Self programming where to get hard- and software

You dont need to spend thousands to get a hi pro box. The point also isnt so much the money. But instead is to allow you to hear which is after all the only reason we are here, other than the audiologists and disability profiteers. Many audie’s simply dont “get it” and have no idea of how devastating being hearing impaired can be on a persons life. Getting an adjustment and “moving on” is not a ******* option for most of us. The struggle to find ways to better your own hearing to the highest degree possible is always there and I am not going to trust something so important to anyone but a medical doctor.

The trick is finding an audiologist that is willing and able to program the aids. Then they have to listen to you…

Hey I agree with cmb427 100%. My point is for those on a budget!

I’m hearing impaired and truthfully hate it! I also have access to a Hi Pro box and can adjust my aids any day of the week.

Over the years I’ve found that I adjust - new to me aids - a couple of times and then they are “good”.

If you have the money by all means go out and buy all the stuff. I don’t disagree with that.

However, I believe that in this time of tightening wallets there are those that won’t go out and buy all the programming equipment. They should know that they too can get their hearing up to the “Best They Can Be” at about $45, if that, a pop for an adjustment and that it will likely only take a couple of adjustments.

Not getting anywhere with the place you bought your aids?

Go somewhere else and pay an office fee. There are lots of people in the hearing aid business that are good people and will help you. Don’t settle for aids on the dresser.

I have been dealing with audies for 39 years and I am done with them. Too small of a percentage appear competent as well as honest as well as have the time to spend with you needed.

Getting your own hi pro also deals with these issues-

-I plan to tweak the setting alot more than twice.
-I plan to get other used hearing aids and then send them in to be rebuilt by a repair shop.
-Avoids the possibility of your hearing aid being sabatoged by the audio or whoever. Sounds like that could never happen, but it can and does happen on a massive scale to mostly seniors or people who are in a position not to know better. Its impossible to prove.
-Allows you to send your own aid in to a 3rd party to be repaired, which I trust alot more than the mfr. In fact, I spoke I think here or another site about how a mfr reduced the capabilities of my hearing aid without informing me in order to protect themselves from liability. I am in the process of finding out if I can sue them and/or the audiologists invovled and I will post what I learned here.

Cmb427

In your place I would do the same. My post was not aimed at you in any way.

I do believe there are those out there that have not been wearing hearing aids for even a few years and are not happy with the performance they are getting.

To those people only I suggest there are alternatives.

At this point I respectfully bow out of this thread.

The cost is approximately $750 ($600 for a USB Hi=Pro and $150 for the cables). Expensive, yes. But not thousands.

Pax576, I found drivers (software) for the Hi pro by doing a Google search for gn hy pro. They are free downloads.
wayne

In the future you probably should avoid the compatibility issues involved with the old serial interface boxes because computers no longer have serial ports. Our computers have been switched to USB. See this post. They are a little cheaper. You should consider that you are giving huge profits to the sellers since the serial boxes are pretty much obsolete. Buy the USB Hi-Pro instead.

I don’t think you need Noah. Run your fitting software standalone.

Some fitting software doesn’t run in a 64-bit windows OS. The newer OS (Vista, Win 7) come in 32-bit and 64-bit. Win-Xp even has a 64-bit version.

someone knows where to find bernafon oasis

Its here, dowload while you can

Most of the links are now dead. I managed to get 4 of them a coulple of weeks ago

Did not find Oasis on the thread mentioned above.

I, too, would like to get a copy of Oasis 10.?. Ed

Try over Here.

I don’t see any access for downloading Oasis 10.1 even if you do create an account. Maybe they hide it like Unitron hides U:Fit.

Here’s how we ended up. These are exact prices including shipping. The links below will break over time due to source archival.

Oticon Epoq XW hearing aids + Streamer, $2165

USB Hi-Pro + programming cables and boots, S$960 / $716 USD

Fitting software, Free

Total price for self-programmable top-of-the-line equipment, $2881

Not having to pay some hustler $6000-$7000, Priceless!

Unitron isn’t hiding U:fit. At least, not very well :stuck_out_tongue:
Does anyone offer a link for Oasis in exchange for a link for U:fit? :smiley:

I think maybe you mean Unifitand not U:Fit??

unfit lol.

Pvc. Did you win that hearing aid on ebay? When do you get it?

click the links in the post CMB
unifit not unfit, LOL

I think I know better what I mean. Unifit is the “ancient” software from Unitron. I think it stopped for good in 2007 at version 5.51
U:fit is the new one, current version is 2.1.1, as far as I know.

Anyway, there are working links for U:fit, I will provide one in exchange for an Oasis 10.1 working link.