DIY School - (v2.0)

Yeah as I was thinking, why NOAHLink, but at least he now knows that wireless programming is possible for him depending on the exact model he has, nice.

Tenkan

So after getting Noahlink wireless I was ready to program. I first saved my original setting. Glad I did because second time coming back in to play with settings the program crashed and the program saved to the hearing aids settings I was just learning with. Fortunately I had the original settings. I restored my original settings. The crashed forced me to change my original settings I was nervous I was going to mess things up. I found program modes I had asked my audiologist for and she either lied or didn’t know. I have music mode now and comfort mode for restaurants. She told me I could only have two modes. I now have 5, general, comfort, speak in noise, music, tv mode, Omg had these hearing aids 3 years and asked if it could do more modes and I was told no they only did two settings. Even though I read they did more. Programming was easy thank you for the DIY info. I still have more to learn. I original was just going to get use to using the software and not save any new settings. But the program had other ideas. Well needless to say it pushed me change my settings and glad I did music mode is awesome. Can’t thank you guys enough.

Very important to save you original setting first time in before you touch any thing. Never know when software will crash. Was a very good tip in the DIY school. PVC thank you also.

5 Likes

Awesome, fantastic it’s great to hear of a successful DIY project, even if had a few surprises! yes number one thing is to save those original settings :smiley:
Your a pro now and you’ll save a lot of dollars in the future.

When you say “yes number one thing is to save those original settings” → perhaps you meant that simply as encouragement. But technically it’s incorrect.

Over the years (far past a decade now) we have stumbled over many problems where DIYers get in trouble/fail. So saving your settings is not really the first thing to do. There are other more important considerations. Here’s the sequence as documented is a DIY School PDF file named (02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids); though steps 3 & 4 are more-or-less) simultaneous.

• First check that your hearing aids are not locked
  • Step 1 – Install Fitting Software on a Windows computer FIRST
  • Step 2 - Purchase a hearing aid programming device
  • Step 3 – Choose (1 of 3) origins for your hearing loss settings
  • Step 4 – Save your Original Professional Settings (if any)
1 Like

Ha ha ha, oh man still trying to be a pro :wink: “check that your HA isn’t locked” D’OH!
“Install Fitting Software on a Windows computer FIRST” BUUUURP! it’s all really terrible advice, you gotta stop undermining our fellow members ability to know what they’re doing.

Sorry, I couldn’t follow your recently posted logic → on the Poll thread. Likely because that logic was just anger and not genuine.

Okay, how about the rebranded/locked hearing aids issue (of today) which you describe as (**check that your HA isn’t locked” D’OH!*). Maybe you think this is a joke? But @UserDuser is not going to think it’s a joke!

This was said “TODAY”!
@UserDuserLink
I am searching for Connexx 9.X for Audioservice.
Is there any possible download or download link?

@tenkanLink
Maybe check here.
https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=AudioService

He is not going to find the latest AudioService Connexx fitting software using a forum search! He had also just finished saying “but i cant find anywhere:(

In summary, many rebranded hearing are locked and it’s not a “Doh Joke”!

I’m sorry that we are in conflict. I have been doing DIY School (in one form or another) for approximately 1.5 decades now. The primary goal has always been to help the Hoh community and not for the silly reasons you have been making up about my motives.

If you want to be a prolific AnswerBot then you have to make some effort at being correct. Your generic (cover-all-cases) answers ain’t cutting it. Maybe you should calm down and try answering the things that you know are correct instead of TRYNA answer everything.

Seriously! I know you can do better.

2 Likes

Of course you couldn’t follow it, you simply don’t understand logic, you have too inflated an opinion of yourself (egotistic behaviour)

Nope it’s not, but 99% of everyone else isn’t going to have this problem, so you based that on the first thing to do? WOOHO

Maybe you should of said

1. First thing is wake up.
  2. Make breakfast
  3. Brush teeth
  4. Get kids ready, drop off to school bah bah.

Silly you, you wouldn’t know who has it, he said he couldn’t find it, never mentioned anything about the untold other members on the forum over the years that could possibly help, again not for you to make the decision, we know You can’t find it!

No don’t lie, your not sorry at all, your quite happy with trying your hardest to undermine anyone that doesn’t agree with you.

Ahh nah, I don’t think so, you’ve probably programmed what 3 sets in all this time, Phonak models what you said 7 or so years ago, a couple of Oticon sets, I’ve done hundreds over the last 12 years and worked collaboratively with/sold SeboTek HAs, and programed all from the big 6 ( 5 )

Therein lies your problem, you actually believe that only you could possibly do this, sad fact for you is your not.

Your motives are clear, so how about this, this is how we can see how sincere your trying to make out to be, don’t complain/whinge and whine make snarky remarks everytime someone including myself reply to members asking for help or advice, show your true colours.

This is what I’m talking about with you, you cannot help but be the bully.

I’m not that annoyed, I’m sad for you, because you can’t see what your doing, DIY forum was a place for lively discussion with a lot of dialogue from LOTS of other DIY members, but you’ve definitely turned people away, who’s left just me and you and any newbies.

2 Likes

Oh NO!!! the sentence-by-sentence Ludicrous stage again. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Guys! stop arguing, let’s live together!

3 Likes

Yes absolutely, I’d like that very much.

1 Like

Yes, I will give it a try. If I can do so without sacrificing DIY School.

1 Like

I too would like to download the latest version of Genie2. I have More1 HAs

Sure, don’t forget you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device as well.
Oh and don’t forget the user guide.

Well that’s not exactly true that (you’ll need the Noahlink wireless programming device).

For example; if you already own a Hi Pro or mini Pro along with a pair of cables and flexstrips then you are good to go. Here’s a clip from a DIY School PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon);

Hey everybody!
I`m looking for the Oticon Genie 2. Can someone give me a link?
Would be yery nicy.

Thanks a lot and greetings!

Hi @dodo1280 Welcome to the DIY (semi-hidden) category of the forum.

Thanks for changing your usernnn name. I can never remember those numbers??

In addition to this DIY Software Prerequisite which you are inquiring about, there is also a DIY Hardware Prerequisite. That is, you will also need to use hardware (a Hearing Aid Programming Device).

Tip: Click any PVC Avatar to find DIY School.
Some suggested DIY School reading (based on your request);

• 02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon
  • Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; More-Own
  • Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; Opn-OpnS
  • Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use

Here’s a clip from a DIY School PDF file named (Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon);

Welcome to the forum, great you’ve decided DIY, a great way to get the best out of your HAs, what’ models of Oticon are you using at the moment, is there anything in particular that you are trying to improve?

Thank you @jim255 for sharing your story about the usefulness of DIY School!! Yep, your Audi should already know that hearing aids must be programed together as a pair, and that bad things happen when you program them seperately.

Tip for Newbies, DIY School was designed to help you avoid the same mistakes that many other DIYers have stumbled across in the past. You can learn from our past mistakes.

Hi tenkan!
The final decision isn’t made, but it seems that it would be a pair of Oticon’s More.
I have the problem that speech on frequencies above 1kHz - women’s voice - is shrill and distorted. Putting the amplification down a few levels speech becomes less understandable, of course. I liked the sound of the Ruby 2 I tested a few days ago, so I’m planning to fit a pair of More with the simple sound of the Ruby and good speech intelligibility. I think it will take a lot of time and frequent visits at my audiologist and it would be better and easier to do it myself.
If I can find hearing aids that suit me better it would be easier of course.

Sure I’d stick with the Oticon sound if that’s what your used to, if your clinic set up the Ruby and you liked it and had no problem with frequencies above 1Hz, it’s the soft sounds in the higher frequencies that can be adjusted,1 step at a time,but have you tried adjustments in VAC+ and Soft Speech Booster, check it out here, could be helpful.

Yes I agree that sometimes it’s just easier to do things yourself, it’s why a lot of us go DIY.

We have a couple of resident Oticonians guys that are very helpful with all things Oticon.
@Volusiano and of course the one and only @PVC