Self programming where to get hard- and software

Ah, unifit not unfit my mistake hehe.

Poor starkey, this thread took off in many different directions yet with the same title “dont buy starkey”

I don’t know of any downloads for Oasis. If I did I would give it to you.

I found downloads for U:Fit (these). But that’s not the U:Fit fitting software.

I guess it will remain your secret, eh?

It is not my secret, but I won’t make it public : most likely, Unitron will deactivate the link right away, if it becomes public. Since you are not wearing Unitron aids, you don’t need U:fit, anyway.

I know about the deactivation problems. :wink: I just needed to get a sense of what we are talking about. Up until now I have been saying that this was successfully hidden. According to your recent disclosure, that was mis-information wouldn’t you agree?

You say they are not hiding it. That seems like mis-information to me. I know about searching.

As a small group of information-needy self-programmers we should learn better ways of talking to each other without spreading mis-information.

Well, obviously you don’t know enough about searching :stuck_out_tongue:

According to some expert’s evaluations, Google has access to only 7% of the existing Internet pages. According to some personal evaluations, I think I can find another 7% of the existing Internet pages. Sometimes, I was “determined” enough to make Google able to find more pages than it displayed for first time, sometimes I had to find them myself.

I’m not spreading any mis-information, but I won’t make public those links, that’s all. Maybe someone else has a link for Oasis and he will receive those links from me.

Oh okay grasshopper. It must be a zen thing. :wink:

No, it is not a Zen thing, it’s a robot thing :slight_smile: . For example, a human can click on a page name (trying to find another link) about every 2 seconds, that is 30 times in a minute. But a small software like Teleport can “click” a lot faster. An .xlsx file with 10,000 potential names of Internet pages can be generated in no more than 5 minutes. And Teleport will test those potential links in no more than half an hour.

In just two days, Teleport tested 360,000 potential links (36 .xlsx files of 10,000 potential links each) on a certain manufacturer website. And guess what? :stuck_out_tongue: Teleport found more than 6000 real pages! Some of them also have active links on other pages, but Google still didn’t find them.

That’s impressive. I will have to take a peek at Teleport when I get some time. I was just wondering, if you applied this amount of search power looking for Oasis and didn’t find it then maybe they only mail out disks???

I didn’t apply yet this method for Oasis, they have an odd structure of their links (…/eprise/main/_downloads/00_Multilingual/… ) and I have an older version of their software. I don’t think they only mail out discs, I think I just didn’t need their current version bad enough :smiley:

Fitting software oddities that I noticed:

IPFG 2.4 will not install on a 64-Bit Windows system.

Genie 2009.2 standalone database function fails install on Vista 64-bit Windows. You can enter Audiogram and fit HIs but you have no standalone database functions to save settings to the database.

Genie 2009.2 doesn’t allow standalone database option when installing on Windows-7 64-bit. You can enter Audiogram and fit HIs but you have no standalone database functions to save settings to the database.

All these things seem to work fine under Win-XP 32-Bit Windows.

himsa does not support 64 operating systems, therefore it is expected that
IPFG does not run on 64 operating systems.

They claim they will have something compatible with windows 7, and a new Noah 4
next year surely by AAA

I’m able to use the IPFG 2.5a program while running windows 7 in 64 bit

son-of-a-gun… So am I :wink:

No! Version 2.5a works on 64-bit.

I’m looking for ReSound fitting software Aventa 2.9

I can download older versions (2.6 and 2.7) from the manufacturer’s website. But these only support devices up to the Resound be. It does not have the newer ReSound Live device listed and it doesn’t recognize the Live(s) as connected devices.

Please send me an email message if you know where to find Aventa 2.9.

I’m Test Driving Oticon Dual Mini C7’s and looking for Genie 2009.2 (or Later) fitting software. This Forum is Awesome, I’ve been reading it for hours and learned so much. Thanks.

Lots of good info here! I have been reading the thread and have learned a lot.

My wife has a new Phonak Certéna HS.
We want to get into self programming. I have the iFpg software. Is the only other thing I need a cable? I see that the phonak programming chart says that the HA needs a 312 size cable. Do I need another box? or plug that cable into the PC?

If that is all I need, does anyone have a source for these cables?

Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can get a stand-alone version of the Starkey programming software?

I’m using a Starkey Destiny and recently bought a hipro box, but can’t seem to find the Starkey software anywhere. The manufacturer is no help at all, anyone have any ideas?
<!-- / message -->

You will need a HiPro programmer as well.
http://www.usnewsound.com/goods.php?id=61

Click on the links below and you will see that the cables connect to a Hi-Pro (not to a PC). Previously the cables were available from EBay Singapore but he seems to be on vacation at this point.