Roger Select iN and Roger ON iN

@Mike59

Did you get the Roger On?

Hope you didn’t spring for a Roger On iN as you already have the receivers / licenses in your hearing aids.

A normal Roger On will now work for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice about the 03 receivers @Zebras This was also confirmed by FM Hearing No, I haven’t decided yet. I need to think whether the extra benefit over my Select will be worth the additional £600 or so. Much cheaper that the iN, but still quite expensive!
Thanks again.

@Mike59

I’ve tried both the Select and On and in my opinion, it’s only the pointing mode on the On and the App which makes them any difference. The lanyard mode and table mode, I feel sound exactly the same.

Just a side note tho, I’ve got the Phonak Partner Mic and that works well when you point it at a person.

2 Likes

I do like the roger select and I do like the roger on, but which one is better? :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, and this is the issue … Select is fine (well, as good as it can be with my loss), but it’s the ‘party’ situation that I struggle with. Standing around in a group of a lot of people where a Select wouldn’t work. But whether I have the confidence to carry a ‘ON’ in that situation and point it at people when they speak is another matter! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Mike59

Maybe try the Partner Mic?

I bought mine for £70 with 2022 serial number on eBay.

Would that be any good in a group of people standing around in a ‘party’ situation? Moving from group to group?

Yes @Mike59 I’ve tried it. It’s also smaller so harder to see.

If you’re sat down, I would use the Select but if you’re stood up, I think the Partner Mic works well when pointing.

1 Like

Thank you @Zebras :blush: I might give that a go, then.

1 Like

@Mike59

If you do buy second hand, have a look on eBay. They are super cheap.

1 Like

Sorry, one last question … does the Partner Mic connect directly to the aids (my Marvels)? Like the Select?

@Mike59

It works without any thing else, it connects directly to hearing aids. It works with the same technology as the TV Connector.

2 Likes

I’ve got myself a (new) Partner Mic to try (Thanks, @Zebras). There were no secondhand ones on Ebay. I’ve set it up with same fine tuning and programme options as my Select iN in Target, as I like that sound and it will be good to compare. Not had a chance to try it out properly yet, but will report back. PS. It was £265 as I could avoid the VAT.

2 Likes

@Mike59

This seller sends it to a place in the UK and then gets a new label Royal Mail 48 to send to your address. Never had to pay for taxes etc.

He’s a really good seller for other things.

Hope you like the Partner Mic.

1 Like

Thanks, @Zebras . Initial tests are encouraging! Can I ask … what sort of battery life do you get in continuous use? Thanks. Mike.

@Mike59

I got 6 1/2 hours of using it all day the first time I used it after being fully charged properly.

Haven’t used it all day since tho.

2 Likes

HI Zebras, I’ve been doing alot of scrolling and want to confirm what I think my position is: My work bought me a Roger ON to help me in my classroom. I have Paradise Pro 90 audeo. It seems I am going to have to pay an audiologist to connect the Roger On to my hearing aid because they did not order me a ROger On IN. Is that correct? Would it be worth asking my employee to reorder or deal with what I have. thanks in advance

The only way it’ll work is the get a Roger On iN or 2 x Roger X receivers which cost around $350 to $600 each and use a Roger Installer.

This is a Roger Installer.
This little machine.

Plus Lumity now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Returned Roger ON for IN . Easy setup! Only problem is the unnatural sound. My voice way loud and hollow. Working on some changes in Target. Lowered G80 and lows , made it better but now distant speech is compromised which is why I need them in the classroom. Thoughts appreciated.

(I know this is an 8 month old post and you probably know the answer by now.)

In my experience (I have the Roger Select, Roger On and PartnerMic) you can go back and forth between them. But it takes a little setting up and then some coordination.

The PartnerMic is independent of the Select and On. It will connect as a “program” choice in the myPhonak App program choices (once paired to the HAs in the usual manner).

The Select and the On first need to be “paired” to your license carrying HAs one at a time. Then the Select and the On must be paired to each other in a similar manner. Now, in the myPhonak app select “Roger…” One of the Select or the On devices will be on “mute” the other will be active (the inactive device will be “blocked” and the Roger will show this on its display. The Select will just show the red mute light when blocked. To use the other one instead, first “mute” the active device, then unmute the one you want to use. In this way, you can go back and forth between the Select and the On.

I think this is pretty cool and the best way this could work without both working at the same time and competing with each other. I appreciate having both devices because I use the Select in my home as a listening device in a specific location (always connected to power and on) whereas the Roger On I carry when I travel away from home (e.g. restaurants, meetings, etc.)

3 Likes