Locked HA - Amplifon PIN for SmartFit

Hello,

After a long wait, I finally received my Noahlink Wireless, so I rushed to connect my HA only to be greeted with an unlock code in order to program my Hearing Aids.

So… My audiologist is from GAES/Amplifon… Any chance of getting this code unofficially, or do I have to politely ask my audi to give the PIN password?

Thanks! :smiley:

I’m a UK Amplifon customer and they don’t use a code here. I think you may have to ask your audiologist for your code. I was a bit worried about telling my audiologist that I was programming myself, but she was going to know the next time she connected to them because there would be a mismatch between the aids and her database.

Anyway she wasn’t bothered at all. I think she could see it coming actually!

Just ask, I mean these are your HAs.

Well, I just got the PIN. I tried it and it worked! yay!

@tenkan, I know. That’s why I was so angry.

2 Likes

Hi, we have same problem. I use Smartfit with noahlink but it don´t recognise the amplifon aid.

Well, this was about a PIN passcode. If the software doesn’t recognise your hearing aids at all, your problem might be due do something else.

Have you properly rebooted your aids?
Also, make sure that your phone app isn’t connected via bluetooth. Otherwise Noahlink won’t work.

Yes the hearing aids already connected to the app is a common reason why NoahLink won’t connect to your Resound aids.

Perhaps reading the DIY School PDF file with instructions for using Noahlink Wireless might be helpful? Just click PVC’s Avatar on any PVC forum post, then click PVC’s Featured Topic and find Hearing Aid Fitting - DIY School. The PDF file named (04 Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use) will be one of the PDF files listed there.

So you can program Amplifon hearing aids using the standard software? just out of interest which software are you using? i was sure that there was a separate Amplifon software for this very purpose, or perhaps things have changed?

No I don’t have Amplifon hearing aids. I have Resound Ones supplied to me by Amplifon. I believe you have to have Amplifon fitting software to program their aids, including the ones made by Resound. But as mine are not Amplifon aids, I can use SmartFit.

Ah makes sense, i do remember searching for it a while back and found a special version of Smart Fit for Amplifon, also spoke to someone on this forum and they confirmed that for Phonak hearing aids you would require an installation code for Target.

Interesting that they supplied you non Amplifon hearing aids instead of the rebranded.

It was because I insisted!

1 Like

I just downloaded SmartFit from the Resound web. Link is somehow hidden, but I guess you can find that easily on this forum.

You need the noahlink wireless programming hardware. Also, you need to know the PIN if your audi locked your hearing aids.

1 Like

Your audiologist doesn’t lock them. The hearing aid manufacturer (GN ReSound) locks them.

Oh, that’s interesting. Do you have any links or forum post supporting that claim? I thought it was the audiologist.

Then… How does the audiologist get the necessary PIN from GN Resound to program the aids?

The (NHS or Healthcare-Insurance or Any-name-Franchise) that sell rebranded/discounted hearing aids has no benefit for locking their rebranded/discounted hearing aids. The manufacturer (on the other hand) by locking their rebranded hearing aids, can maintain both lines of business;

1. premium products sold to audiologists
  2. rebranded/discounted products sold to healthcare/insurance/anyname-franchises

By carrier pigeon :wink: or maybe some other means of communication.

It’s impossible for an audiologist to make a different version of a software or a code to program locked hearing aids when they literally don’t make the software!

I like to keep track of of these other-hearing-aid-outlets in DIY School - (v2.0)
Here’s a clip below. Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions;

There is another angle here, which is that an audiologist using SmartFit standalone can add a pin which prevents an authorised person from saving to the hearing aids. It’s on the screen you get when you try to save the fitting.

But Amplifon don’t use this feature in UK when they supply Resound branded aids. I don’t know whether Amplifon pin protect Amplifon branded Resound aids.

I got my resound hearing aids trough an Amplifon clinic in Spain and they were indeed locked. Although I don’t really known who locked them first (resound or Amplifon) .