Resound ONE cannot connect to Smart Fit

Hi everyone. I’m new to this DIY stuff, but have all the pieces. The latest Smart Fit software, Air Link 2 that I’ve upgraded to the latest NOAH Wireless.

My old pair of Linx2 connect and work exactly as expected with the Aventa software. When I try to connect my ONEs to Smart Fit, they will initially connect, I get the beeps and the blinking green lights and everything. As soon as a click ‘continue’ I get the ‘cannot connect’ message in the attached image.

I have tried every combination of steps I’ve seen on this site, but nothing seems to make any difference. I have tried the following:

• restart the hearing aids after they initially link to the NOAH device
  • disconnect and reconnect the NOAH device
  • start Smart Fit and then connect the NOAH device

Can anyone please offer any help? I had previously had them paired with my iPhone and iPad, but have even tried shutting them both down when turning off Bluetooth didn’t work. Finally, I deleted them from my devices to make sure. Still nothing.

Can you show us a screen clip/picture of when they do connect? Are you using SmartLauncher?

The only time I’ve seen it is when the HAs are still connected to some bluetooth device, reboot the PC and start again and be100% sure you have all Bluetooth turned off.

That’s what I keep thinking too, but I can’t think of any other device that could be connecting. I’ll keep trying, but hoping someone mentions something I’m missing.

@pvc, yes, that’s how I’m getting started.

Your original picture does not show them as connected. It says connection error.

Maybe use Control Panel/Device manager to view your Noahlink Wireless device and driver;
Tip: you can click the image to enlarge.

Here are the other screens showing the connection. This time I turned off the Bluetooth on my laptop as well.

Device manager shows no errors. The driver is dated 2016 (1.1.0.0) but I have run the updaters.

Did you assign both of them

Well it has connected because it has read the serial numbers from the hearing aids. The message says “make sure they are not connected to a smartphone or placed in the charger”.

The second picture shows them both assigned, so yes.

Like I said they’re connected enough that I can click the ‘Beep’ button and make them beep.

Well that’s just strange, I mean your connection between between NH and HAs is good but you then can’t go any further? Remember you only have 2 minutes to complete the process before it times out.
Mate if it were me, I’d uninstall SmartFit and reinstall plus reboot the PC and start it all again.

and, turn your cellphone off.

Yep, did that. I do wonder if I just have too much RF around me. I work in technology, so I have a lot of devices around me all the time. I’m going to try using an entirely different PC.

There is a Noahlink Wireless Firmware Updater.
See DIY School (Noahlink Wireless - DIY User Guide)
v 2.24 November 2022

Did that when I first started installing everything. :smile:

1 Like

Oh, did you convert it from Airlink 2 to Noahlink Wireless first, and then do a firmware Update to v 2.24 November 2022?

I did that as part of the process, yeah.

• Did it complete successfully as below (connected Airlink 2 is Up To Date)?
  • Did you disconnect and reconnect so that it could become recognized as Noahlink Wireless upon reconnection?

b1

It seems to have a Reinstall option.

Can you use Control Panel/Device Manager to show use the HIMSA Driver version like below? btw> Windows has a (Snipping Tool) where you can mouse-drag a rectangle around your screen clip; save that clip as a file; then upload the file using the Up-Arrow-Tool on your forum post.

Sorry, busy week this week. I’m just getting back to this now.
Device manager shows it correctly like you show it above.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Smart Fit, and also tried downgrading to Smart Fit 1.14. Nothing seems to make a difference. It’s frustrating because my Linx2 devices work with the NOAH adapter and Aventa just fine.

I even took my laptop with me to pickup my daughter to get away from everything. That made no difference.