Signia Charge &Go AX Nx 7 with Streamline Mic Bluetooth

I have a very stressfull situation. I have the new /high end Signia Charge & Go AX Nx-7, and i use the Signia Streamline Mic to connect to my laptop (listen music, microsoft teams, etc)

After a period or 1-2 Month or latest some weeks, of perfect working, the communication goes to ~10 seconds run, ~3 seconds break…and again.

Went to my provider, and they tried following:

• provide a new Stream Line Mic → worked at beginning, then after 1-2 months problem was comming back
  • called Signia Support, did a kind of debug → the smart guys said that thuis is because my Iphone is on and intrerrupts the running bluetooth communication !!! Comon guys, i am a development engineer and what they said sounds like a f’king BUG !!! But OK i was desperate to have the bluetooth so i keept my iPhone bluetooth connection off, i even closed my IPhone !! → they additional reset the bluetooth connection and it starts working again…but problem was back after ~ 1-2 months.
  • last time, last week, i let my iPhone home and went to reset agian the pairing between hearing aid and Streamline…-> it took 1 Week, the problem is back !
  • as agreed with provider we will send back to Signia both devices (hearing aid and Stream line) - > after all are like new…less then 6 months “old”

Is anybody else facing such a problem ??

YES!

I have this exact same problem. I also have the C&G AX 7’s and I’m pairing the Streamline Mic to my Macbook Pro M1. In fact, when I initially had the problem, I communicated with Signia customer service via email. They told me to do the complete unpairing whcih I did. No improvement. After further back and forth, I was ultimately told to work with my provider, which I did. After further troubleshooting with him, he and I assumed the Streamline Mic was faulty/defective. He sent me a brand new one authorized by Signia since they couldn’t get to it due to low staffing. They hoped the problem would go away, as did I. Initially, for about a day, the new one worked seamlessly. I was very hopeful. Here it is just day #2, and it’s doing the exact same thing as the original one. Look carefully at the LEDs. At first the device streams OK for about 5-10 seconds. Then it goes silent. After a couple seconds, you will likely notice that the bluetooth indicator light blinks blue for a fraction of a second. Following that, about a second or two of, it will stream OK again. Then, it stops streaming, followed by a BT indicator light blip again, and so on. Mine will cycle in this manner indefinitely. I thought it might be BT interference, so I moved to the other side of the house where I believe there to be no other BT devices within range, and this persistent streaming on/of cycle persists. It’s almost as if the Streamline Mic is getting interrupted by alternative device, then briefly tries to connect to that other device, doesn’t, and reestablishes connection to the original one (my MacBook Pro M1).

I just sent an email to Signia demanding they refund my $ for the hearing aids, my Streamline TV and the Streamline Mic. This is totally unacceptable, as I purchased these devices (totaling over $7500 in total) because I expected they would be able to stream with my laptop, my phone and my TV. FWIW, the Streamline TV device works without issue. IN fact, I even rigged tht device with an input switch that splits between two audio connections. One comes from my TV. The other comes from a cheap BT receiver. I am able to stream flawlessly from my Mac to that cheap BT receiver, and then relay that audio signal to my Streamline TV. I have to flip the switch to choose between the TV or my Mac. BUT at least it works. that cheap BT receiver and the switch cost me about $75. The Streamline Mic was $250.

Please let me know what you find out, and I will do the same.

Happy New Year,
John

One more thing.
When I received the replacement Streamline Mic, as I said it worked for about a day. During that time, as I recall I could raise/lower the volume from the Mac using its volume control (not that of the Signia device). Now, the signal (interrupted as it is) can not be modulated by the Mac. Do you see the same? Clearly the BT signal and control just isn’t working between the Streamline Mic and the Mac.
Best,
John

Hi John,
i am somehow “lucky” that my audiologist just change the streamline every time i got the problem, but as we both experienced it works for a period, sometimes days, sometimes weeks.
What i noticed was that after an unpair form hearing aid (done by audiologist) it works with the same streamline, but again only for a period of time.

Since February i got a new firmware in the hearing aid, as i understood the main updates were about BT, and until now, i did not had the problem. Let’s see if it is stable or not.

My suggestion is to ask your supplier to update the firmware in the hearing aids, and let’s hope they did a good bug fix !

It seems that they got a nice bug in their communication system, somewhere the BT protocol with the apple protocol crush…

Cheers,
Christian

Hello! I have the same problem with Signia C&G T 7AX and the Streamline Mic. I’ve had the Mic for about a month and now it goes into the “cycle” mode as described above, with the volume cycling approximately 10 sec on and 3 sec off and an occasional flicker of the orange streaming indicator. This occurs with all streaming sources, PC, Tablet, and my Android phone which unfortunately does not have ASHA Bluetooth, hence the need for the Mic. Additionally, I’ve discovered it does the same in the Remote Mic mode, which should be a clue. I’ve tried all the fixes I can think of, clearing the pairings, ensuring other devices are not interfering by turning them off and moving to a remote location, etc. with no luck. My Stream line TV works fine, but coincidentally, my Signia App had to be reset about the same time as I noticed the streaming problem. The App had lost the Well Being and Telecare functions, which could also be a clue. I would like to clear the pairing with the aids and reacquire, but I see no way to do that. Searching for solutions led me to this thread.
Christian, I have two questions: Does the firmware update still seem to be working and do you know any way to unpair the aids from the Mic without visiting an audiologist?
I will call Signia Support soon, but I don’t expect much help. If they do come up with something, I will post it here.

Hello,

yes after the firmware update, i do not have anymore the problem ! As soon the problem re-apears, i will post here.
As i undertood from Audiologist i can not reset alone the existing pair between hearding aid and streamline mic, because this shall be done from aids side also.

My suggestion go to audiologist and ask them to reset the pair and load the latest Signia firmware. You may also call directly Signia Support to ask more about this new/latest firmware. maybe it is possible to load it over Signia App ? don’t know !

Good luck !
Christian

Thank you, Christian,
I shall pursue this further and post the results here.
Jay

As an update:
I spoke with Signia Support earlier today and, unfortunately, they were of little help. They suggested trying those things that have been discussed above, unpairing, repairing, etc. The person I spoke with was unaware of the cycling problem discussed in this thread and their advice was the same as that given to John - See a provider.
Jay

Purchased my Streamline Connect Mic online, new, and it worked well for about a week, then the caller on others ide started saying they could not hear me, then the mic in magenta mode or streaming would cut out every 10 sec for 3sec. Tried deleting and re-pairing all connections to aids and mic and phone. Nothing resolved it.

I then spoke with a Signia representative regarding my Streamline Mic - who was actually quite knowledgeable and wonderful - but the only suggestion offered was to re-pair the devices after deleting from each. If not resolved I was instructed to take back to audiologist to send in for check-up.

I purchased a Noah-Wireless link and reset all paired connections. Working perfectly for now. I actually upgraded the firmware before doing this so that may have fixed it (lets see if it ever happens again). So for now all is well, and the device works when all pairing removed. The audiologist should be able to do it for those that are having issues.

Sad to see Signia is not ackowledging this - and yes I mentioned the many people online finding this solution to Signia but they were not really interested. Good luck to those with symptoms and dont give up on the clip, its really a great add-on.

For those whose firmware update fixed the Streamline Mic problem, which firmware version do you now have? The version can be found within the Signia App under Settings/Versions.
I have version 20.15.669.2 which I’m afraid may be the latest, and, as noted above, I am experiencing the cycling on/off problem.
Jay

Hello. I have the same problem. Previously, I had Signie Active pro worked perfectly. I am currently an Insio Charge&Go AX user and I have exactly the same symptoms. (My phone with ASHA went to replace the battery, the old one does not support ASHA and I connected to streamline, which is also useful for connecting to TV via BT, with a laptop, etc. And here such a smack.
My version firmware 20.18.691.2, Today I updated with an audiologist, unfortunately it did not help.

Also checked if there is an update to streamline mic, unfortunately I have the current firmware.

The audiologist called a representative of Signia, and he informed that supposedly streamline does not have support in the AX series (which have MFI and ASHA) that I need to buy a new iPhone or Android phone with ASHA support. It’s probably a joke - the accessory costs quite a lot, sold as a product compatible with the AX family of hearing aids.

Streamline TV works flawlessly. It must be a problem with the BT protocol - it does not work properly on every device phone, computer, TV. The update did not help.

Merry Easter from Poland.

I have firmware 20.18.691.2 (my hearing aids are only 2 weeks old), and I have exactly the same issue with my streamline mic

I emailed Signia who said that the mic may have a fault and “ Please contact your Hearcare professional. ”

:disappointed: I may just send my mic back and get the streamline tv instead, as I only need it to stream from my PC

Yesterday, I visited my audiologist and he, with the help of Signia Support, got my Streamline Mic working again.

First, he checked the firmware and determined that my C&G T 7AX’s had the latest, 20.15669.2, so that wasn’t the problem.

Next, he took the following steps, in this order, to the best of my recollection:

1. First, all the pairings between the Streamline Mic, my phone, a Galaxy A13 which doesn’t have ASHA, and my Hearing Aids were cleared. The hearing aids were cleared using the Signia Diagnostic/Fitting software.

2. Then, the Streamline Mic was paired with the hearing aids and the connection tested using the Remote Mic mode. No cycling was present.

3. Next, the Streamline Mic was paired with the phone and tested by playing music from the phone. Again, no cycling was present.

4. Finally, the phone was paired with the hearing aids by using the App and tested by playing music from the phone successfully with no cycling present.

Today, I tested the Mic by playing audio from the phone and from my PC and it is still working properly.

It is my opinion that a critical step in this fix is to clear the pairings from the aids using the diagnostic software. Unfortunately, not many of us have the software at home. Perhaps this could be done via Telehealth for those that have the service. Or, by uninstalling the Signia App? I don’t know.

Signa Support seemed to think this problem is caused by a Bluetooth conflict between the devices and I think such a conflict could have been created when my Signia App lost pairing with my Aids and then had to be re-paired, but that it just a guess
So, bottom line, it appears that to correct this problem, the hearing aids must be unpaired from all Bluetooth devices and then repaired. BTW, when I got home last night, I had to re-pair my hearing aids with my Streamline TV.

Good luck,
Jay

Edit For clarification:
The audiologist used the software to clear all the Bluetooth pairings from the hearing aids. No other settings of the HA’s were changed.
All pairings were cleared from the Streamline Mic manually.
The Streamline Mic and HA’s were unpaired from the phone using the phone settings.
Then, each device was re-paired one at a time as I outlined above

1 Like

I have signia Ax 7s. I don’t have or use the Streamline device. But the app put out by Signia is notoriously fluky in terms of bluetooth connectivity. When it’s acting up I’ll go into the Accessibility file in my iphone and bring up my hearing aids there. When the Signia app shows “no bluetooth connection”, the Iphone always will show the aids as connected. then I’m able to adjust them from there. I have no idea if this is relevant to the streamline issue. Luckily my aids will stream to any calls I make on the phone.

My audi also suggested that I delete all unnecessary apps from my phone.

Does the option Menu->Service->Delete All paired Bluetooth Device in the connexx 9 remove all pairings specifically on my hearing aid or all paired hearing aids of my audiologist’s patients?
On Tuesday I will see the audiologist again, who I hope will fix the problem because for now he dismissed me with the text that the MIC streamline will not work with my hearing aids and I have to buy a phone with ASHA or an iPhone

Jay:
“1. First, all the pairings between the Streamline Mic, my phone, a Galaxy A13 which doesn’t have ASHA, and my Hearing Aids were cleared. The hearing aids were cleared using the Signia Diagnostic/Fitting software.”
Does this clean the hearing aids to their default settings as if they were just bought? Does it just clean up BT pairing?

Actually I believe it’s just for BT devices that you clear, not so much HAs, but ether way it only clears pairing and touch’s nothing else with you HA settings.

Rick, I’m sorry I did not see the setting used clear the Bluetooth pairings of my hearing aids, but the audiologist was only looking at my data.

Further, I can attest to the fact that the Streamline Mic will definitely work with non-ASHA android phones because that is what I have and it does work! I can stream from my non-ASHA phone, from my PC, or from my tablet to my HA’s. Afterall, that is what it is advertised to do. Your audiologist is wrong, which a call to the following should be able to confirm.

Having Trouble with Connectivity? Call us!

Call our Bluetooth consumer hotline at 800-350-6093, open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time Zone

Edit: Sorry Rick, you’ll probably have to find a different number for Poland :grinning:

ASHA is for phone and HAs, not much else uses this. The microphone is bluetooth classic.

Right, the response was to counter Rick’s Audi’s claim that the mic would not work with his phone and he would “have to buy a phone with ASHA or an iPhone.”

For clarification, the audiologist used the software to clear all the Bluetooth pairings from the hearing aids. No other settings of the HA’s were changed.
All pairings were cleared from the Streamline Mic manually.
The Streamline Mic and HA’s were unpaired from the phone using the phone settings.
Then, each device was re-paired one at a time as I outlined above.
When I got home, I had to re-pair my Streamline TV, as its pairing, too, had been cleared by the action at the audiologist’s office.

See post 13 above

1 Like