Self programming where to get hard- and software

Juergen congratulations on getting up and running with your own programming. Evidently, you were unable to find a source for programming cables since you say you have a Noahlink?? By the way, there is a Noahlink for sale on ebay today for $500 if anyone is looking.

As an update, Curtis from Hearing-loss-help.com refunded my $$ the day after my complaining post. I think this forum has power!! Shan, not sure if you nudged him, but thanks.

I have a supplier willing to sell me brand new Hi-pro programming interface at USD$500 each but will require to purchase in 10 pieces minimum. CS44 cable, CS63 Flex Strip programming cable @USD60 per cable. Other cables may need to check. I need at least 10 interested parties to join in to purchase in bulk. There will be other cost such as import tax and shipping cost to bring in the items and re-distribute the item to the respective buyers budgeted at about another extra USD50. If shipping cost to the respective buyer is too high, top up is required.
Why buy a used hi-pro at the price of a brand new device? If interested, please book in advance.
Once I got the numbers, I shall post the product at www.ebay.com.sg for you to place the order as it is currently free for seller to post. For payment mode, I still need to find one which is cheap and reliable to all of you. May be through Paypal or moneybookers. Additional cost of about 5% on the cost if pay by Paypal.

I have great interest in this thread. I too have the Phonak software and intend to get an iCube. As I understand it, it is all you need except for a USB cable?? Can anyone confirm this? Can it really be that sinple?? Likely not!!

I would like to buy the Noahlink on eBay now. The seller says it comes with software. I even downloaded the “Aventa” software from Resound’s site, it doesn’t seem complicated. Will I need to purchase “Noah system” too? And what about “cs53” cables?
BTW, resounds site recommends using “Speedlink”, I tried googling it with no results, anyone heard of that?

The iCube (a wireless hearing aid programming unit) and ipfg 2.1 or above are the only technical bits you need. The icube can be linked through ipfg to your computer’s bluetooth module (if it has one) or quite simply by using a long USB cable (all three my icubes came with a long USB cable included each). You will be able to program all Core platform Phonak aids using this setup. This includes all Audeo YES models, Certena, Versata and Exelia and all future Core models (probably all future Phonak chipsets I would hope). For any other Phonak or other manufacturer models you will need Noahlink or hiPro with appropriate cabling (different cables for ITE, CIC, BTE etc even within a brand and model!) and software.

BTW I love using the icube as it is very simple and wireless using Bluetooth. No more fiddly hearing aid cables into tiny little ports.

Three iCubes? Hmm, can you give me your address and security codes? I want to come steal one. :stuck_out_tongue:

The best place I have found for finding nut and bolts type of information is The Hearing Journal.
http://www.audiologyonline.com/theHearingJournal/
On the left of the page there is a link to Audiology Online
At Aud. Online you can take courses concerning most topics. The manufacturer sponsored courses are typically free. They want you to buy their product!!
It has been a few years but I believe I registered as a student. You can search thru the archives or recorded courses and find info on most products.
Almost every new offering of an aid has a free continuing education course.
These are informative but are typically (one serious sales pitch) to their customer (the audiologist/dispenser).
I have not looked, but the speedlink, icube, would have a course associated with them.
There are very indepth audiological courses concerning the latest perspective on most issues.

Together with noahlink comes a bluetooth dongle and the needed driver CD
There is a update for the drive available:
http://german.himsa.com/Download/NOAHlinkUpdatesandPatches/tabid/2046/language/de-DE/Default.aspx
additional you will need the software for your hearing aid. Thats all.
In case of widex software compass and phonak software Ipfg I tested this my own and it works perfect.

kind regards from German
Jürgen

I have summarized all the links I have got up to now here

No offense danielchin but your offer sounds a little fishy. This is your first post on the forum? I would caution anyone against providing money up front for maybe product later.

it is a small usb prog device only for GN instrument.
it is faster than hi pro and smaller- unfor. it only works for gn like products
but it is on the other hand quite cheap

you see the problem with the icube is that it only works with phonak, not even their sister company unitron.
on the other hand, the nearcom is a open platform which could work with a variety of manf. - if enough manf. embrace it might actually become popular

DO you know if iCube will work with the upcomming Unitron Passport or not?

BTW the NEarcom is very bulky and expensive option (you need to buy a NoahLink and the Nearcom which connects to the Noahlink) - in AU that is almost $3K- monster compared to the simple elegance of the iCube ($400).

Hi everybody! I am new to this forum but want to post a note to try to help anybody with a decision if I can. Bought Audeo IX three weeks ago with the MyPilot. Just picked up the Icube and used it for the first time today. THIS IS
A PIECE OF CAKE!! Very simple to use and no problems at all. Did connect with the USB cable. So if you are sitting on the fence I say go for it.

R          L

250 25 30
500 20 30
1000 25 30
2000 25 45
3000 40 75
4000 75 90
6000 75 95
8000 75 90

The ease of use is good to hear as I’ve been considering the purchase of one of these devices. Mind if I ask where you got the iCube, and for how much did you pay?

Fishy is putting it mildly. I bet he wants a good faith deposit up front too. After all, why should he lay out all the money, and why shouldn’t you trust him? RIIIGHT!!! Surrrrrre!!! If anyone falls for this, they will get what they are due. Buyer beware. Especially over the Internet from someone you never met, who is not licensed or with a registered licensed business and for an offer that is too good to be true.

The selling will be sold through the www.ebay.com.sg instead of the www.ebay.com which has a cost attached to it for any successful deal. You will bid as usual from the ebay and the buyer protection is in placed. In addition, I did not gain much through this sales. My intention is to invite the members to bid from www.ebay.com.sg to save on cost and everyone also can enjoy low-cost sales. Personally, I am also an user of hearing aids. I can really empathize with what all those in suffer.

If you are interested, just give a name now and I will only post it to the ebay when I have gathered enough people to purchase so that I could negotiate with the supplier to get a bulk discount. Otherwise, no deal.

OH! I didn’t notice it was ebay SINGAPORE! Nevermind, I think we all should get in on this. What else can you sell us??

I have purchased CS44 and CS63 Flex Strip programming cable from the supplier before and there are many others cables available. State your cable request together with the HiPro order.

Xbuilder, any links about the Speedlink? I’m a DOT 30 user so that might be a good road to take.

Meir