Self programming where to get hard- and software

PAX, I found these drivers for hipro, with reference to GNresound software, which is also available to the public for download. Don’t know if they will help you or not. http://hi-pro-usb-drivers.software.informer.com/ I too will be looking for a manufacturer who has SW available, and GN is a likely suspect for me. I have already downloaded their software, and it looks pretty easy to use. I am intrigued by the BE, if it will work with my hearing loss. I have not been able to get a copy of my audiogram from my audi, so thinking about finding another audi, soon. Sounds like your treatment from your audi is similar to mine. I have to pry out information, and still she stonewalls me most of the time. I realize we are probably in the minority, but hearing aids are too expensive not to get the most out of them. I haven’t tried to buy any hardware yet. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

<snip>

If the hipro is serial port connected, it will not require a driver, the built in serial port driver (for windows) should be all you need.

hippeaux -

HA! That’s the point! Self-programmers should never really be DONE with tweaking:) Jobs change, surroundings change, hearing loss changes (mine is progressing sharply and I’m 28).

Frogg-

Thanks for the link. It got me moving again. Now I’m looking for a file named ‘HI-PRO Configuration.exe’

Unitron gives some hints:
http://downloads.unitron.com/R_D/CustomerSupport/Support_Documents/HiPro%20Connection%20and%20Firmware%20upgrade.ppt

zafdor could it be true? No drivers needed for serial port type Hi PROs? Can you decribe the pairing process?

Has anyone come across a source for programming cables? My audi said she could order some for me, but I think she might have been kidding. Heck, why not? It would keep me out of her office.

Actually the fitting software will detect and connect to the hipro. It seems like I originally had to update the firmware which is within the software files. The newer software would have the latest firmware. Phonak uses cs44-a cables , phonak only I believe. A lot of the resound and other bte’s use the cs44. Here is where you can buy the cs44
http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?products.html&1
He used to have only the cs44 now they imply if you give your aid model they will provide the cables???
Go to hearing aid accessories/tubing-programming equipment
Most software has a cable overview.

Shan excellent link!
This looks like the real deal. Thanks a bunch.

This is the page one deeper which shows the cables:

There is nothing you can do on a serial port that will not be supported by the built in drivers. If you knew the protocol (command set) and had incredible patience, you could probably even program your instrument in a windows terminal session. I would look on your programming software to see if there are settings for the hipro.

(Quote)This is the page one deeper which shows the cables:

It’s a redesigned page, the blinking on and off menu is terrible , also the links don’t go all the way it seems. I have been familiar with the guy for a few years (Internet) and he is not out to goof anyone.
I have Resound Metrix (cs44) and savia (cs44a) with mine they are not interchangeable.

Shan, are you using a HiPro and Resound’s Aventa? If so, where did you buy your HiPro?

I have a serial hipro, I have not worn the metrix for a long time so haven’t used aventa in a long while. I traded items with a dispenser I meet a few years ago 06. I’m relatively young 52 and will end up wearing aids for many years. I put a lot of time and effort into understanding the perimeters but in the long run it seems well worth it.

It appears that neither Oticon Genie or Otiset fitting software will run standalone, but need to be called up through NOAH. A 45 day trial of Noah can be downloaded from HIMSA web site, but does anyone know what NOAH license costs? Otiset is available for free download on an Oticon website, but haven’t found Genie yet, which is what my audi uses. I have Oticon CICs, and see on website from a poster above that cables, and new HiPros can be ordered for under $1000. Still too steep for me, but maybe some of this stuff is gradually finding its way into the consumer marketplace. I will keep watching eBay for a cheaper HiPro, and somewhere to download Genie.

genie does run stand alone you do not need to buy noah

Thanks, X. Up to now, Otiset was the only Oticon sw I have been able to download, and when I tried to run it, a message said it would not work standalone. It’s good to know that Genie will run standalone. I’ll keep looking for Genie. If my audi were more helpful, I wouldn’t be here on this forum looking for a way to do myself. Anyway, still looking for the pieces to the puzzle, realizing it will cost some money, but hoping to find affordable answers.

on the bright side, if you did purchase your Hi pro, you will be able to
use it to program your HI in the future…

I believe HOH who are capable and willing should be able to have the opportunity to review and study their purchased $$$ aids software. If only to see their capabilities. A dispenser who is more than just familiar with the software should have no fear of the extra input. There would be stupid questions, but being so stupid means there would be easy logical answers.
An involved patient (if we can go so far as to put it in medical terms) who takes ownership and responsibility for their hearing capabilities is far more likely to end up with more improvement.

One might go so far as to say, “An involved patient … is a happy patient.”

It was annoying finding this but finally got it by googling cs44.

http://www.hearing-loss-help-co.com/index1.html?c325.html&1

what product are you wearing?

I am wearing Oticon syncro2 cics, a little over 3 yrs old.

you would next a flexconect and a programing cable