Resound One Connectivity to Samsung Galaxy S21

I have a pair of ReSound RT762 HAs. They will not connect reliably to my Samsung Galaxy S21 Android phone. Sometimes they connect as soon as I turn them on. Most of the time I end up having to restart my phone to get them connected. Multiple times a day. Any ideas why I cannot connect reliably?

I found that turning off bluetooth and turning it back on usually reconnects my Starkey HAs. It’s faster and easier than rebooting. I have a S21 (5g) as well.

If the problem persist. unpair both your HAs.

Turn one on, pair it to your phone. Let this finish before starting the next one.
Turn on the next HA and pair it to your phone.

There is a setting ‘hearing aid compatibility’ you can turn on in Android Hearing Aid Support. Your HAs should show as paired there.

Android Support Hearing Aid (ASHA) is essentially the same as Made For iPhone (MFI).

Here are Android steps for troubleshooting:

Quattro 9s here and I’ve just come from using phonak.
So far i really like them, but the bluetooth connection isn’t great. I find that sporadically either side will not be connected anymore. Simply toggling bluetooth on and off works but is annoying.

I also find the range before they start to lose connection to the phone is very limited.
Connecion wise it seems phonak was considerably more reliable.

Interesting, is that with iOS or Android device.

Android - Samsung. It’s useable, just frustrating

So how’s the App, you have any problem there, for me no issues with ASHA streaming, I wonder what version of Android your running.

No the app has worked great so far.
I’m using Android 12

I had to use my Quattro 9s with a Galaxy Note 8 for streaming with a Phone Clip+ since I was stuck on Android 9 with no ASHA. But I thought the BT connectivity there was very good. BT streaming using minimally vented custom ear molds is one of things I’ve really liked about the Quattros. And after switching to an iPhone because the Smart 3D app can run on an Apple Watch but not at the time on a Samsung Tizen or Android watch, I’ve been generally pretty happy with the iPhone connectivity. As you can find by reading various threads on the forum, every time Apple updates iOS there is a chance some BT connectivity problem will arise. Perhaps different Android OEMs face the same problem with getting things “right” between their implementation of ASHA and the various ways that HA’s from different HA OEMs “think?”

Maybe not for HA’s but for other things I’ve found some good answers from users in the Samsung Community forums. You might want to try looking there as well as here on this forum.

Resound have HUGE connectivity problems with Android 12. The rep told me they are hoping it will resolve with the next Android update which they anticipate will be in Oct/Nov. It’s very frustrating but hopefully the patch is just around the corner.

I forgot my previous involvement in another thread on whether the Android 12 problem is ReSound’s fault or Google’s. See my P.S. to Mr. Smithster in the following post where ReSound actually advises HA user not to update their Android phone to Android 12.

There are other threads in the forum, too, where other users report problems with Android 12, not just for ReSound but Oticon HA’s as well.

Yeah it’s weird, as I’m not having any issues, both with smart and smart3D Apps working fine, I wonder if it’s not just android 12 but the One UI versions, I’m on 4.1 but a lot still could still be on 4.0, maybe something in that? This is Samsung of course

I just called Resound, again, for any updates and they admitted, again, no updates. They blame it all on Google. Easy that way. They said they HOPE 13 fixes the issues, but I dont see that happening as 13 beta is out. Google offers full beta support to companies like Resound so I don’t expect any improvement at all, especially when Google and the hearing aid mfg’s just keep blaming each other. Heaven forbid they actually worked together to solve the issue.
The only way to guarantee good connection is to get a Phone Clip type device.
And same with speech in noisy conditions. Ultra-focus sucks so the Micro Mic or Mutli Mic help greatly.
I am at 4.1 on a S20. My daughter just got the new iPhone and dont like it at all. I don’t like that it weights half a pound, why the huge rounded corners, and why so thick? Ugh

Yeah same, but I’ve never liked iPhones anyway, but they definitely have Mfi sorted and right from the beginning as well, google has been very slowly catching up…just

1 Like

Yes, they do have MfI down much better…until the next update? I remember many see many with issues when the last update hit.
Is Samsung even supporting ASHA on new phones? I looked at some specs and only saw BT 5.3

All of the Samsung Galaxy phones starting at the S9 and later support ASHA.

What specs were you looking at that leads you to BT 5.3 isn’t compatible?

This link says BT 4.2 minimum, but BT 5.0 is recommended. Hearing Aid Audio Support Using Bluetooth LE  |  Android Open Source Project

Here is a link from Samsung, how to use some of the features.

Use hearing enhancement features on your Galaxy phone

Coulda swore someone that owns a S22 chimed in that it didn’t support ASHA. I thought they said only the S22 Ultra offered ASHA. When I look at the S22 specs, it only lists BT 5.3, no mention of ASHA. Does ASHA fall under 5 3?

1 Like

Just went for another look at the specs posted on tmobil site…
Thinking I was wrong on 5.3. Shows 5.2. See screen shot