Searching for fitting software

That’s my point. I like the idea of a 5 year warranty.

— Updated —

That’s my point. I like the idea of a 5 year warranty.

Well let’s take a real-life/real-time example without the warranty…

I have an Oticon Chili SP5 that I purchased used as a single hearing aid (HA) for approximately $200. I paired this with another Oticon Chili SP5 that I purchased as a single used HA for approximately $300. So I paid about $500 for the pair.

Now the $200 HA is in need of repair. It was profusely sweated upon, and now when you turn it on it plays the start-up tunes for a few seconds and then shuts down.

I took it to a local audi who said it’s an internal problem and has to go back to the factory. I don’t want to send it back to the factory/Oticon. That would cost a minimum of $300.

So today I have packaged it up and sent it out to a repair lab. I use EarMax Lab which I have used before to repair my wife’s HAs. It will cost $100 for repair plus $6 return shipping. The Lab is closed for vacation for the first half of November so I probably won’t know the results until the end of this month.

I will let you know if the repair goes well. If yes then my preference is to pay $100 for repair rather than pay thousands for a warranty. But that’s just me. Maybe you prefer the comfort of a warranty.

The hearing aid was returned to me from the Lab along with my check. It is unrepairable due to defective DSP processor. Now I will be looking to buy another, or get this repaired at the factory/Oticon.

Getting a bought-as-used hearing aid (HA) repaired at the Oticon factory is not exactly straightforward…

First the HA must be registered in your name with Oticon. For that to happen, your local Audi submits a form (along with the repair) requesting the device be re-furbished for fitting as a used product. Then it can be repaired at the factory. After repair your local Audi will want to re-program the HA for you. You may be able to negotiate with your Audi to skip this step if you plan to do your own re-programming, otherwise plan for additional $$ to re-programming the HA. An estimate from my local Audi was $389 for factory repair. That’s more than I paid so I will be looking to buy another used HA.

Bernafon’s Oasis v20 is available for download on their website: http://www.bernafon.nl/Professionals/FittingSoftware/NavigationAbstraction/Prof_Oasis_Download.aspx

Okay, here’s an update on this real-life/real-time example of owning hearing aids without benefit of a warranty. I bought another Oticon Chili for $320. This one is a Chili SP9 which has many more features than the SP5. We cant use some of the extra features (at this point in time) because it will be paired with a Chili SP5. In the future we may get another SP9 and sell the SP5. Or we may get another SP5 and sell the SP9.

Back to my basic point… I prefer to spend $320 for a replacement hearing aid instead of spending thousands for a warranty.

Yep got another SP9 for a pair of SP9s and will sell the single SP5.

Seems like Widex has now put their software behind a login.

New version Oticon Genie 2015.1 fitting software available to support the new Alta2/Alta2pro, Nera2/Nera2pro, Ria2/Ria2pro and various tinnitus devices introduced by Oticon in the first half of 2015.

If you need this new version (you likely don’t need it) then Genie Updater can take you from Genie 2014.2 to Genie 2015.1.

Genie Updater is in your Windows system tray. It runs every time you start your computer. Unless you got paranoid and uninstalled Genie Updater via Start/Control Panel/Programs and Features (highlighted Genie updater then clicked Uninstall).

If you did uninstall Genie Updater and you no longer have it, then you can re-install Genie 2014.2 and choose to install just the Genie Updater tool.

Here’s a link to an overview of…
>> New features and updates in Genie 2015.1 <<

My trouble living in small town, no local will touch anything but brand they sell. Had 2007 Sienems Intuis Dir. Now have Siemens Intuis Dir Sp Pro 4 chanel, only 1 channel working. no one to reprogram. I would like to DIY. Cannot find what I need: software, hardware, cables , etc. Can you help?
Audio done by HNT

—250—500----1k----2k----4k—8k
L.-60— 60---- 50----60----55—75 / PTA 57 dB / SRT 65 dB / 44% 95 dB

R.-50—55----65-----65— 75—80 / PTA 62 dB / SRT 65 dB / 48% 95 dB
Live voice List used NU-6 A&B

hello,

i´m sti from germany. i´m actually using my “old” aids gn resound air again, cause my newer unitron moxi don´t fit even they were programmed by “profensionals” several times…

unfortunatally the resounds are sometimes not loud enough and theres no possibility to set the volume up like the moxi allows to.

to help my self i baught an icube but without the unitron truefit software i´m not able to adjust my moxi aids.

i´d be very glad if someone here could help me and tell me a link to download truefit. the links in the older posts of this thread are dead.

thanks and greets
sti

i´m “truefited” - :slight_smile:

Hi,

At this moment I have Phonak Audeo S hearing aids which I programmed my self and experienced I did a better job then my audie. Music is much better and increased volume without distortion.
In a few few weeks I get new hearing aids which will probably be the Widex Unique.
Before I decide to buy them I want to get the software and hardware so I will also able to adjust them.

So far I had no luck finding a download link for the Widex Compass GPS software.
I hope someone can help me with it.

Kind regards, Chris

Hi, im looking to program a HA for my dad. I am savvy enough to learn but it seems impossible to find software to even start. My main question is: do the wireless i110/i90 starkey aids need a cable or can they be programmed wirelessly?

I have the America hears aids w/ programmer. I now need new aids. Can the AH programmer/leads be used with any other HA’s?

TIA!

Bill

No,
You will need the wired or wireless connection fitting your specific type of HAs and have brand specific programming software.

Connexx 8 download to use with Siemens pure and binax aids.

http://www.filedropper.com/siemensconnexx8fittingsoftware

Will require a HiPro setup or the ConnexLink interface.

So, Bill. Did you find out any way to use AmericaHears programmer/cables with other HAs? (such as Oticon)

Hi,

I am looking for a guide to self programming aids. I have looked everywhere. I have oticon dynamo from the NHS here and I want to self program it as I cant , and dont have the time to keep going back and forth.

I can download the oticon genie software from their website but before I do so,

1. Do I need a password?
  2. Where can I buy the hardware equipment (I think its a neck piece which is wireless and called FittingLink)

Many thanks for any advice

Does anyone know the file password for the latest REsound Aventa software download file so I don’t have to call them this weekend? :wink:
Or possibly access to the software without password?

Can someone pm it to me?