Resound ONE cannot connect to Smart Fit

Sorry, busy week this week. I’m just getting back to this now.
Device manager shows it correctly like you show it above.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Smart Fit, and also tried downgrading to Smart Fit 1.14. Nothing seems to make a difference. It’s frustrating because my Linx2 devices work with the NOAH adapter and Aventa just fine.

I even took my laptop with me to pickup my daughter to get away from everything. That made no difference.

Are you able to use another PC, with a fresh install and try again.

That’s my next move, yes. I’m not sure what more to try.

Try connecting only one of the hearing aids, not both.

Ah, try what @menglxs said.

Allow me to recap;

• When you say NOAH adapter I think you mean Noahlink Wireless.
  • The Noahlink Wireless device is actually a GN Resound Airlnk 2 that was converted to become a Noahlink Wireless using the Airlink 2 updater.
  • We know the converted Noahlink Wireless device works because you sucessfully connected your other pair of hearing aids, namely your Linx2 HAs, using this same Noahlink Wireless hearing aid programming device.

If you are still stuck;
Here’s a link to → How to read DIY School PDF files

Suggested DIY School help files;

• Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use

Here’s a clip from Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use
Tip: You can click the image to enlarge.

Thanks! I’ll try those suggestions.

Tried a completely different laptop that had a fresh Windows 10 installation. Same result. Same result trying just one hearing aid also. All of the NOAH wireless instructions have been followed. It did occur to me just now as I’m typing this that I have a Multi Mic that’s normally turned on. I’ll try that next.

Is it possible that my ONEs are somehow locked?

Wow how bizarre, your NW is working, you know this already and have used two different PC, so it’s now down to the ones, “locked” I don’t think so, you’d be asked for a code if they were, where did you buy them from?

Nowhere special. Just my local audiologist here in the Cleveland area.

HMm; Maybe ask you local Audi why?

Well, sure except that me DIYing my hearing aids is counter to her business model of charging me for adjustments…

1 Like

HMm; There are a couple of threads discussing locked ReSound hearing aids.
And It makes me wonder?

Those are interesting topics, but it seems like it get farther with mine than I would if they were locked. They do connect initially. I can link them to the patient and send beeps to them. That seems to be past where an unlock prompt would be if I’m reading those posts correctly. I’ll keep trying. One thing I haven’t tried yet, mostly because I’ve never had to do it that way at the audiologist office, I’d putting the HAs in the charger first versus just restarting them with the buttons. That’ll be the next round of testing.

Yes you have to prep the HAs for wireless connection to a hearing aid programming device;

Here’s a link to → How to read DIY School PDF files

Suggested DIY School help files;

• Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use

Sorry; I was busy. Whether you cycle off/on via buttons or charger is the same.

Yes, I understand that. I have been power cycling them which is the same thing as putting them into the case and taking them out.

One thing seems odd; Your hearing aids show up as not assigned to right or left. Is that correct? I am wondering why they are not assigned? I am assuming that you manually assigned both hearing aids before proceeding. Is that correct. Do they show up again as not assigned the next time you try to connect?

HMm; where did the hearing aids come from? How did you obtain them?

The assigned/unassigned refers to whether they are assigned to the patient in the app. The definitely are configured right/left.

If I leave the app open and try again after the failure, it remembers that I’ve ‘assigned’ them to the patient.

1 Like

HMm; Are you sure about that? I don’t have any ReSound One’s but when I use Simulate Mode this seems designed to connect hearing aids and/or (assign hearing aids to Left or right side). If you click Connection Assistance it only references information about connecting hearing aids, and nothing about assigning sides for Apps. I think it’s for designating which hearing aid sides (right or left) which brings me back to my question of where did the hearing aids come from? How did you obtain them?

Are they from an audiologist who programmed them? From EBay?