Signia hearing aids and Signia StreamLine mic

Does anyone have experience with using Signia HA and their StreamLine Mic. When I got my new hearing aids neither I nor my audi realized they would not stream to newer Android Phones. The list of compatible phones did not indicate that you would need an Apple product to stream. So now I have new hearing aids that I love, an annoying new android cell phone and apparently the only way to stream phone calls and music is to use the Streamline Mic. This would not be an issue if my hearing loss did not require my wearing BTE hearing aids but alas that is the case. Just looking to see if anyone has any input. Thanks.

Not entirely true, what HAs are you using, because some do stream to android smartphone using ASHA, Samsung and pixel work very well.

Don’t want to argue with you but it dependson the STYLE of hearing aid you have. Does not work with BTE hearing aids. I havec spoken to the bluetooth hotline at Signia and my audi has also spoken to their audiologist with me present. The PIXEL 7a does not pair with the Signia BTE hearing aids that I have for streaming. I was really hoping I would find someone who had experience with the Signia StreamLine Mic.

Yep that’s right, but you haven’t given the model your using, all you’ve said is “my new BTE HAs” so your saying your HAs are non wireless models, let me know what your using and I’ll check.
And yes I have a bit of experience with the StreamLine Mic having used Signia/Rexton models for many years, but anyways if your not able to “work” it out there is a user guide easily available online, let us know exactly what your not able to work out?

The only models which don’t have streaming are either really really old ones or In-the-canals.
Also, all hearing devices which are iPhone [MFi] enabled are also Android [ASHA] enabled, as they use the same stuff underneath. There’s small exception but it’s irrelevant.
It might happen though that your Android phone doesn’t properly support ASHA, as some phone manufacturers suck, older models of Motorolas come to mind. You need a pretty recent Android too, 13+.
So what you’re writing isn’t making sense, some technical info would be helpful, like the exact models of your hearing devices and your phone.

1 Like

Not real clear what you’re asking. I have the Pure Charge&Go 7 T IX with the Streamline Mic and Streamline TV. All BT devices connect via the Mic including my phone, TV via the TV connector. I have never owned an Apple device.

So, my question is about experience with the Signia Streamline Mic and I get a bunch of replies that say that what I am asing cannot possibly be true - that I cannot possibly know what I am talking about when I say my HA do not work with bluetooth streaming and android phones. Apparently the request for “input” allows people to question what I am saying and what has been told to both me and my audi by the manufacturer and the audiologists at the manufacturer. Instead of input on the subject now I to wade through responses that do nothing to address the question regarding the Streamline Mic. I am very sorry I joined this group at all now when all I get is people questioning the veracity of what I am saying and seemingly unwilling to answer the question I have asked or do not have any real input to offer. You may think you are doing the right thing but in the recipient’s eyes it appears VERY different - you are just flat out saying I am wrong when I am the person with the HA’s and the phone.

I’m calling you out, you haven’t a clue what your talking about, when you join a great forum like hearingtracker you’ll find all the answers you’ll ever need, but… you have to give the required information we asked for to be able to help you, now it’s ok that you don’t want our “opinions” on how we can help, so why not just use the search button from right here on hearingtracker to find the “answers” your looking for.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Signia%20Streamline%20Mic

2 Likes

You could always do your own homework!

A very large percentage of android phones will not connect directly to your aids. Most android phones need to connect to a Streamliine Mic which handles BT anything to your aids.

1 Like

Is your phone listed below?

Android devices:

With Signia Integrated Xperience (IX) and Augmented Xperience (AX) devices it is now also possible to stream directly to Android devices via the ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids) standard.

ASHA-supported devices:

Hearing aid streaming is possible with Android devices with the OS version Android 11 or higher. It is recommended for your device to be on the latest available operating system to get the best possible performance.

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S9+

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S9

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (tablets)

• Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 (SM-F731B)

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 (SM-F946B)

• Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 (SM-F721B)

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 (SM-F936B)

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

• Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2

• Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F)

• Samsung Galaxy A72 (SM-A725F)

• Samsung Galaxy A55

• Samsung Galaxy A54

• Samsung Galaxy A53

• Samsung Galaxy A52 (SM-A525F)

• Samsung Galaxy A51 (SM-A515F)

• Samsung Galaxy A21s (SM-A217F)

• Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra

• Samsung Galaxy S24+ US

• Samsung Galaxy S24+

• Samsung Galaxy S24 US

• Samsung Galaxy S24

• Samsung Galaxy S23 FE

• Samsung Galaxy S23 (SM-S911B/DS)

• Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S918B/DS)

• Samsung Galaxy S23+ (SM-S916B/DS)

• Samsung Galaxy S22 5G (SM-S901U, SM-S901B)

• Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G (SM-S908U, SM-S908B)

• Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G (SM-S906U, SM-S906B)

• Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (SM-G991U)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy S21

• Samsung Galaxy S21 (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G (SM-G996U)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G998U)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (SM-G991B)

• Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G (SM-G996B)

• Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G (SM-G998B)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

• Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (SM-N981U1)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5G (SM-N981U1) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S20+

• Samsung Galaxy S20+ (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981B)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 5G (SM-G981U1) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988B)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (SM-G988U)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G980F)

• Samsung Galaxy S20 (SM-G) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975F)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (SM-N975U1)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970F)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10 (SM-N970U)(US)

• Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite (SM-N770F/DS)

• Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (SM-G770F/DS)

• Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)

• Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973U1) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F)

• Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975U) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F)

• Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970U) (US/China)

• Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977U) (US)

• Samsung Galaxy S10 5G (SM-G977B)

• Google Pixel 8Pro

• Google Pixel 8a

• Google Pixel 8

• Google Pixel 7Pro

• Google Pixel 7a

• Google Pixel 7

• Google Pixel 6

• Google Pixel 5

• Google Pixel 4a 5G

• Google Pixel 4

• Google Pixel 4a

• Google Pixel 4XL

• Google Pixel 3XL

• Google Pixel 3

• Google Pixel 3a

• Google Pixel 3a XL

• OnePlus Nord (AC2001)

• OnePlus Nord (AC2003)

• OnePlus 8T

• OnePlus 8 Pro

• OnePlus 7T

• OnePlus 7 Pro

• Asus ROG 6

• Asus ROG 6 Pro

• Asus Zenfone 8

• Asus Zenfone 8 Flip

• Vivo IQOO 10 (V2217A)

• Vivo IQOO 10 Pro (V2218A)

• Xiaomi 13 (2201133G)

• Xiaomi 12 (2201123G)

• Xiaomi Mi 11 (M2011K2G)

• Lenovo Tab P11 (TB-J607Z)

• Sony XPERIA 1V (XQ-DQ54)

• Fairphone 5 5G (FP5)

Mobile devices enabled for hands-free calls with hearing aids

Please ensure you use the latest version of iOS/iPadOS that is available for your Apple device (how to update your Apple device).

signia-icon_telephone_1000x1000_smaller

Apple devices:

• iPhone 15 Pro Max

• iPhone 15 Pro

• iPhone 15 Plus

• iPhone 15

• iPhone 14 Pro Max

• iPhone 14 Pro

• iPhone 14 Plus

• iPhone 14

• iPhone 13 Pro Max

• iPhone 13 Pro

• iPhone 13

• iPhone 13 mini

• iPhone 12 Pro Max

• iPhone 12 Pro

• iPhone 12

• iPhone 12 mini

• iPhone SE (3rd generation)

• iPhone SE (2nd generation)

• iPhone 11 Pro Max

• iPhone 11 Pro

• iPhone 11

• iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 5th generation

• iPad Pro (12.9-inch) 4th generation

• iPad Pro (11-inch) 3rd generation

• iPad Pro (11-inch) 2nd generation

• iPad Air (5th generation)

• iPad Air (4th generation)

• iPad mini (6th generation)

Mobile devices compatible with the Signia app

These mics are old tech, cheap, plasticky, mass produced, chinese toys used by several manufacturers, very prone to failures [mostly due to shitty battery].
As apparent by your issues, you don’t know what your doing nor your audi steered you in the right direction.
Newer Android phones and new hearing devices are MORE likely to work together NOT less. So something obviously went wrong here.

1 Like

Has he ever told us what model aids he is using or what brand/model of his phone.

I am doing my homework by asking people here. I guess this is just not the place for me, I expected something very different from what I have found.

The op only mentioned he’s got the pixel 7a, so that’s a 2023 model and would work, but no he hasn’t mentioned the model he’s using even tho he’s been asked at least twice, this is what got things out of wack to begin with, I guess he just wants to be walked though on how to set the mic up with his HAs, you’ve been a great help with listing the compatibility models both phones and HAs so far.

A bit unfair really, it’s just that the information in your post doesn’t match what most of us know, right now it doesn’t matter if you can or not have direct streaming, you just want to know how to set the mic up, I’m sure @Morgan1946 will be more then happy to help you along with that

Cheers

Used to be amazed but now simply amused…

What a waste of time…

1 Like

I have Signia C&G 7 AX HA’s (RIC) and a Samsung Galaxy A13 phone. The phone is not compatible with direct steaming to the HA’s. I use the StreamLine Mic and the StreamLine TV to stream directly to my HA’s. I find both to be satisfactory and both are easy to set up following the instructions included with each.
The StreamlineLine TV is connected to one TV set and can be paired with multiple HA’s for simultaneous streaming to multiple listeners. I use it all the time and like it.
The StreamLine Mic can be paired with multiple devices (8) and will stream from the source device it finds first. I use the Mic primarily to stream from my computer and laptop. I rarely use it to stream from my phone although, it will stream audio as well as calls. I just have little desire or need to stream audio from my phone. Streaming calls would be handy but it means carrying an extra device and I can hear my phone well enough without it by using speaker, so I don’t bother.
The Mic can also be used as a remote microphone. I have used it when away from home to place near a TV to pick up the audio so it can be left at comfortable level for others. Additionally, the Mic can be paired with an inexpensive Bluetooth transmitter connected to a TV or other device that doesn’t have Bluetooth to stream directly to the HA’s. In this way, it acts like the StreamLine TV.
The primary complaint I’ve read concerning the Mic is a short battery life. That has not been a problem for me, but then I haven’t tried to use it more than 4 or 5 hours at a time. When needed, it seems to recharge fairly quickly using standard usb charging.
Both the StreamLine Mic and StreamLine TV are controllable to a degree by the app on the phone.
Like all things Bluetooth, I think, there is an occasional glitch which requires re-pairing the devices and/or rebooting the phone.
Overall, I am pleased with the devices, especially the StreamLine TV, not to sell the StreamLine Mic short, however, I use it every day.

2 Likes

YES. I have a Google Pixel 7a. IT IS COMPATIBLE IWTH THE APP. It does not stream music or cell phone calls.

The StreamLine Mic will probably work for you, but they are expensive, around $250 on Amazon, but you might be able to do better elsewhere. It might be more cost effective just to buy a new phone, one of those listed in a post above. Another option might be through the VA, if you qualify for Veteran’s Health Benefits.
The comments on the Amazon site are interesting. Mentioned is the fact that once paired with the HA’s, the Mic can only be unpaired through the Audiologist’s software. This was discussed at some length in a previous thread about a Bluetooth glitch which apparently has been resolved by a software update.

I have “One of those phones” listed. I just bought it on the presumption that it WOULD work with streaming from the app, but it does not. $250 is no where close to what I paid for the HA and the phone. If I had a set of HA that did stream to the phone they would probably cost much more than what I paid. I got the Streamline Mic because I wanted to be able to stream music. So far it works. This is a closed issue for me at this point, no thanks to the people who responded so poorly in this thread. So, thank you so very much for the late comments and taking the time to do something civil in this thread.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I gave up on the people in this group because they were continually telling me I was wrong and they knew better. Glad you have found your solution. I did buy the Streamline Mic and although it has it’s limitations (as everything does these days) it is better than not having it. I found that I can actually stream my TV to the Streamline Mic but decided against doing that in the long run. I have found using the Streamline Mic a bit perplexing as it is always turning down the volume on my phone and I do not hear my phone ring and do not hear notifications. This has happened with two different phones now - long story I am not going to tell here.

1 Like