Should DIY School be offered to Newbies or hidden from Newbies?

Below are links to two typical replies when a new forum member requests DIY help. Both replies offer essentially the same advice (and Yes, both include the reference to Phonak’s Target Step-by-step Guide). Though, one glaring difference is that one of the replies/repliers will NEVER/EVER mention DIY School!

Now I am not saying that anyone should somehow be required to promote DIY School to all newbies. That would be ridiculous. I am simply asking if offering DIY School information to Newbies is valuable or not?

So how about a Poll? Should DIY School information be offered to Newbies? I will vote first. Newbies, your votes are most welcome.

• DIY School information should be offered to Newbies
  • Don’t offer DIY School information to Newbies

0 voters

2 Likes

And it will stay that way, because this is NOT YOUR forum, like your the only source for DIY information! To think that people HAVE to go through you is just pathetic and childish.
Freedom to the people mate!

3 Likes

Did you say freedom to the people who mate? :rofl: J/K.

But seriously, I want to know who is right and who is wrong? You will NEVER/EVER mention DIY School. You guide newbies away from DIY School with your silly and redundant (cover-all-cases) posts like this;
don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY projects.
don’t forget your correct programming device.
don’t forget your programming device, in your case Noahlink wireless.
don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device.
don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well.
don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well.
don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well for DIY.

I’m not saying that you cannot post silly and redundant advice. I am simply saying that it is “silly and redundant” advice.

btw> The programming devices are plainly listed/specified in DIY School (BY Brand and By Each Hearing Aid Model).

PVC, there’s no right or wrong, but if you want, we could say it’s RIGHT to offer advice when one has something to offer and WRONG to not offer that advice because of one members bully boy antics.
Let’s take a step back for one moment, now there’s around 23 (give or take)categories on hearingtracker and just imagine that there was a person like you on every one of those, who thought that only he could possibly offer any advice and that he was always right, there simply wouldn’t be much dialogue going on right.
Oh actually I just had a lightbulb moment,how about this,why don’t you ask the administrators to make a “subcategory” just for you in DIY, this way only you could be the star of the moment, every single day… forever!

2 Likes

Instead of hopping around to different threads you can find my answer on the original thread where this issue started → DIY School - Reply #180