Signia hearing aids and Signia StreamLine mic

@MeBPatB, I’m glad the Mic is working out for you. I agree that it can sometimes be “perplexing” :grinning: but, I also agree that “it is better than not having it,” and even with its limitations, it is a very useful device.
I didn’t check the check the phone list for the Pixel 7a, but I do see, now, that it is one of the phones that should work. I mentioned that list because I had considered buying another phone myself, one from the list, but didn’t because the Mic met my needs. I am disappointed the Pixel 7A doesn’t work which certainly makes me wary of other phones on the “list.”

Well you were wrong…too bad you didn’t follow the instructions/procedures listed to get you going, refusing to tell anyone what model you etc, the 7 pixel works perfectly with ASHA, just sounds like you don’t/want to understand how’s things work, you now have a really simple solution to your issue, you didn’t mention what you’ll do to resolve it tho, are you going to get a new phone or just go MFi.

Yeah I think we can take the “list” with a pinch of salt, it’d be better to check the bluetooth specs and android version on any phone one wishes to buy/use before hand unfortunately.

1 Like

If I could wear a different type of HA it would work but I can only wear a BTE with custom earmold - the receiver is in the BTE. If I could wear a RIC it would work. Such is life. I have tried other BTE - domes specifically - and because they allow too much moisture to accumulate in the ear canal they are not for me.

The problem is that I asked everyone I could think of before I bought the phone if it would work. But I did not ask the Bluetooth people at Signia and they were the ones that said it would not work. My audiologist called the audiologist at Signia and got the same answer. Their audiologist agreed the printed material was incorrect and should be changed. Oh well. They don’t really care as long as they can sell products.

Well that is definitely not on, I think anyone would be rightly disappointed.

Ok so you have the Motion X BTE models? that would make sense as it’s for iPhone (MFi) direct streaming, although they do have the App for android phone just not streaming.

And to be fair to Signia, they only call out and list Android ASHA availability with IX and AX devices: Device Compatibility

1 Like

FYI, Motion X series of BTE devices was released in 2021, I wouldn’t consider them ‘new’, they’re two generations behind.
If you want recent streaming features then going with them was a mistake.

1 Like

You have obviously never really experienced this set up and therefore I question your expertise ini providing information. I DO HAVE THIS SET UP. And I can attest to the fact that although the HA do connect with an Android phone thru the app. THE MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT stream music or phone calls or anything else. You can dispute this all you want but if you have BTE hearing aids with custom earmolds and the BTE is the receiver you cannot strearm thru the Signia app you need an intervening device. And since I am again getting people telling me that I am wrong, although I live with this configuration I am again leaving the discussion. Bash each other, not me.

I don’t understand. I have a similar set up, my phone works with the app but I cannot stream directly to the HA’s, so I use the StreamLine Mic and StreamLine TV as I posted above. I certainly did not dispute anything you said. Many Signia Models work with the app but aren’t capable of direct streaming.

The app doesn’t need BT to work, it can use ultrasonics (inaudible to most) for controlling the devices.
The original poster been pushed into buying old devices without direct streaming support.

I do apologize if this was sent to you. There are so many on here who disagree with what we are experiencing and saying we are wrong. It was not intended for you. My deepest apologies

1 Like

Accepted! Thanks for the clarification. I think you just hit the wrong reply button :grinning:

1 Like

BTE has nothing to do with it, it’s the platform your using (X xperience) that doesn’t do direct streaming to android, if you’d only told everyone who asked very early on when you first posted we would of told you right away! Next time you want information about your HAs you must give the exact model information, BTE means nothing much as the RIC models have the same issue, this will get you the correct information quickly.
So at least you have App control of your volume/program changes.

1 Like