Resound Smart Fit Software Download

Silly me. I stared in frustration as my version was 1.15 which is less than 1.8, oh… wait…this isn’t math class…oh, yes version 1.15 is newer than 1.8 :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I have HA’s from Listen Lively, which I think are made by Resound. Will this software allow me to make adjustemnts? If so, how do I get to the download?

Sorry, I was in a hurry. You will need to have use of a hearing aid programming device in order to try it.
Also, (though I don’t know for sure) I believe that Listen Lively hearing aids will likely be locked.
Rebranded hearing aids tend to be locked.

Here’s an excerpt from a DIY School PDF file named
(02 How to Program Your Hearing Aids)

A closer look at Listen Lively hearing aids shows that they look more like Widex hearing aids instead of ReSound hearing aids. So ReSound SmartFit is probably the wrong fitting software. You would probably need Widex Compass GPS fitting software (if they were unlocked) and I doubt they are unlocked. That would be foolish of the manufacturer.

c3

Actually Lively aids are GN Resound. If you Google Lively and Resound then you will see the story.

There was a thread in the Hearing Aids room recently about Lively incidentally.

Okay, Yes I see (one of three) Lively models is from GN Resound/Beltone. One from Widex and the third from who knows? I think they are all locked.

I don’t want to get into an argument, but all three current Lively models are made by Resound. You can see easily just by reading the user manuals for the three on the Lively website. They are full of Resound terminology for the different features and mention all the Resound accessories for example.

Also Lively is actually owned by GN Resound now. If you read the company history on their website, it says it was set up to sell GN Resound aids and became part of Resound more recently.

Obviously I can’t say they never sold another brand, although that seems rather unlikely. But the current three products are definitely Resound.

Okay, I will take your word for that. I don’t look closely at rebranded hearing aids because I assume they are locked.

I’m just saying that this picture of a hearing aid (with “Lively” written on the side of the case) looks like a Widex hearing aid and not a ReSound hearing aid.

ETA: ReSound models;

It certainly doesn’t look like any Resound aid I recall and I’ve had many of them myself!

But Resound often repackage their aids into different housings when they are rebranding them. I am thinking of Amplifon which in the UK at least sells rebranded Resound aids and their Amplifon On, which is a rebranded Resound One, looks nothing like a Resound One for example.

Anyway you can see the range and read the user manuals at this link. Note the app they use is Resound too. And I think the one you have a photo of is the current middle spec (but still Resound!).

Actually there is more information right here on HearingTracker…

Yep, I concede these are likely all ReSound hearing aids that just happen to look like Widex. But if they are locked, then it really doesn’t matter much.

1 Like

In SmartFit, the Resound One will auto populate to the One aid. You don’t need to select, it will “find” and lable your aid correctly

1 Like

Yes, But I was simply trying to say that SmartFit has three pieces/modules.

1. SmartLauncher
  2. Aventa3 for older/Legacy hearing aids
  3. SmartFit for newer/current hearing aids

Many people get confused about which module there are currently using.

Okay to be more precise, when you select a specific hearing aid model, or when you connect to whatever hearing aid model you are programming, then the SmartLauncher module will send you to either the Aventa3 module, or the SmartFit module.

1 Like

Having just discovered this thread I’m very eager to try this software (SmartFit) for my Resound ones, is it possible to have a link please?

Hi can somebody send me the download link,

Tanks in advance

Don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well for DIY.

I’m a new ReSound One 9 user, trying to set up Resound FastFit on my computer. It will not run, opening as far as the Splash screen, then shutting down. My computer is MORE than powerful enough (i9, 32g,) but it just will not run. I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, tried an earlier version (didn’t run) tried updating the earlier version. Nothing!
I have successfully installed it on my laptop. No problem at all. But it just won’t run on my desktop computer. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Another thing is that if you run the package downloaded from the Resound site, then it will install any windows modules it needs before it installs the SmartFit.exe etc files. You do need to be running Windows 7 with SP2 as a minimum and preferably Windows 10. (I don’t think Windows 8 is supported by Resound any more.)

Did you get the SmartFit shortcut on your desktop, you just right click this to open the software, if you didn’t then something went wrong with the install, where did you get your copy of SmartFit, directly from the server or somewhere else?

Thanks for the replies, folks. I’m running:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i9 @ 2.80GHz
32.0GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX

I have tried installing Resound SmartFit from two different downloads, one from the link found here in Hearing Tracker and one directly from my audiologist. Both state the installation was complete, and neither called for any other installations. (Installing on my laptop did require I add in one of the Microsoft Net frameworks, and runs correctly from the shortcut on the desktop. My problem is getting it to run on my desktop computer.)
The shortcut link does show up on my desktop. I can double click on it and it will start the splash screen, then turn itself off. I can right-click on it and run as administrator, but the result is the same; it opens to the splash screen, then just shuts itself off.
I’ve tried uninstalling a few times, removing all traces from the registry, re-installing two different downloaded versions (both work on my laptop,) tried installing a previous version and updating it, tried running the program from inside the folder without using the shortcut link, tried running both executable files (SmartFit.exe or SmartFitSA.exe ) with the same result… only goes as far as the splash screen, then turns itself off.
This is really maddening!
I appreciate any suggestions you folks can make. I hate it when a computer insists on doing what IT wants to instead of what I want it to do!
Thanks again!

Wow it seems you’ve done just about everything, it’s not making sense at all, I mean there’s nothing special about this, something is blocking it, could it be some antivirus software? Honestly it should just run, got to be something simple we are overlooking here!

I’d try this link which has worked every time I’ve used it on many different PC.

1 Like

Here’s a link to the requirements. But you seem to surpass any requirements?