Latest (non) news on Resound /Android 12 Issues

As many, I remain frustrated with the lack of resolution of Android12/Resound compatibility issues. I have a PIxel 6 and it suffers from the usual dropped connections/streaming to one ear issues. Tried all the tricks (turned off battery optimisation on streaming apps, cleared cache etc) but it seems even worse after the June Android 12 update.

I’ve received the following response from a review I posted on Google Play this week

Hey Tim, thank you for this feedback. Unfortunately, we cannot offer an accurate timeline for this update, but promise you our engineers are cooperating with Google to resolve ASAP. The problem lies in Android 12’s BLE protocols, and affects all leading hearing aids using BLE- not just ours!

Not holding out hope…

My Resound One’s with my Samsung S20 have been working well for a while now. When I first received the 12 update I had issues but they seemed to have been mostly resolved. I also sometimes use the PhoneClip+ which always streams into both aids and sounds better too. They are dirt cheap on ebay, less than $30. But it is another device to lug around and possibly lose.

Thanks, I think there is a an additional level of complexity with Google’ Pixel 6 phones and the new Tensor chip they are using. Android 13 due out in August, - suspect this will bring out a whole new set of issues!

I’m already in process of sourcing a Clip+ ( useful for use with PC) but they are not cheap on this side of the pond even on ebay.

1 Like

I don’t think that a PhoneClip+ syncs to computers. I think you need the MultiMic for that, which is more costly than the PhoneClip+ or MiniMic.

After years of promises from Resound on Android compatibility I finally gave up. Tossed my Resound aids in a drawer and went with Costco 10 aids. Much better quality, half the price, and complete Android compatibility!

1 Like

Costco is actually ReSound, isn’t it?

On topic, I also have this problem on iPhone, don’t know why this happens tho…

Resound One is the Jabra Enhance Pro at Costco. The KS10 is Phonak P90.

Got my phoneclip+, definitely more reliable ( if a little tinny even with sound enhancement) than standard android 12 bluetooth on my Pixel 6.
I have paired with my PC and streams OK.

You can have your audi set streaming to max bass. There are adjustments just for streaming.

I took the plunge and upgraded my Pixel 6 to Android 13 this week, Pleasently surprised it seems to have resolved the streaming issues over bluetooth fro me.

Android 13 supports BT Low energy and the new LC3 codec and although although the Quattros are noy LE BT they are now working fine, not used long enough to see impact on battery

I’m sorry to burst your bubble. From my experience working with companies. Google depreciated ASHA protocol in favor of BTLEA protocol. It is already happening which is why you are seeing massive issue with ASHA and there will be issue by the next Android 14 update.

They probably made general improvement because they are currently working on the BTLEA update to Android OS which improves the quality of streaming of all BTLEA which brought improvement to ASHA as result of that due to similarity of BTLEA and ASHA… They are not going to spend resources improving ASHA when millions of devices are going to be using the new standardized Bluetooth protocol (BTLEA)…

1 Like

Thanks,

Just as an update, Android 13 still not perfect with Resound Quattros, occasionally the BT connection drops to my pixel 6 but I found that by switching between phone and hearing aid output restores it quickly.

September security patch for Android 13 Pixel range has included " * Fix for issue occasionally preventing certain Bluetooth devices or accessories from connecting"

Does seem to have improved things further but still appears like WIP.

Interesting to see that new Resound Omnia’s are BT 5.3 compliant, another sign that ASHA is on its way out?