Phonak Target softwear and icube

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have been reading through the forum over the last few days.

I am looking to install the Target software and get hold of an icube to be able to make adjustments to my aid and re-pair my compilot II.

I have an Audeo B-R aid and a Cros B.

Am I correct in thinking that it is an iCube or iCube II I require to be able to make any adjustments?

Would someone be kind enough to provide the link to download the software?

Many thanks.

All on this forum if searched.

write the correct version of the hearing aid, What is written on the hearing aid in small letters?

iCube II but not iCube just in case it is not clear to you yet.

Thank you, I don’t suppose you happen to have a link to the software?

2 Likes

Thank you, the linked post has been helpful.

Thank you to everyone who assisted with Target but of course I now need the comms package as my Bolero uses iCubeOne. Noahlink wireless looks to be a good and reasonably priced option. Any views on this and the best place to purchase?
TIA
KR’s Andy B

My Bolero B90’s (Beyond, so the series before Marvel) were the last to not work with Noahlink Wireless.

iCube is obsolete. iCubeII is going obsolete but still can be used for some models.
Here’s a clip from the first file in DIY School;

What Platform/Model Bolero to you have. Look in a DIY School file named (Choose a Hearing Aid Programming Device). It will list all the different Bolero’s along with which programming device to use.

1 Like

Hi Andy, yeah just get the iCube ll for your Bolero, you can get them on eBay, it’s a fantastic programmer for those older models, really easy to use.

There are other things to consider before buying a propritary hearing aid programming device that is going obsoilete. If you are only interested in programming (old) Boleros then yes it works (for now), and it’s cheap.

Did you know that it can brick your hearing aids because it doesn’t work well with current versions of Phonak Target 8.? Though, there is a workaround to revert back to an old version of Target and use the Factory Reset tool to unbrick your hearing aids, and then continue to program them using the older version of Target.

If you plan to upgrade your hearing aids in the future you may want to study your choice of hardware/hearing aid programming device more carefully.

Don’t read to much into what the other poster is saying, it’s a one in a million chance, extremely rare, just use target 7 and it’ll never happen, the iCube ll is a brilliant little device that has proved its worth over many years, if you do buy from help2hear (I’ve known him for a very long time, and he is the “expert” on everything Phonak) he’ll help you with anything, very knowledgeable and helpful.

The Phonak iCubeII device is going obsolete. That is, you cannot use Phonak iCubeII on either of the last two Phonak platforms (L-Lumity and P-Paradise), and there is very limited use on the third-oldest platform, M-Marvel.

Do you want to believe in the aforementioned (made-up, 1-in-a-million odds) that iCubeII will not brick any other hearing aids? If those odds are correct, and since DIYers don’t number anywhere close to a million, then we will never see another instance, right? Stay tuned. :wink:

Question? What makes you think that iCubeII will be supported in future releases of Target when Target support for the older iCube device has ended? You already have to revert back to an older Target version 6.1 in order to use iCube, and then never take any Target updates again!

Here’s a cheat sheet for Phonak programming devices. Though I reserve the right to remove this list at some future date. Why? Because it tends to become obsolete. But you can always get to the up-to-date Version in DIY School by clicking any PVC Avatar.

• Legend: NW = Noahlink Wireless
• Legend: HP = (Hi Pro or mini Pro) with cables and also maybe flexstrips or adapters

• Audéo L-R RIC = NW
• Audéo L-RT RIC = NW
• Audéo L-RL RIC = NW
• Audéo P-R RIC = NW
• Audéo P-R Fit RIC = NW
• Audéo P-RT RIC = NW
• Audéo P-312 RIC = NW
• Audéo P-13T RIC = NW, HP
• Audéo P-RL RIC = NW
• Naída P-UP BTE = NW, HP
• Naída P-PR BTE = NW
• Virto P-312 CIC = HP
• Virto P-10 CIC = HP
• Virto P-Titanium CIC = HP
• Virto P-312 ITC = NW, HP
• Audéo M-R RIC = NW
• Audéo M-RT RIC = NW
• Audéo M-312 RIC = NW
• Audéo M-312T RIC = NW, HP
• Audéo M-13T RIC = NW, HP
• Bolero M BTE = NW
• Bolero M-PR BTE = NW
• Naída M-SP BTE = NW, HP
• Sky M-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky M-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky M-PR BTE = NW
• Virto M-Titanium ITC = HP
• Virto M-312 CIC = HP
• Virto M-10 CIC = HP
• Virto M-312 ITC = NW, or HP
• Audéo B-Direct RIC= NW
• Audéo B-13 RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo B-R RIC = iCube II
• Audéo B-312T RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo B-312 RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo B-10 RIC = iCube II
• Bolero B-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero B-PR BTE = iCube II
• Bolero B-P BTE= iCube II, or HP
• Bolero B-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída B-R RIC = iCube II
• Naída B-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída B-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-PR BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-P BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky B-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo V-13 RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo V-312T RIC= iCube II, or HP
• Audéo V-312 RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo V-10 RIC = iCube II
• Bolero V-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero V-P BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero V-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída V-RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Naída V-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída V-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky V-RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Sky V-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky V-P BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky V-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky V-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Audéo Q-312T RIC = iCube II
• Audéo Q-312 RIC = iCube II
• Audéo Q-10 RIC= iCube II
• Bolero Q-M312 BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero Q-M13 BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero Q-P BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Bolero Q-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída Q-RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Naída Q-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Naída Q-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky Q-RIC = iCube II, or HP
• Sky Q-M BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky Q-SP BTE = iCube II, or HP
• Sky Q-UP BTE = iCube II, or HP

Does it really matter?!

Again you are taking this way out of hand and actually making up what you think is right!

When will you get over this?!

Tomorrow I will get over it. No wait, maybe the next day.

Why do youse guys like obsolete stuff? What specifically did I make up?

ETA: I’m sorry you can’t see the folly in promoting going-obsolete proprietary hearing aid programming devices. In the not-too-distant-future one side or the other will be proven to be correct. So don’t worry. Just wait a short while.