on the left and one in the middle. Is it in fact a hole in the middle and if so do you know what its for.

So I will read again the directions and the light sequences and TRY in a few minutes as soon as I gather my wits just coming in from working outside.

Before I begin my efforts to retrieve licenses so they can be used with my Lumity Aids - I want to say that I don’t recall ever seeing any such details from Phonak or from my remote audi/programmer (from whom I got a link to an approximately 2 minute instructional video how to pair my Lumity aids to the Roger Select. I don’t think he ever asked if I had a Roger Select IN or said how to determine if I did. Maybe he doesn’t feel that’s his responsibility since I only bought the Lumity’s and not the Roger Select from him. But he says the group he works for shoots for perfect score (5 Stars) from all their clients. I’ve already done my review but if not I would have deducted one star based on this issue with pairing. Not only that but when I wrote to tell him the video link was not at all helpful because the only sound was music, no language/words used which would have been helpful since its hard to look at my hearing aids and Roger Select and watch his video at the same time - and even when I did watch it was hard - for me anyway - to see the buttons he was pushing. The video should have (in my opinion) at some point identified the buttons and what they were for.
I’ll have to look again at the info I got from Phonak because there were more than a few links but I want to determine if they ever asked if I had an “IN” or not and if it had ever been used on previous hearing aids. I may have even said that it was from previous hearing aids but I don’t recall and don’t want to make false accusations.

I don’t recall either Phonak or the remote audi saying anything about licenses either.

So much of my anxiety could have been avoided with clearer guidance from Phonak and remote audi. That said, I am just grateful to have found guidance here from people kind enough to give it and for the forum being available - I and many others would I think be lost without it.

Anyway I’m going to read directions and get all the various cast of characters nearby (both Lumity and Marvels H.A. and the Roger Select IN).

SO TO READ and take a deep breath … here I go…

btw - I feel the need to explain for my sake and any interested reader: there maybe some watching this topic and wonder why it’s such a big issue to me - but its a problem I have had to deal with throughout life and I know stuff like this often invokes anxiety and frustration (if things go south). So I’m already anxious to start with. Wish me luck - I don’t like feeling not in control. I MEAN, its not like I’m preparing to do brain surgery :upside_down_face:
I ENVY (even though its said to be one of the seven deadly sins) those who are able to do stuff like this so easily and that technology comes so easily to them because obviously technology is here to stay at least for the forseeable future.

2 Likes

The centre ‘hole’ isn’t a hole, it’s just an LED

3 Likes

@michael1 Well now I’m confused. I have done something but I’m not sure what. For one thing, I need to know how to turn a hearing aid off. With my marvels I can turn them off by holding down the up down switch. That doesn’t seem to work with the Lumitys as I tried it and never got a red light so how do I turn off the Lumitys?

I THINK I have the licenses out of the Marvels but I’m not totally sure. According to the Phonak app the Roger Select is not installed on the Lumitys.

I think I need another person with me when I do this because switching back and forth between hearing aids and between uninstall and install I lose track of what I’m supposed to be doing and I have to go look at the screen to see how many dots I’m looking for and if they are flashing or steady and all that.
So as things are right now I’m really not sure what the status is for sure and my mind is too tired to start over again.
Is there a way to check just to see if there are any licenses in the Marvels? Maybe I should know that already but I don’t so I guess I will stop for now. I put the Roger Select back on the charger.

BUT CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO TURN OFF THE LUMITY’S. What I did when I initially got the Lumitys to pair them with my phone etc. was to put them back in their charger but that doesn’t turn them off because they always have a green light so I just did it because that’s what the remote audi said to do.

You see my mind can make a mess of anything because now I don’t know what is were but I need to know before I can go any further HOW DO I TURN off/on LUMITY 90’S?

This is what Phonak sent me when I asked for help with pairing hearing aids with Roger Select - which is nothing like the information I’ve gotten here. My experience in the past with Phonak “Help” has not been good and it seems to continue to be lackluster support for such a costly product. Not happy with Phonak. Sometimes they tell me to check with my. audiologist - what a copout. I don’t see anything in these messages about Roger Select IN.

From Phonak “Support” below:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your specific request/question is outside of our scope of support. All issues with sound quality, product recommendations or programming and adjustments should be directed to your local Hearing Care Provider (HCP).
Is the device fully charged?*

Make sure Roger Select is switched on.

Make sure the hearing aids are powered on.

Press the connect/chain-link button at the back of the Roger Select.

Hold Roger Select beside the HA. Make sure it touches both devices.

Devices should be connected now.

Here are some videos you should find useful:
How to use Roger Select in a Group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9fYc7goMz8&list=PLya8vOHQyOR-Vq7cOLP18Dhr6VbR6sKwC&index=6

How to user Roger Select with a single speaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f48y744pqA&list=PLya8vOHQyOR-Vq7cOLP18Dhr6VbR6sKwC&index=7

How to Mute and Un-Mute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ijZL_MJgZU&list=PLya8vOHQyOR-Vq7cOLP18Dhr6VbR6sKwC&index=4

Paring Roger Select with Bluetooth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO0tsByMOrA&list=PLya8vOHQyOR-Vq7cOLP18Dhr6VbR6sKwC&index=10

1 Like

Don’t worry I think you are making progress.
First check the select for the licences.
Press the switch under the hole with a paperclip momentarily - NOT 2 seconds!
You should have 2 green lights if the licences are back in the select.
I have battery aids and not lumity so unsure about them, perhaps @firenzel could help?

@kcsummerkc
Checked the user guide and it says press lower button for 3 seconds and it will go red to show off.
There is a setting in the app to stop them coming on automatically.

1 Like

For turning the Lumity hearing aids OFF put them in the charger.

If you remove the hearing aids from the charger they turn ON

3 Likes

@Member42 But they need to be off to do the steps to pair Lumity 90s to Roger Select IN. I did try the button thing earlier but never got a red light to show they were off.

Anyway, as I feared I must take a break but i haven’t given up. It would help a lot if I had someone to read directions while I focus on completing the necessary steps. Another result of my relocating to a ghost town in the middle of nowhere.

@kcsummerkc

How @Member42 described is how to turn them off.

I’ve put one at the furthest point away from me when I’ve not turned them off when I transferred the licenses.

That could be an option if you’re unsure of how to actually turn the HAs off.

1 Like

Thanks i will give that a try. Its difficult working with things that aren’t visible but your suggestion sounds much simpler so I do appreciate your input.

1 Like

@michael1

As incredibly ludicrous as it may seem - this is my GOAL for today - to complete this whole unpairing / pairing with Roger Select IN. I struggle working with “invisible” stuff like Licenses stored inside devices like Roger Select. I can write a book but I cannot do this simple little 5 minute thing.

When I press the connector I get blue flashing light which then changes to RED. Not sure what that means except that I take it the licenses are not in Roger Select IN so I guess its back to the beginning trying to un-INSTALL licenses from Marvel H.A.s

I just checked with Medicare Advantage and they will NOT HELP with any adjustments to hearing aids I didn’t purchase through them so they this is just like purchasing from an audiologist - they won’t help if you didn’t get it from them which is frustrating - what good is insurance when they won’t help with my premium technology hearing aids.

Anyway - for better or worse I am back at it after first taking a few minutes to read again the steps involved. Enough procrastinating - something at which I excel. I feel as though I’m preparing to climb Mount McKinley.

Using your configurator I did find information about Roger Select IN and a program to install Phonak Roger Upgrader which I did successfully download but cannot figure out how to install it as it doesn’t automatically open on my aging Apple Desktop iMac which Apple has not so generously quit providing updates for. But I will work on that later and try to get the license thing into my new Lumity 90’s.

I think installing the roger receiver on the Select is almost the same as installing it on the Roger ON, apart from the Select doesn’t have a small screen like the Roger ON does, but rather lights: