Phonak Lumity firmware update 1.0.8.0

It’s because we aren’t the customer.
They sell to the dispenser…

That’s my thought.

DaveL

2 Likes

it appears that the 9.0.1 update will not work in windows 10 … and the aids will not connect to 8,1 after they are updated to 1.0.8 :frowning:

Another good reason to not update unless it’s absolutely necessary, did you try 8.1.2 to see if they connect to that version, target is still saying the Lumity is compatible from 8.1 regardless of the firmware, although I’ve come across this issue with Oticon HAs in the past, as in they wouldn’t connect to older versions of Genie once the firmware was updated.
I’ve installed 9.0.1 on my win10 laptop and it’s running ok.

A couple of things I did notice is that the “trial” hearing aids the period has been extended to 8 weeks and plus they have Roger licence permanently installed, so that’s a bonus.

1 Like

I have both win 10 and 11 running in two different Virtual machines and also win 11 Dual boot. So it is not a problem. I was just passing on my experiences. My main OS in Linux.

By that you mean that the aids came with the licenses installed in them … or that they can’t be transferred to a ON IN or a Select IN ?

Yes that’s correct, they cannot be uninstalled or transferred.

Oh ok I see, I didn’t realise you were on a virtual machine, that makes a difference.

FWIW. These updates are for the Paradise lineup as well

More reliable charging.
More accurate LED behavior.
Improved Bluetooth stability.

1 Like

First test today bluetooth seems to be much better :slight_smile: I can now keep my phone in my back pocket and not have the audio cut out, while outside for a walk.

1 Like

Lumity is not very different from the Paradise version, was there talk about the Paradise update?

What is firmware version for the Paradise firmware?

I just checked with my P90 312 there was no new firmware, version is 1.1.12.0

with my P90 RT there is an update from 1.1.13.0 To 1.1.15.0

1 Like

I was at my audiologist on Friday for a routine visit.

She told me that my paradise 70’s had a firmware upgrade and installed it. They’re now at 1.1.13.0

It wasn’t available at my last appointment which was 6 month’s ago.

1 Like

That is what my audi told me on Friday when I got the firmware update for my Lumity Life aids. I sure hope the BT stability has improved, cuz I’d been having VERRRRRY erratic streaming issues only when watching TV. No issues at all with laptop or cell phone streaming, but going way back to June, I’d go for days without being able to stream both aids to anything watched on TV (DVD or AppleTV).

LOL about Phonak listing everything twice. My problem is with the EARS, not my EYES. Hey, whatever, just do it. Make it work for us.

1 Like

Yes, you lucked out, cuz the firmware update was just (finally!) released on MONDAY of last week according to my audi. I’m guessing that Phonak bundles up all these bugs (charging, streaming issues, etc.,) into ONE firmware update so they don’t have weekly update releases.

Um. Not that ANYONE ever tells US about ANY of these UPDATES. Ever! We have to stumble along for a few months with all kinds of odd issues cropping up, then in frustration, call our audi and then - like a miracle! - we’re told, “Phonak has a firmware update out.”

:person_facepalming:

1 Like

Can I upgrade the lumity firmware or do I have to ask my audiologist to do it?

If I can, how do I do the update?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes you can, but it’s a DIY project, it’ll be easier for someone who doesn’t have everything needed to just get your audiologist to do it.

1 Like

TV Connector doesn’t use Bluetooth

1 Like

Same here. Been unable to update Target 8.1 to 9 under Windows 10. Now also unsure if I want to update my P90 firmware (when offered) and getting into some sort of trap…

How come it only works with the bluetooth hearing aids
It seems to run the battery down on my bluetooth assigned aid more than the other one.