Resound LiNX Quattro RE61 - Amplifon locked?

Hi buddies,
out of poor judgement i bought those used Amplifon energy R3 (Resound LiNX Quattro RE61 rebranded) hearing aids for my father.
A hearing center told me they can fit basically any hearing aid, including Resound for a decent price so I got these.
After a week they told me they couldn’t because they don’t have Amplifon software.
I tried it myself.
I got a Noahlink Wireless read a lot of posts and followed a good amount of guides, especially in the DIY 2 School thread, but I’m stuck with no luck.
The HA work just fine, they can even connect with my smartphone’s Smart 3D Resound app, but no chance making them appear in Smart Fit.
As you can see in the linked youtube video that I prepared I tried with different software versions without results.
Are they really locked and that’s it?
Is there a way to flash the original Resound firmware or if someone could point me to some resource.
I couldn’t find much online, basically every technical stuff points to this site.
Every help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Are you saying you used Amplifon software and you still couldn’t make a connection?

You need to off/on cycle your HAs. They can’t be sitting in the charger. Then connect.

Here’s a link to another locked amplifon.

I have low hopes for the locked Amplifons. If you had purchased them from a local audiologist then maybe you could twist his arm until he coughed up the code :wink:

In the other thread that I pointed to above, things got off track. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But the discussion ended with no good solution.

I might, but there’s no code requested anywhere.
The HAs just don’t show up in smart fit

Oh, we have not yet documented where to enter the code in SmartFit so if you are able to ask your source for the code, then also ask where to enter the code? Or I can try to search all SmartFit options/settings.

Here’s another code entering discussion → for Starkey and Signia.

Yea, there’s no indication of where to eventually put codes inside SmartFit.
Made a tour of the various option and the only thing i found is this option, but I guess it’s not the one we’re looking for.
Online i can’t find any reference to this code inside SmartFit

How do you know they don’t have there own version of SmartFit, because even if they are locked the software normally identifies them, it’s at that point it asks for the lock code to program them, pretty sure that’s how target and others (Oticon?) work, but yeah what a bummer it’s not working for you.

Maybe enter the code along with a checkmark and then restart SmartLauncher/SmartFit for the code to take effect. But do you have the code?

Just make sure that the bluetooth of the smartphone is disconnected. If the Hearing Aids are connected to the phone, they won’t show up in SmartFit.

If your HAs are locked by a PIN code, they will ask you for it and you will instantly know.

Yea, it’s free from any bluetooth connection.
There’s no way to insert the code because probably they have to at least show in SmartFit while searching.
Been troubleshooting around and can’t seem to find any way to make it work. I guess it’s custom firmware and that’s it.

There’s no such thing as “custom Amplifon firmware”. If they were locked (which you don’t know for sure), SmartFit will ask you for the code.

The first step is getting the HA to show up in SmartFit. Start the search in SmartFit, put the Hearing Aids in the charger and get them out within 5 seconds.

It is the SmartFit that you already have. I don’t think it would prompt you for a code. They like to be secretive. Though, I could be wrong.

ETA: In the other thread it turns out the hearing aids were not locked after all. They were just left-as-connected to Bluetooth Streaming and therefore would not connect. Once Bluetooth was turned off and the hearing aids were off/on cycled then they were able to connect to SmaftFit the same as any not-locked hearing aids.

I cannot reiterate this more clearly: If the HAs are locked by a code, SmartFit will ask for it the first time and it will refuse to continue until you provide a correct code.

Just make sure that:

1. HAs are properly rebooted by introducing them into the charger and taking them out after 5 seconds.
  2. There isn’t any other bluetooth or accessory connection (remote controller, TV link or whatever).

You won’t be knowing if your HAs are locked until you get SmartFit to connect to them. The only secretive thing about the PIN code is the code itself.

Yes you can be more clear. Were your hearing aids locked? What was the code?

ETA: Actually if you want to be helpful. Load a new version of SmartFit and show us an image capture of that prompt.

ETA: Also have you tried entering the code into the (Activate PIN Code When Programming). Perhaps it is there to lessen the burden on your Audi having to enter the code over-and-over for each of his customers.

Sorry for asking demanding questions. But thus far, you are the only person who can answer. So lighten up and help us.

I’ve made this video to show what i’m doing:

Well the first thing I’m noticing is I’m not seeing the Noahlink wireless green led flashing when searching for your HAs, can you confirm, also do you have the Noahlink wireless chosen from the drop-down menu, I can’t think of anything else.

1 Like

Around 40 seconds it shows Noahlink Wireless as the programming Device. Read a DIY School PDF file named (Noahlink Wireless - DIY User Guide) and use Device Manager to check your Device and Driver.
c1

1 Like

Gee I don’t see that, I’m on my phone screen, just when I need a projector!

:wink:
c2

1 Like