Phonak Roger MultiTalker Network: Roger On VS Roger Table Mic II

Roger Select bluetooth will not work with your Aids. It makes the Aids go crazy and none stop changing programs.

That’s why the Roger Select iN and Pen iN do not have Bluetooth installed into them.

2 Likes

Oh noooooooooo and I thought I was being clever :rofl:

Is it because of interference?

Maybe your friend should unpair all and repair them @Zebras

1 Like

We don’t know why. People on here think it’s because it uses the same programs but I don’t understand it.

There’s been a load of talk on this forum.

You can use a normal Pen and a normal Select but the Bluetooth must be turned off otherwise your Aids will just carry on beeping.

If you turn your Aids to Flight Mode then the Roger won’t connect to your Aids. People thought it might work on Flight Mode but nope.

1 Like

That’s interesting, I also have a Roger Pen and I tried streaming music but it wouldn’t work …

My mum uses hearing aids too ReSound … can’t recall which but with bluetooth, she can have the Select then :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess all equipment is ordered then?

Your Mum would have to buy some Roger receivers to use the Select.

I would email Access to Work and cancel the Select and order 2 x twin packs of Table Mic II.

No I am still awaiting the report which was delayed because it didn’t have the Select. I won’t dare ask to remove it because it will cause further delays … They have already recommended the 2 x Roger Table MIc II twin packs. I may ask work not to purchase the Select, it shouldn’t be a problem.

I read somewhere, cannot remember where, that some ReSound HAs (and other brands) have direct connectivity with Roger … not sure if hers have though!

No brands can work directly to Roger without a type of receiver. That isn’t possible.

Resound would need a Mini Mic and a Roger X receiver plugged into it. Then she would have to carry the Mini Mic on her pocket.

As much as I love Phonak, I suspect why the bluetooth won’t work is because they have specially designed it like this.

When the Marvels came out, I spoke to some people from Sonova involved in the design of ALDs and asked them about Roger Direct, having to buy the licences and they said something along the lines of, it was a business decision … so they are balancing their innovations with how much revenue they are getting I guess.

For example, even the NHS Marvel equivalent, the Nathos Nova, doesn’t have the licences so people will have to procure separately. I am unsure if NHS provide them?

NHS won’t provide them.

The licenses are only a way of paying for basically Roger receivers like all other brands of HA/CI and BAHA, you just don’t have to wear the actual Roger receiver attached to your Aids or wear a Roger NeckLoop. It’s just basically built in but you’re having to pay for them still.

These are my NHS Aids. (Only one pictured.)

The silver Roger receiver is at the bottom and the green audio shoe, it makes them quite big.

2 Likes

Which model do you have @Zebras ? And could you not get a compatible audio shoe and not the Roger X? I had the Naida V70 before the Marvels and I had a shoe which fitted, it did make the HA much bigger but it looked like one.

@Demerara

The picture shows my HA, it has an audio shoe and Roger X.

It’s a Phonak Sky V70 UP. Basically a Phonak Naida V70 UP.

@Zebras here is one of mine with the Roger receiver … My brain is slightly better today … what I meant was an integrated Roger receiver.

Ah you’ve got a Naida V70 SP.

I tried the integrated receivers but i like to use direct input leads as well so i went back to using Roger X receivers.

Should say i mainly use Phonak Sky M70 SP Aids that i bought myself. They have Bluetooth.

Here is new video about the Roger On:

2 Likes

I’m just starting out with 2 Roger table mic IIs and a roger on as well.

The Roger on sounds great but there is no way it will work in a big room. Using the table mic IIs makes hearing the whole room effortless. Horses for courses I guess. I’d say table mic II for a big room.

Here’s my aid setup:

3 Likes

Love the added purple.

@markyB

I changed mine around yesterday.

:slight_smile:

These are my spare Aids but trying to get them set up really well so I’m wearing them to know what adjustments I need.

2 Likes

Always room for a bit of colour :blush:

I like your moulds. Cool.

1 Like

Thanks @markyB that is very helpful.

Hi! Thanks for your comment. I added two Roger On into the MultiTalker Network, but both of them are in Presenter mode and no way to make in Table mode. Wondering if you have insight about table mode setting?
I also detailed my question here.