Oticon Genie 2019.1? or 2020.1 (combined) Software Download

Have been unable to locate a download for the last legacy Genie fitting software. We have Dynamo as daily drivers and Chili as backups. Have 2013.2 which includes Chili but is missing the Dynamo.

Have checked all the links in the DIY section and have been unable to locate a good link for the last legacy Genie version which contains Dynamo.

Does anyone have a download source to help?

Thanks.

Have you tried the Genie Updater in your Windows (Sys Tray, bottom right of your Taskbar)?

ETA: After version 2020.1 and starting with version 2020.2, Genie for older/Legacy hearing aids was decoupled from Genie2 for newer/current hearing aids. So the later versions have only Genie2 and not Genie.

But that should not affect you because you already have Genie for older/Legacy. You should only need to update your version of Genie. When you update it enough it will also add Genie2 which you may not want right now. But it may be useful in the future.

As mentioned the Downloader can not find an update to 2013.2. Not sure why. Perhaps, they will not serve updates to “promiscuous” software?

Have not yet purchased equipment but have perused the DIY references and links extensively. It appears that at minimum need a mini HiPro with cables for configuration and firmware. Most Ebay listings seem to be overseas but a few used units available. Would like to learn more before purchasing but am pressed for time to resolve a configuration issue with her Streamer.

So seems to me you need 2015.2 or even 2017.1
versions of genie, as I’m pretty certain later versions have backwards compatibility for legacy models.

Yes and the correct cables and shoes, wireless could get around this (Fitting Link) but problematic for firmware updates.

That a very good idea, use the search button from right here on hearingtracker to help you along.

What issue are you having?

Manual is here.

https://tinyurl.com/yckbfddp

I sent you a PM about the 2019.1 version with both Genie and Genie2.

The Streamer Pro 1.3 worked perfectly with her older Chili HAs. But did not work on TV Connectline with the Dynamos even after reprogramming by her now-retired audiologist.

The Dynamos work fine with her cell phone but not TV Connectline. It appears to handshake as all the lights are correct but no audio at all. Suspected the TV audio configuration but everything there is OK.

Left with configuration issues with Streamer or Connectline or possibly the HA? Thus the need to examine what is going on between the HAs and Connectline.

Ok well you could try just plugging the streamer pro directly to the USB port on your PC and have a look at the settings within Genie, of course it would be better to have your HAs connected at the same time, that link for the manual for the streamer pro mentions certain things have to set up by your audiologist as well, but you could at least see if the streamer pro has a firmware update as well.

Wow! Thanks for that tip!

Showed the Streamer is a Pro with all functions enabled.Need to spend some time with docs!

Found the excellent guide for my original question re reliable sources for equipment!

Thanks. It installed and works well!

Thanks for the references re connections and cables. You have a massive contribution to this Forum!

Unfortunately, the paper on cable detail and wiring (appeals to my electronics background and curiosity!) is missing the pixs. But it appears both the Chili and Dynamo aids require the Oticon Programming module(399-50-530-08 which I can not find.

Is there a work around?

Yeah…appreciate the truth of “…your hearing aids may be too old…” :slight_smile:

They are sitting in various desk drawers at various locations. I sold mine;

Yes and no, if you insist on HiPro then no, if you use the FittingLINK then yes.

Oticon FittingLINK might work? Though, not much precedent to go by?

ETA: I believe the technology required is low power nEARlink wireless technology and Dynamo may have that. But I don’t think Chili has the technology.

Yeah I did notice that, although I’m pretty sure anything that can connect and use the Streamer Pro can use the FittingLINK.

Thanks for the pix. Is this an active device or simply a “wiring adapter.”

If the later, are the wired Hi-Pro devices USB-to-Serial converters that run low kilobit speeds?

The pictures are of an Oticon Chili connected to the Oticon Programming module(399-50-530-08) boot/shoe, and then connected to a standard CS44 cable. The Chili has tiny external contact points on the back end (similar to this image) and the boot links those contact points to the CS44 cable. So it’s a simple wire-to-wire connection. I don’t know how to classify Hi Pro devices?

How about “gremlin”
But seriously they can be such a PITA at times.

Well, just found a pair of the Oticon programming adapters for $50 each. Cables $50 pair. Hi-Pro $250. Even a FittingLINK WP2 $100

Hmmm…$400-$500 for what appears to be obsolete tech?