Self programming where to get hard- and software

OH! I didn’t notice it was ebay SINGAPORE! Nevermind, I think we all should get in on this. What else can you sell us??

I have purchased CS44 and CS63 Flex Strip programming cable from the supplier before and there are many others cables available. State your cable request together with the HiPro order.

Xbuilder, any links about the Speedlink? I’m a DOT 30 user so that might be a good road to take.

Meir

A lot of folks have done a lot of good work researching (and executing!) self programming (the non America Hears route). I think it would be great if we could get all of this information rended down and put into a sticky thread. How do we do it?

I bought the Icube and all other products locally from a hearing clinic. Believe the price was around $300. Hope this helps.

I think this is a good idea
If there is a possibility, I would like to help.
I tried to do this with my summary of all the fitting software :

Is there a better way?

I have place an ads at website at www.ebay.com.sg. The brief descriptions of the Hi-pro USB unit is available here for your information.

I have everything I need to tweak the programming of my be9s except the pills that connect to the cables. Any ideas? No luck at google. Thanks

Twells, do we need Noah to run the avanta software?

Has someone used the iCube over Bluetooth instead of the wire? This route seems to be troublesome.

Aventa runs stand alone, just select that option when you install it. BTW, I went with dot 20’s instead of the be9. Got lucky and bought a speed link with all the cables I need on eBay for $130. Now I just need to find some sport locks for the dots.

I have a source in China for the Hipro fairly cheap and another source for the Noahlink if anyone is interested. They are both new and in the box so they are not cheap.

While the physical hardware to self program is readily available, the manufacturer’s software is not.

The software is proprietary and most manufacturers will not release the software except to one of their dealers (dispensers).

It is conceivable that a manufacturer might get tough about unauthorized use of their software and take some legal steps to prevent use by non-dealers.

Discussions of illegal sources of software, could precipitate nasty legal action to close down forums carrying such discussions. Some manufacturers may go to great lengths to protect their stuff that cost them a bundle to develop.

Personally, I find the mfg’s short sighted in their protective stance, because their software has only one use, that is, to program their aids which they made a profit on. Ed

Well, maybe in the US they may close down a forum for carrying such discussions. But not in Europe. Anyway, the manufacturer website is not an “illegal source”, since the software is not protected.

No, and aventa is free for you to donwload of the resound website

many manf. have their soft for download… Unitron, Widex, Magantone, Sonic Inn, just to name a few

OK, so for the dots,the way to go would be to get a speed link (Which I can’t seem to find anywhere) along with the free Aventa 2.7 download and what cables? Thanks.

Anyway, the manufacturer website is not an “illegal source”, since the software is not protected.

The software is usually licensed.

You may - or may not - be permitted to copy or use the software.The fact that you can find a copy to download is neither here nor there.

I advise users of manufacturers’ programming software NOT to assume that they have the right to do so.

Check with the manufacturer first!

Hello Jürgen,

I’m from Germany as well and I’m using the passion 115 from widex.
What I want to do, is to do the setting of my hearing aid stress-free at home.
I already loaded the trial-software compass. What I need is to buy is the adapter-cable to PC.
Or maybe a simple cable can be build by myself using a battery as power-supply and interface-contact.
Do you have any experience ( or a wiring diagram) in building a cable or can you tell me, where I can buy the noahlink.

Many thanks in advance for your answer

Best regards
Michael

contactsor to build own m

Does anyone know where I can buy an icube?
I just bought a set of Phonak vesata’s and they need some heavy adjustments.
I would really like to do this myself rather that making the appointment and the long drive in every time to see my audiologist.
I have downloaded the IPFG software and watched my audiologist use it. I’m pretty confident I can do it myself by doing small adjustment at a time.
I have read on here that http://store.yourhearing.net/ used to cary the icube, but unfortunately they no longer cary it.
Can anyone tell me where I can buy an icube?
Thanks!!