Phonak Sphere l90 versus l70

Searched all over the internet and even the Phonak website does not have a comparison chart what the differences are.

Here is a YouTube video which compares the Sphere 90 and Sphere 70. Basically the 90 has the Speech Enhancer function (in calm situations) while the 70 does not and the Spheric function is less robust in the 70 than it is in the 90.

Oops, wrong video, That’s embarrassing! Thanks to subsequent posters for cleaning it up.

1 Like

The video seems to adress the Lumities not the Infineo Spheres.

1 Like

the only real difference is the 70’s dont have Spheric Speech. ( The Chip Set)

See here:

Infinio Sphere 90: Spheric Speech Clarity (full strength) + Speech Enhancer for soft voices in calm situation

Infinio Sphere 70: Spheric Speech Clarity (medium strength) , no Speech Enhancer

7 Likes

I dont think most people need more expensive models unless they are in challenging situations.
Most differences are mostly marketing and in no use in calm situations ( for every brand not just phonak)

I don’t believe that is correct. I believe firenzel has it correct below.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your input. Just realized, at least does the Phonak app say so, that I have the I90 model for testing since yesterday.Though my audiologist said he would sent me the I70 I got the I90… hmmm… or is the app wrong?
Another question, where can I find the Sphere setting?

check again, the AI chip is not in the 70’s, or at least no way to enable it, if its even there.

Thats what gives the True Spheric Speech Processing

Its in autosense, and only if autosense senses the need,

You “can” get get your audiologist to give you a separate Spheric SPeech program you can go to directly.

Make sure he/she also disables the time limit

Yes. Firenzl is correct. My understanding was that the AI chip is in the Audeo Sphere 70, as after all, it is called “Sphere”, but it is only possible to set the noise reduction to moderate, whereas, in the Audeo Sphere 90, the noise reduction can be set to strong.

3 Likes

Source? Phonak’s documents state that the 70 Sphere has Medium Strength Spheric speech (as opposed to Full Strength for the 90s. What you propose seems feasible but I haven’t seen anything other than your comment to suggest it’s true.

2 Likes

What I’ve found is that there is an Infinio R and an Infinio Sphere. The R doesn’t have Spheric chip. Everything I’ve seen suggests both 70 and 90 of the Infinio Sphere does have Spheric chip. You’re the only one I’ve seen claim this… Forgive me for questioning somebody who can’t seem to install Target.

1 Like

I am curious.
What does “piss off” and “flush it” mean?
Are they profanity?
That is not good on this forum.

2 Likes

The first term is British and means the same as F*** Off. So, yes, it’s a profanity. Can be said in a mild mannered way but that wasn’t the case here! The 2nd term is not British…at least to my knowledge.

2 Likes

Perhaps people who use profanities in their initial post should know that people have been permanently banned from this forum for anti-social behavior and keep that in mind; also, insisting an erroneous post is true when Phonak documents show it isn’t and citing Microsoft technology as a proof of something that has nothing to do with Phonak technology does not follow on. We’re here to help each other, not to fight each other…

3 Likes

@Stimmenhoerer , there is probably some info which suggest SNR difference between Spheric in max vs. Spheric in moderate.

Sorry, I’m in a foul mood fighting poorly written software installers, and a poor attempt at an insult just set me off, sorry again.

2 Likes

Did your audiologist give you the trial version of the Spheres? One thing I learned from taking an Audiology Online course is that Phonak trial hearing aids can be programmed to mimic any level of a model line in features. That means the audiologist doesn’t have to have four different trial models for the regular Infinio line or two different trial models for the Sphere line. If your audiologist gave you Phonak trial hearing aids but set them up as the 90s, that could explain your result. Alternatively, if you’re trialing the hearing aids he intends to sell you if you like them, he just screwed up.

A poor attempt at an insult.
Who is this directed at?
Thanks