Roger ON iN mic issue

Any chance the names are mixed up left for right?

WH

I could sure see that being the case. Itā€™d all be in the Target software at my audiā€™s.

We had our pants ON FIRE the last visit. I had issues with one of the rechargeables, wanted to make changes in the Roger software, but mainly get rid of the persistent howling, whining, zinging and NOISE that was in ALL 3 pairsā€™ right aids only. ALL 3 had this same issue.

We got on the phone with Phonak tech, and the gal said it was likely my Target file had been corrupted somehow, leading to the same issues in all aids. She recommended that an entirely new profile be created from ground zero for the 312s. I was to test that out to see if the dedicated programs and frequency settings were okay AND the right aid noise issue was eliminated.

Happy to say YES! I no longer have that day-long noise issue with the right aid. But in our hurry to get me out the door and the next patient in, Iā€™m not sure my new profile was bug-free. I want to get back in to resolve that, then copy/paste this brand new profile into my 2 pairs of rechargeables. THEN Iā€™ll smash them with a ballpeen hammer. I am so frustrated with this cluster-puck of Phonak stuff.

Iā€™m confident that Iā€™ll get down to JUST my 312s working great and streaming fine. But it would be good to also get all my other Phonak ā€œinvestmentsā€ working before they go in the mothballs. I canā€™t even sell the stuff till Iā€™m convinced everything works.

Iā€™m recalling from an earlier post of mine HERE that Iā€™d said:

FOOTNOTE: Weirdly, as the audi was UN-installing the Roger from one pair of my rechargeables (had to remove license from EACH aid separately!), I giggled and said, ā€œWhile youā€™re doing that, Iā€™m actually ROGERING with the mic there!ā€ I donā€™t know if this is a scam, a game, or a joke, but maybe I never had to go through all these steps? The minute I put my 312 Phonaks in, they were capable of streaming audio from either Roger mic. Now maybe thatā€™s cuz the program/settings were copy/pasted over from my rechargeable. But ā€¦ what if we could have limitless pairs of aids on a single Roger ON iN mic!!! Would that be hilarious to make audis and users go through all those steps for nuthinā€™? :thinking:

Roger on brochure

It says no limit to the number of receivers that can be connected. Physics will be the real limit ā€” how many people can you pack into the range of the mic. You can network up to 10 mics together so that could be a huge number.

WH

The brochure also says:

Roger installation
Roger On iN contains two Roger receivers that can be installed into a pair (two) of hearing devices with RogerDirect.

So that has been my conundrum. I want those Roger mics cross-licensed with 2 pairs (4 aids). It was accomplished by the Phonak rep last fall, but it sure isnā€™t working that way of late.

You can use Roger upgrader SW to get the license count back to Two. Not sure how many times, I wonder if it isnā€™t unlimited but three times was mentioned here at one point also. IIRC @Zebras brought it to our attention. If youā€™d known that a while back, you could have bought just one mic and put licenses in all your aids.

WH

1 Like

@1Bluejay ,Iā€™ve found that some of the weird things that happened work after a reboot of the phone eg. the app wouldnā€™t respond to touch. Iā€™m android.
The licence information wouldnā€™t display until reboot.

1 Like

You donā€™t use the App to make calls. Minimise the app, and just make a call, from your phoneā€™s call menu.

Peter

1 Like

I am also on Android. Good advice!

Hm! Interesting, cuz my new ā€œbackupā€ aids will be the old Marvels. Iā€™ll keep that in mind. I plan to only have my new 312 Lumity Lifes dedicated in myPhonak app for now.

1 Like

I think I might have inadvertently DONE just that! No idea how, why, but after many MANY hours of trying to press the pin, xfer the license, I finally got one on each of my new 312 aids. It actually shows in myPhonak that both RIGHT and LEFT 312 has an 03 Roger license.

GO FIGURE!

I told @1Bluejay just before she got the second Roger On via Private Messaging but she wanted to get the second Mic as that is what the Phonak Rep said to do.

2 Likes

Is this the Upgrader you were referring to? I downloaded a ā€œfreeā€ zip drive and now have the files & .exe if I want to go BOLDLY forth.

If so, my stoopid question for the day is: some of these files have Microsoft location, but I have a MacBook Pro. Wonder if the .exe would know where to put all the files.

In any case Iā€™m going to make my life really SIMPLE. Iā€™m going to have a single Roger mic dedicated to my new Pink 312s and the other (redundant) Roger mic dedicated to just one pair of rechargeables. Itā€™s been a hair-rending nightmare to sort out all the Roger license stuff among THREE pairs of aids - one (rechargeable) which is not even working at all.
:grimacing:

1 Like

It is what we were talking about, but it is an x86 windows program. It upgraded the firmware in my Roger, but mine is not an ā€œinā€ version, so no free licenses for me. My aids came with licenses before we ever talked about mics or other accessories.

WH

1 Like

Both of my Roger mics are ON iN V2. So maybe thatā€™s why Phonak was so greedy in demanding I PAY a ransom for each?

You saw my comment above about my audi removing ONE set of licenses from my old rechargeable in order to (legitimately) xfer them onto the new 312s? Yeah, I was giggling cuz the new 312s were ALREADY streaming on that very Roger On iN mic! How thatā€™s possible? Dunno!

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna ask for a v2 with my new aids this fall.

Hope they make the new ones come out in oct so theyā€™re on the contract in nov. It would be disappointing to have to wait until May to get new gear.

WH

1 Like

Iā€™ve just paired one Roger Table Mic II iN, to all three sets of HAs (Bolero Marvel M70, Audeo Paradise P90 Naida P30). It connects (without having to re-pair) to which ever pair Iā€™m using. Works very well. I only have to re-pair if Iā€™ve paired with another Roger device.

In fact, as an experiment, Iā€™ve just paired my Roger On (v1) to all 3 sets of aids. As long as I switch the current pair off, before switching on the next pair, it will connect. This process lost all the Table Mic II pairings, which Iā€™ve just re-instated.

So, each Roger device can retain at least 3 pairings, whereas each HA pair, can only retain 1 pairing at a time. Iā€™ve decided to put my Roger On and Roger Select into storageā€¦ as spares.

On another note, Roger Upgrader v1.28 works just fine for replenishing Roger Licenses in the Table Mic II iN.

As a conclusion, it appears Phonak Reps either donā€™t understand their products, or deliberately give bad advise, shame on both counts.

Peter

3 Likes

Peter, I am confused. I have a couple of Roger On iNā€™s and a couple of Roger Table Mic IIā€™s and formally had a select. I can ā€œconnectā€ any of them to either my L90s or P90s just by pressing the connect button and holding it up to my aids for 10 or 15 seconds. Why would you put your Roger On into storage? The Roger On has so much more functionally with the pointing and presenting modes and is just as good as the Table Mic in table mode unless you want to connect more than one together. I can understand not using the Select because it does essentially the same thing as the Table Mic or the Roger On in table mode.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this is true. It seems true only if you really believe some of the claims that have recently been made here. I believe, given the source, that those reports are misunderstanding of what actually happened. It certainly is the case that there are some bozo audiologists out there but the Phonak reps are generally well informed and trained.

1 Like

@raylock1
Hi. I took the (new to me) Table Mic to a busy pub yesterday. I just found the way it dealt with speech and echo, surpassed the Roger On, and by a fair bit. On Monday, Iā€™ve got a meeting followed by a Quiz Night, I shall try it at both.

Regarding the On, Iā€™ve not had much success with Pointer mode, maybe because the speaker has been 4-5 metres away. Table mode always worked better, for me.

My point, really, is that you certainly donā€™t need a separate Roger device for each set of Hearing Aids.

Peter

1 Like