Self programming where to get hard- and software

Cmb427

In your place I would do the same. My post was not aimed at you in any way.

I do believe there are those out there that have not been wearing hearing aids for even a few years and are not happy with the performance they are getting.

To those people only I suggest there are alternatives.

At this point I respectfully bow out of this thread.

The cost is approximately $750 ($600 for a USB Hi=Pro and $150 for the cables). Expensive, yes. But not thousands.

Pax576, I found drivers (software) for the Hi pro by doing a Google search for gn hy pro. They are free downloads.
wayne

In the future you probably should avoid the compatibility issues involved with the old serial interface boxes because computers no longer have serial ports. Our computers have been switched to USB. See this post. They are a little cheaper. You should consider that you are giving huge profits to the sellers since the serial boxes are pretty much obsolete. Buy the USB Hi-Pro instead.

I don’t think you need Noah. Run your fitting software standalone.

Some fitting software doesn’t run in a 64-bit windows OS. The newer OS (Vista, Win 7) come in 32-bit and 64-bit. Win-Xp even has a 64-bit version.

someone knows where to find bernafon oasis

Its here, dowload while you can

Most of the links are now dead. I managed to get 4 of them a coulple of weeks ago

Did not find Oasis on the thread mentioned above.

I, too, would like to get a copy of Oasis 10.?. Ed

Try over Here.

I don’t see any access for downloading Oasis 10.1 even if you do create an account. Maybe they hide it like Unitron hides U:Fit.

Here’s how we ended up. These are exact prices including shipping. The links below will break over time due to source archival.

Oticon Epoq XW hearing aids + Streamer, $2165

USB Hi-Pro + programming cables and boots, S$960 / $716 USD

Fitting software, Free

Total price for self-programmable top-of-the-line equipment, $2881

Not having to pay some hustler $6000-$7000, Priceless!

Unitron isn’t hiding U:fit. At least, not very well :stuck_out_tongue:
Does anyone offer a link for Oasis in exchange for a link for U:fit? :smiley:

I think maybe you mean Unifitand not U:Fit??

unfit lol.

Pvc. Did you win that hearing aid on ebay? When do you get it?

click the links in the post CMB
unifit not unfit, LOL

I think I know better what I mean. Unifit is the “ancient” software from Unitron. I think it stopped for good in 2007 at version 5.51
U:fit is the new one, current version is 2.1.1, as far as I know.

Anyway, there are working links for U:fit, I will provide one in exchange for an Oasis 10.1 working link.

Ah, unifit not unfit my mistake hehe.

Poor starkey, this thread took off in many different directions yet with the same title “dont buy starkey”

I don’t know of any downloads for Oasis. If I did I would give it to you.

I found downloads for U:Fit (these). But that’s not the U:Fit fitting software.

I guess it will remain your secret, eh?

It is not my secret, but I won’t make it public : most likely, Unitron will deactivate the link right away, if it becomes public. Since you are not wearing Unitron aids, you don’t need U:fit, anyway.

I know about the deactivation problems. :wink: I just needed to get a sense of what we are talking about. Up until now I have been saying that this was successfully hidden. According to your recent disclosure, that was mis-information wouldn’t you agree?

You say they are not hiding it. That seems like mis-information to me. I know about searching.

As a small group of information-needy self-programmers we should learn better ways of talking to each other without spreading mis-information.