Oticon Genie 2019.1? or 2020.1 (combined) Software Download

Wow! Thanks for that tip!

Showed the Streamer is a Pro with all functions enabled.Need to spend some time with docs!

Found the excellent guide for my original question re reliable sources for equipment!

Thanks. It installed and works well!

Thanks for the references re connections and cables. You have a massive contribution to this Forum!

Unfortunately, the paper on cable detail and wiring (appeals to my electronics background and curiosity!) is missing the pixs. But it appears both the Chili and Dynamo aids require the Oticon Programming module(399-50-530-08 which I can not find.

Is there a work around?

Yeah…appreciate the truth of “…your hearing aids may be too old…” :slight_smile:

They are sitting in various desk drawers at various locations. I sold mine;

Yes and no, if you insist on HiPro then no, if you use the FittingLINK then yes.

Oticon FittingLINK might work? Though, not much precedent to go by?

ETA: I believe the technology required is low power nEARlink wireless technology and Dynamo may have that. But I don’t think Chili has the technology.

Yeah I did notice that, although I’m pretty sure anything that can connect and use the Streamer Pro can use the FittingLINK.

Thanks for the pix. Is this an active device or simply a “wiring adapter.”

If the later, are the wired Hi-Pro devices USB-to-Serial converters that run low kilobit speeds?

The pictures are of an Oticon Chili connected to the Oticon Programming module(399-50-530-08) boot/shoe, and then connected to a standard CS44 cable. The Chili has tiny external contact points on the back end (similar to this image) and the boot links those contact points to the CS44 cable. So it’s a simple wire-to-wire connection. I don’t know how to classify Hi Pro devices?

How about “gremlin”
But seriously they can be such a PITA at times.

Well, just found a pair of the Oticon programming adapters for $50 each. Cables $50 pair. Hi-Pro $250. Even a FittingLINK WP2 $100

Hmmm…$400-$500 for what appears to be obsolete tech?

Yep, that’s the dilemma with old stuff. The hearing loss I used to fit with Oticon Chili in the past, works just as well or better with Oticon miniFit 100 receivers.

We’ll some audiologist clinics charge this just to redo a fitting if you didn’t buy the HAs from them.

That’s pretty cheap really,sure you may only use it the once but at least you get to sort your issue out.

Could be time to upgrade to later models of HAs that use the Noahlink wireless, this way at least you’ll have a much bigger choice of HAs to choose from.

Well YMMV!! and we don’t know what hearing loss you are fitting. But if you have the ability to sell on EBay you could also sell the older HAs.

Thanks to @tenkan and you for the assistance. I’ve entered Mom’s last hearing report. Believe she has had eardrums and all bones removed from both ears.

Considering purchasing Oticon Xceed UP HAs used for less than $1000 a pair. New for only $200 more. Simpler arrangement programatically? Better HA’s?

Not optimistic that it make a huge difference given Mom’s chart. But even a small improvement is precious at this moment. Mom has been plagued with earmold feedback issues because of many surgeries in both ears. Uses SillyPutty to seal them against squeal: never completely successful. Wonder whether the Xceed marketing hype re feedback control features work out in practice.

BTW, I value and appreciate dearly Mom’s retired audiologist. Her product knowledge was amazing across the brands of HAs supported. Also was tireless in her efforts to improve Mom’s life through her HAs. She earned every penny of a Chili and a Dynamo sale over the years. Always, turned down offers to pay long after it was due…if you know what I mean.

Kinda like you and @tenkan helping folks like me on this board!

1 Like

@steveW

I’m not an audiologist but your Mom may like the Xceed UP better as they look to cover more of her hearing loss then the Dynamos a the bottom of the chart. It seems they cover another 10 dB from 110 dB with the Dynamos to 120 dB with the Xceed UP.

Oticon Xceed UP fitting range.

Thank you.

Currently am reviewing requirements to properly program the Xceed and having some doubts about DIY!

What are your concerns? Maybe we could help?

I am interested in DIY in hearing aid programming because of all the years with Mom’s needs and now, I too have hearing issues which will soon require some assistance. Frankly, it seems that the fitting process is becoming disrupted by vendors selling directly to users. Would like to explore this aspect personally.

For Mom, we have developed work arounds with a special Pixel phone I have set up in kiosk mode with a speech-to-text app. It works extremely well for doctor’s appointments and critical conversations with med techs. BUT she is losing the associative comprehension edge that comes from hearing aids and lip reading. When she has to view a screen and the speaker is quick…stressful.

Given her most recent chart, not sure whether the new technology is real and helpful for her loss. As mentioned previously, her audiologist retired and the group that purchased the practice felt they could not do anything to improve her hearing even with new tech.

With assistance here, have been able to set up the Oticon software and reprogram her streamer to work properly but not sure whether the investment in the gear to program her Chili’s or Dynamo’s is well spent.