Self programming where to get hard- and software

I think you are confusing the battery size with the cable number. Look in the Professional section of the manufacturer’s website. It shows (CS-44 A) cables for Certena.

Sorry, the picture was lost.

iPFG shows plug-in cable 312 for the Certena ITC/HS aids.

You can try to order from: Hearing Loss Help Co. click on “Programming Equipment (8)” in the light blue shaded box. Be sure to include the make and the exact model, example: Phonak Certena ITC/HS P daz Petite. It may take awhile to get because they have to order the cable before shipping it. You might want to get the cables before ordering the USB Hi Pro incase the cables aren’t available. Hope this helps.

Good job aero777… for looking inside the fitting software.

I had the same thought, but …

After an extensive Google search, my question is, does Starkey have a stand-alone version, at all? Based on the results of my search, I suspect not.

My search was not for Starkey programming software, but for Starkey Inspire OS 3.1.

If anyone has information that stand-alone exists, please let us know.

yes they do…

I have the Oticon cable #3 for programming of Agil RITE. What kind of programming shoes do I need? What is the product number?

flex connect cable

or nearcom

I have the HiPro. Is the flex connect cable for ITE only?

Nearcom is wireless, so that is another system.

Arni;
Go to the Professional section of the Website. Click products/Agil/Downloads.

Then download the Fitting Guide PDF file to get info like this:

Sorry, the picture was lost.

I saw an iCube auction on EBay. For programming cables use Craiglook.com to do a nation-wide Craigslist title search.

@PVC,
Yea, I saw that too. but I don’t think it is going to sell in auction price because I saw that the seller already sold 2 iCubes $400 each. I would spend $$$ in hi-pro than $300 in phonak iCube, because hi-pro programs all brands of HIs.

I will send you an email.

Could you please send it to me too??? my email is varikoia.blog@gmail.com

Could anyone please send me the latest Starkey and Siemens fitiing software??

Thank you in advance

Yes I am trying to find the Siemens software too so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I am also looking for ExpressFit 5 for my Sonic Innovations Innova hearing aids. I have ExpressFit 6.4 but it no longer includes Innova. I plan to get a Hi-pro but need to be sure I can get the software before it will do me any good.

I own a pair of Resound Metrix MX80’s… I bought 'em on eBay several years ago. I spilled super glue on / in one a couple years back (I know --:eek:), it got fussy, so I quit wearing 'em; I recently had it repaired (recased) and started wearing 'em again. They work fine, I’m happy with 'em, just want the programming upated. Local audi won’t re-program them for me, he says they’re “black market”, and the manufacturer will confiscate them… I think he’s just being a jerk. Location is isolated (Alaska), can’t go somewhere else easily… I want to program them myself.

Lots of good info here… but I’m unsure precisely what I need to program these units. Looks like I need Aventa software, so I downloaded several versions - not sure which version(s) will support these units. I’ve gotten v2.6, v2.7, v2.9 & v3.1, hope I don’t need to find an older version. Which is compatible / recommended ?

Also, I’ll apparently need CS-44 cables, if I’ve read right. Doesn’t appear it’ll be too difficult to get ahold of those…

Apparently I also need an interface box, either HiPro or NOAHlink… I gather the HA’s connect to the interface box, which connects to the computer (via USB?), and the software will then establish a connection to the HA’s – right? So, which type of box is best / most versatile? These are probably not the only HA’s I’ll ever own… (if so I wouldn’t bother doing this).

Also, the Aventa software specs says it’s compatible with NOAH database version 2 / 3.1 / 3.12 REM / 3.6 (depending on version of Aventa) – but I’ve read that this isn’t required to program my own HA’s, it’s used to store (many) patients’ data. Is that correct, or do I need NOAH db sofware, too?

I hope someone knowledgable will help provide guidance / advice. I’m a computer programmer, database analyst, network systems engineer… so I think I can probably handle this seemingly simple setup – just need to know the right parts to assemble. Also, I do expect to upgrade HA’s someday, it’d be wisest to use components that won’t become obsolete in the short term.

Thanks for help,
Woody

First of all you don’t need NOAHlink.

Also, (generally) new vendor software releases are for the purposes of supporting the latest hardware. So they generally support all of the older hardware. But not ancient stuff.

I don’t know about your model… Though, sometimes you need programming boots in addition to the programming cables. HiPro is the most versatile device to connect your HAs to programming software.

Also HiPros connect to your PC as serial (cheap) and USB (more expensive). I vote for the USB hiPro to avoid setup problems.

I hope you get it figured out. I think you will enjoy the journey figuring out the specific sound settings that work best for you. Why in the world would he call your hearing aids “black market”, particularly after they have just been repaired and the manufacturer didn’t confiscate them at that time.

And I don’t think they could take them from you. They sold them to someone and you bought them from someone. Why would ReSound have the right to “confiscate” them?

I can tell you’ve done your research here. It’s been about 2 yrs since I programmed my mini Matrix, but I think I used Aventa 2.7. Your model hearing aid should be listed in the hearing aid selection area.

Your right, you don’t need the Noah data base as Aventa runs as a standalone program.

The NoahLink programming box is pretty hard to find and the only advantage is it connects to the PC via Bluetooth so you’re not tethered to the computer. It’s nice, but being tethered is not really that big of a deal. Also, there is an older serial HiPro that requires a serial to USB converter to work with newer PCs. Some people have reported problems getting the converter setup. I think your best choice for a programming box is the USB HiPro and it’ll work with many different models and styles of hearing aids. The CS-44 cables connect the hearing aids to the HiPro or NoahLink, whichever you get. Some hearing aids require a boot or a flex strip to attach to the hearing aids, but I think the MX-80 has a socket to plug the cable in directly.