Searching for fitting software

What connectors are working for USB to Serial ?

I have Win7 64bit and not having any luck connecting.

Assuming you are trying to hook up to a serial Hi Pro, I recommend one using the FTDI chip. I got mine at Parallax, but they are widely available from a variety of manufacturers.

Then you need the serial cable that came with the HiPro because they use the opposite gender than one would expect for a device that hooks to a PC. I donā€™t know if it just a gender changing cable or a null modem cable or what.

Has anyone had luck in obtaining Bernafon Oasis softwarE?

I finally made a decision to go ahead and get a new pair of the HAs. They will be Siemens Pure 7mi.
Due to all the wasted time with my Audi and my current living situation, Iā€™m not willing nor have time to go to Audis any longer so Iā€™ll be getting a programmer to do the fitting myself. I already found the place to get the aids and a programmer so looking for the Connexx Software.

I was told Iā€™ll need the most recent version of Connexx 6.5.x AND Connexx 7 (required for new Micon line). If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

I currently have the Micon Ace 5mi. Iā€™m also very interested in having my own programing set up. Where did you find the programing hardware?

eBay. But Iā€™m not buying anything unless I find the software first. :frowning:

You might try Phillip at ā€œbidbybidā€ of eBay fame - I believe he sells Siemens aids and usually can help you get setup with self programming as well. Check my posting in the DIY section - I went the Phonak route. I agree that the right way to go about this is to get the software first - the other bits a more accessable.

Thanks platypus!

Where are the specs for the HiPro serial cable? Cannot connect and maybe that is the problem. Using the FTDI chip and drivers but it doesnt light up the PC tx rx or will not recognize the box. Tried all comm ports 1 to 4.

It needs to be a null modem cable.

It would be nice if the people that have the software would contact those looking. How else are we to spread the joy around?

I found my problem. Make sure you are using a null modem f/f cable. I found that the one I had just purchased was a straight not a null. The old serial HiPro is working like a champ.

Thanks to all.

Iā€™m happy to oblige when I can. Although all the ones I have were downloaded for free off the internet.

Phonak Target 3.0
Oticon Genie 2013.1
ReSound Aventa 3.4
Sonic Innovations ExpressFit V2012.1

2 kinds of HiPro:
old one, bigger, has a serial output, like that computer in your attic. Can be used with a cable which changes to USB, with most new PCs;

newer one, smaller, uses USB to connect to the PC

there are knock offs from China, not sure how to tell, some say they work OK.

ADVICE to those thinking of buying used: DO IT!
Unless you live in a small town, and few do, you WILL be able to get an Audi or Fitter to adjust your new aid, given to you by your daughter, to fit you. Never say ā€œebayā€.

Worst case: lovejoy is wrong, you lose a bit.

likely case: you get a very good aid or two for < $1000.

What do you think?

Iā€™ve found multiple people ready to adjust used aids, with price from $1600 (at U of California, San Francisco) to $85 (from a guy who sells online, and repairs aids).

This is NOT always rocket science. If you grit your teeth, you WILL (i hope) be able to get a good improvement in hearing.

comments urgently requested

elijah

a good repair service which will ADJUST your aids to your audiogram: hearingguy1@gmail.com he charged me $35 per ear and did a very nice job. Don Krieger is in Minnesota, the capital of hearing aids in the USA. You need to send him your audiogram.

Hi, anybody can send me a PM with info to obtain the sifit database that i need to selfprograming my siemens hearing aids?

I would be very apreciated :slight_smile:

I am also interested in SW to program Siemens Pure 7ml.
I am in the need of HAā€™s but with the high prices, want to be able to adjust my own. If I canā€™t get the Siemensā€™ SW, then I will have to look at other brands with SW available to self adjust. I tried my brotherā€™s Siemens out (we have nearly identical hearing loss) and they worked great, so they are my first choice.
Any help would be appreciated. I donā€™t think I have enough posts for a PM, but have settings set so anyone can email me.

Hi,
I managed to download the Aventa 3.5 software from Resound, but it requires a zip password I do not have.
Any help from the HA forum?

Regards,
Ton

Looking for the unitron software download. the upper post did not respond.