Self programming where to get hard- and software

Too bad there is not an America Hears option that would met your hearing needs since they come with both the programming hardware and software.

Yes I know you “source” hardware and software for any brand but not as easy as with AH. :slight_smile:

Lovehearing (Hong Kong) also provides both the programming hardware and software. See this (http://www.hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=4609).

But some may feel the need to self program other brands of hearing aids. As we talk about the resources available to self programmers some of those resources (such as the iCube) have a habit of disappearing. What’s up with that??? Oh never mind… I can guess.

I can whole hardily endorse a company called Hearsource. The hearing aids have been the best I have ever worn and the people have been very supportive and easy to deal with. They even have their own support videos, blogs and forum for hearing aid users.

I am sure the other companies mentioned are fine also, but my positive experience has been with HearSource.

Musick7 <— Raises Hand… I might have a suggestion.

Who makes the DSP inside that “Widex Passion” If you know the answer to that I know the answer to your Programming Needs. ‘Maybe’ Please please please don’t think I’m trying to be cocky. I just love this kind of stuff and google seems to find things that are well kept industry secrets…

‘Did you know that google gets smarter the more you use it?’ Have you ever noticed when searching and you go to a website where adds are displayed along the edges of the webpage and those adds seem to be everything you like… Thats Google keeping tabs.

You can Purchase from Knowles acoustics.
Try Also www.SONION.com Here is LINK Below of there Program Cables
http://www.sonion.com/Products/Electromechanicals/Connector%20Systems.aspx

DELTEK will have the cables, I think deltek is momma bear company… or something to that effect.

Digikey, Newark or Mouser might have the cables but I’m not sure about that.

I heard that the Hi Pro has bluetooth/wireless capabilities, if I bought the newer hi pro will I be able to program my hearing aids without wires?
I have phonak exeria art HI
Thank you

I heard that the Hi Pro has bluetooth/wireless capabilities,

Google “NoahLink”

and

Google “iCube”

Thank you EnglishDispenser,
People here saying that iCube is not available for purchase. I visited Noahlink website but they did not say anything about fitting the hearing aid without cables. all I can see is that Noahlink communicates with the pc wireless through bluetooth and it doesn’t need to be attached to power supply because it has battery. I don’t know if having bluetooth makes it communicate with the HI too.

Hi-pro is a serial interface. Old version = RS-232-C like this. New version is a USB interface. But that’s still a serial interface. It has nothing to do with wireless. You need programming cables to connect the Hi-Pro to your aids.

Right, the iCube is no longer available for sale to chumps like you and I.

You don’t need Noahlink for anything that I know of. You can run the fitting software standalone without Noahlink. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this applies to serial and/or wireless interfaces. In other words I believe that Noahlink is not necessary for a wireless interface.

Hello,

Thanks to this forum for info regarding self-programming HI.
I have the hi-pro, genie software and can get the cs-44 cables
from the links in this thread.

But I have had no luck at all locating the Oticon black programming
shoes need to connect the Oticon Sumo aids.

Does anyone know where I can beg, borrow or steal these?

Thanks!
Bill

Only from a dispenser with an Oticon account.

(And, no, please do NOT email me - I can’t help)

Or benafon… Bernafon extreme use the same programming boot

Why don’t you try at Singapore eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Programming-cables-for-all-major-brand-of-hearing-aids_W0QQitemZ330376985875QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_216?hash=item4cec00bd13.

The seller is selling all types of cables. I believe he can get you the Oticon black programming shoes as well.

Hi, the iCube works like a charm. Somestimes they drop the connection to the aids, but then again, so does the Noah Link, which is also bluetooth. The Hi-Pro interface box rarely fails, but it a pain in the backside with all the cables. David Regan auditoryscene.net

Hello,
What is an Icube and how does it relate to hearing aids? Is an Icube like a hi pro?

The Phonak iCube is a wireless programming device to program Phonak CORE platform hearing aids. These are the newest generation Phonak aids. This iCube is very hard for the average person to get their hands on.
I am pretty sure this is the correct answer, the pros will correct me otherwise.

Good luck

So everything will hook up to Hi Pro’s, including phonak right? Or you could get the icube, which only hooks to phonak? The reason people might be an icube is to save money over buying a Hi pro I reason.

hipro should be consider, this will enable to program all HI brands

Thanks. By the way what is insitu programming? I understand that there are two types of programming:

-The prog. done at the factory using your audiogram

-The prog. done at the audiologists office to “fine tune” the aid

Are we able to do the same prog. that the factory does? Or can we just do the fine tuning that the audies do?

Like some people were saying, it would be very awesome if we could gather all this information, links and a general explanation of the how to’s at one location somewhere.

For those that are not willing to spend thousands to get a Hi Pro box and the software to program their hearing aids there is an alternative…

First let me say that adjustments are done early and often not long term. Once you have your aids set “pretty close” to the optimum you are well advised to get used to them and go on about your live.

So, the question here is the initial adjustments. How much money are you willing to spend for them?

I suggest that it is economically sensible to spend as little as $45 per adjustment rather than spend thousands for equipment that will soon be collecting dust. There are plenty of dispensers out there that will adjust your aids, while they are in your ears, for you with minimal office fees.

Save your money for the next generation of hearing aid technology!