Self programming where to get hard- and software

The CS44 cable is popular but does not fit several brands. Ed

:mad: Second pair of Merical Ear aids, Paid 6K a few years back, never have worked well, lots of background noise and after taking them back to Sears dozens of times finally lived with them, they squeal on the phone and most the time. took them to Sears and wanted volume turned down and they say sorry no software too old, WTF. then they want to sell me new behind the ear aids for $8500. I walk out fo over to Cosco and buy a pair of behind the ear for $1900, remote volume and the whole smear. Sears and Sawbuck can KMA! they are nothing but a big scam! The new Cosco (Rexon work great no problems at all. Be warned stay far from Sears aids as you can get!:(:(:frowning:

Thanks for the replies…

So, I found another local audi who seemed a little more helpful… but he doesn’t do much work with Resound HA’s. I visited him, he had to load the Aventa software on his computer (v3.x). Then he scrounged around looking for the right cables, and eventually told me he wouldn’t be able to program these units because he didn’t have the right boots for them; I told him I didn’t think they needed boots, the cables should plug directly into the HA – he looked at 'em and realized I was right.

Finally got it all set up, and found out Aventa v3.x doesn’t support these older models (Metrix). I told him he just needed to load an older version of the software, but he was reluctant… ultimately, he was unable to program the units for me, and I may be back to square one – forced to acquire the equipment to program them myself.

I told him I’d read on Resound website (at the software download FAQ) that v2.9 and v3.x can coexist on the same computer without conflict… and I’d suspect he could load an even older version, like v2.7 (mentioned in a previous post – thanks, aero777) without a problem – but he didn’t have any older versions onhand, and I was unable to advise with certainty which version he’d need to use.

I suppose I could install it on my own computer, one version at a time in reverse order, until I find the latest version that supports these units… but if anyone knows for certain and can save me the trouble I’d appreciate the help.

Thanks,
~W

I’m a newbie to self programming and enjoying following this thread. I’m surprised nobody has discussed thehearingcompany.com. They specialize in Siemens and sell the Hi-pro USB with cables and software for $695. Seems a little expensive but not outrageous. They also sell the complete line of Siemens HAs. Has anyone tried this source?

I’m trying to convince another sound-tech friend to go in with me on a Hi-Pro box. I’ve got GN Resound Azure aids, and it’s very nice that Resound makes their stand-alone fitting software freely available.

But my friend has Oticon Epoq aids. I understand Oticon’s Genie software works stand-alone – i.e. without NOAH – but we can’t find it anywhere.

Does anyone have or know where to find the Genie software?

This might be what your looking for :slight_smile:
Best of luck in your quest to be a self programmer.
Many of us here enjoy that route already.

Thanks, alpine1! Unfortunately that link takes you a password-protected download for the latest version. I’d be happy to have an older version of Genie, even, as long as it would work with the Epoqs. But I have so far been unsuccessful! Funny how some manufacturers are just fine with making their software available, and others not so much.

Probelm solved, post deleted – I was trying to figure out how to connect the CS44 to the Resound Azure AZ60-DI, and finally found the connector under a silicone cover on the back of the aid.

If someone in Europe is interested to buy a USB HI-PRO i can recommend the following seller - I just bough mine for 300$ from him and everything was fine:

[FONT=Arial]DOĞUŞ MEDİKAL TİÇ.VE SAN.LTD.ŞTİ.[/FONT]
[COLOR=#000000]KALE MAH OSMANİYE CAD. 8/L[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]55030[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]SAMSUN/TURKEY[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]LORECa Hearing Aids[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]Skype:zhpkaoru[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]TEL:03624315758[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]FAX:03624317335
sales (attt) oreca (dotttt) com
[/COLOR]

hi Im very interrest!!! please How can I buy this hi-pro please?
new agil pro miniRite use!

Sorry, the picture was lost.

I think you meant L[COLOR=#000000]oreca.com (not oreca) :slight_smile:
[/COLOR]

Thanks psyron. I checked on their prices for shipment to USA and they are 50USD less than the Ebay China-to-USA price.

How much for a USB Hi-Pro shipped to a USA address?
>>pricing of USB Hipro is 475USD.
>>The freight is about 65~70USD(estimated).
**475 US dollars = 359.4401 euros
**70 US dollars = 52.9701 euros
?? Customs

Bump for another member,

To anyone that can help

"5. I would like to look at the Compass software before having my aids reprogrammed … save time - increase my options - possibly better first fit … "

The above is from

hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?p=89528#post89528

Thanks in advance,
Richard

PM possible

Does anyone know where I can buy a new or used AHPro 3 usb device to do my own programming?

I have the rebranded America Hears HA. Bought them at sams club under the “Liberty” brand name.

Hi there everyone! I am new to the forum, and an owner of a new pair of Starkey i110 Halo’s. I am really hoping I will be able to do some programming of my own on the HA’s.

After not getting anywhere on my own research looking for the Starkey Inspire Software and the Trulink Programmer, I wondered if you guys might be able to point me in the right direction.

Hope to hear back soon, thanks in advanced for your help!

If anyone is interested I have a NEARCOM and a NoahLink that I’d be willing to sell. I also have a copy of Widex software, so if you have a later model HA from them, the NEARCOM would be a complete system. I don’t have the ribbon cables to connect the NoahLink or the HiPro to every type of hearing aid so there would still be some parts for you to assemble in order to make them work, but I can give some advice on how to get them.

— Updated —

If anyone is interested I have a NEARCOM and a NoahLink that I’d be willing to sell. I also have a copy of Widex software, so if you have a later model HA from them, the NEARCOM would be a complete system. I don’t have the ribbon cables to connect the NoahLink or the HiPro to every type of hearing aid so there would still be some parts for you to assemble in order to make them work, but I can give some advice on how to get them.

What version of Compass do you have and do you have the compass GPS software too? I have a USB link.

— Updated —

What version of Compass do you have and do you have the compass GPS software too? I have a USB link.

I believe I have the latest version of Compass and I do have Compass GPS. Do you have Dream hearing aids? When you say that you already have USB link, is that a programming device? I’m not familiar with that term. Is it a NOAHlink or something similar?