Replacing rechargeable batteries in Oticon More

Cheer up. It could be worse. The other manufacturers require factory repair to replace their built-in rechargeable batteries. I like the rechargeable Oticon More hearing aids!

1 Like

Me, too, Chuck. Feb/Mar 2021.

@pvc: They’re probably dandy for those who only wear their aids 12-14 hours per day.

Yep my normal day is between 14 and 16 hours. But I have had a couple of 20 to 24 hour days

1 Like

@cvkemp: I seem to recall just one or two of those, myself, and the rechargeable More1s held up through them. But, I don’t like the fact that if we get “caught short”, there’s no option but to use the charger, even though an hour “off-line” will get us going again.

If either of us had to deal with a medical (or other) emergency at the end of a long day, we could keep ourselves going at a loved one’s bedside indefinitely with a pocket full of disposable battery cards. My opinion … YMMV.

1 Like

My wife love TV or when we are traveling the satellite radio, I save my batteries by powomy aids off to give myself a rest if I can’t get away to myself.

A very justifiable concern in my opinion. The only thing that can alleviate this concern is if you have a pair of viable backup HAs that can perform well enough which you can fall back on for a day or two. But going with the disposable version only alleviates the concern that’s battery-related. If your More breaks down due to something else that’s not battery-related and needs to be sent in, then without a pair of viable backup, you’re also SOL.

1 Like

I have my backups but they will not charge on the smart charger if I get out for two long. The smart charger is good for about 3 full charges of the More aids.

@Volusiano: I have my old pair of *Unitron North Moxi Fit 800" hearing aids that I wouldn’t call “viable”, because they give me such poor speech recognition, they are disreputable.

1 Like

Yeah, if I were to upgrade from my OPN 1 to a pair of More 1, then my OPN 1 would qualify as viable backups. But your Unitron wouldn’t qualify like that if they give you such inferior performance compared to the More that you would mind a lot if you have to resort to them. If I were in your shoes, I’d want to have the disposable battery version of the More as well.

2 Likes

@Volusiano: The thing that miffed me the most was the fact that Oticon couldn’t provide me with any idea when the disposable battery version would be available. Had I known that it would come to market within the year (IIRC), I could have, and would have waited. I feel I was strong-armed into the rechargeable version.

The pitch was “if you want these features, you’ll have to make the “rechargeable tradeoff” and not look back.” I understand that there are technical reasons why marketing the disposable battery version took more time, however, the streaming/connectivity features that I might lose by reverting to the disposable version are of no consequence to me, as long as my hearing remains the same.

I would have appreciated being given the option to decide for myself which version I would wear for the next 4 years.

2 Likes

Does More 1 with disposable batteries lack any features vs More 1 with rechargeable batteries?

@drdigital1: I don’t know. Have you checked Oticon’s website?

1 Like

If I remember correctly there is a version with out t-coils and a version with t-could

1 Like

If I remember correctly, there was really no functionality trade-off between the disposable and rechargeable versions. You get everything with each version, including tcoil. Obviously the charger doesn’t come with the disposable battery version.

I don’t really know if they’re priced out differently or not. If somebody reading this has pricing knowledge of these 2 versions relative to each other, please share.

2 Likes

Hello everyone , I just received a bernafon alpha 7 MnR T, and the battery is 312+ ( rechargeable), I open it and test the battery , it is still full, and I try to put it back into the hearing aid, and there is no response at all, I connect it to oasis , not detected , and I try to hang it with blootood, not detected.

the seller says it must be cased using a verified cas (bernafon carrier). is it really that way, so that new hearing aids can be used ?

Can you fit a standard zinc air battery, just so you can eliminate the rechargeable one,
Edit: I see you can’t the voltage is different.

what programming device are you using to connect to Oasis?

I hope your seller isn’t saying they are locked!
Brand new HAs work straight out of the box, did you get yours in sealed plastic bags?

When your seller says that it must be cased using a verified case, what exactly does that mean? Is your seller saying that you can’t used Bernafon batteries in a non-Bernafon hearing aids (like the Oticon More), even if they’re the same size and rechargeable battery because the Bernafon batteries are locked to Bernafon?

I remember reading somewhere on this forum before that a poster was able to find a third party rechargeable battery for their Oticon aids and replace it OK in the aid.

312 standard size difference with 312+ for bernafon alpha 7 . , I’ve tried entering the standard 312, and there is no response. I use the Oasis 2, where the Oticon alpha ranks No. 1 in hearing aids available.

“They need to be charged up with a verifed charger”

that’s what the seller said.