Resound Quattro and spectacle frame contact noise

Since I started using my Resound Linx Quattro HAs before Xmas 2020, I’ve had a problem with noise from my BTE HAs from being in contact with my spectacle frame. This occurs only when chewing makes them the spectacles move slightly. Even people on the opposite side of the table can hear the scratching noise coming from the HAs.

Turning wind noise cancelling on mostly fixes the problem, but I feel it affects the sound quality.

Has anyone here experienced the same and found a better solution to the problem?

Thanks for your time!
Stein

I sent my glasses off to get the arms cut a lot shorter because the hearing aids used to squeak against it! I also went for glasses that has thinner arms. Are your glasses arms thicker / too long?

There are little hearing aid booties called Ear Gear. They go over the HA bodies and the microphones can still pick up sound through the booties. They are supposed to help protect the HA from wind noise and sweat. Using them might reduce rubbing sounds between HA bodies and the temples of your glasses.

I take the plastic off the temples. I buy glasses from zennis and make sure they are thin.

1 Like

Tanks a lot to all of you.
I see I’ll have to experiment a bit. Looking forward to test your ideas!

Stein

1 Like

post your audiogram, this way we can identify what freq that is causing this. i’m guessing high freqency is causing this…