Phonak Lumity firmware update 1.0.8.0

I was at my audiologist on Friday for a routine visit.

She told me that my paradise 70’s had a firmware upgrade and installed it. They’re now at 1.1.13.0

It wasn’t available at my last appointment which was 6 month’s ago.

1 Like

That is what my audi told me on Friday when I got the firmware update for my Lumity Life aids. I sure hope the BT stability has improved, cuz I’d been having VERRRRRY erratic streaming issues only when watching TV. No issues at all with laptop or cell phone streaming, but going way back to June, I’d go for days without being able to stream both aids to anything watched on TV (DVD or AppleTV).

LOL about Phonak listing everything twice. My problem is with the EARS, not my EYES. Hey, whatever, just do it. Make it work for us.

1 Like

Yes, you lucked out, cuz the firmware update was just (finally!) released on MONDAY of last week according to my audi. I’m guessing that Phonak bundles up all these bugs (charging, streaming issues, etc.,) into ONE firmware update so they don’t have weekly update releases.

Um. Not that ANYONE ever tells US about ANY of these UPDATES. Ever! We have to stumble along for a few months with all kinds of odd issues cropping up, then in frustration, call our audi and then - like a miracle! - we’re told, “Phonak has a firmware update out.”

:person_facepalming:

1 Like

Can I upgrade the lumity firmware or do I have to ask my audiologist to do it?

If I can, how do I do the update?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes you can, but it’s a DIY project, it’ll be easier for someone who doesn’t have everything needed to just get your audiologist to do it.

1 Like

TV Connector doesn’t use Bluetooth

1 Like

Same here. Been unable to update Target 8.1 to 9 under Windows 10. Now also unsure if I want to update my P90 firmware (when offered) and getting into some sort of trap…

How come it only works with the bluetooth hearing aids
It seems to run the battery down on my bluetooth assigned aid more than the other one.

Google AirStream technology.

You can use the TV Connector with 1 x HA that isn’t the master Aid.

Yeah it’s unusual, I’ve now updated on 2 PC’s without issue, it must be something obvious?

1 Like

A firmware update won’t have any effect on the Roger Licences loaded on your hearing aids with RogerDirect. So not too worry about reloading the licences back onto your Roger iN Microphone prior to conducting the update.

On a side note regarding firmware updates, there is also a seperate updater software for TV Connectors, Phonak Charger Case Go as well as for the Partner Mic. The update significantly improved the stability of the Phonak Charger Case Go with regards to recharging and I’m sure should have effect on the streaming stability / improved battery life when utilizing the TV Connector if it is out of date.

Picture1

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I’ll take a look.

Welcome to the forum! You’ve helped me a lot.

DaveL

1 Like

How do you find out the latest version of the Lumity software, so you know when to ask your audi for a firmware upgrade?

Is this something the audio can do remotely?

Is this something we can do as owners of our hearing aids?

Thank you.

You should be able to see which firmware/software you have in the phonak app, open the app, click on home, click on devices, click on your hearing aids, software version will be listed… Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks Kev!
Much appreciated.

(My hearing aids are set up right! I have a new dispenser who knows how to do it.)

DaveL

1 Like

Thank you, Kevels55, but how do you know what version Phonak has available, so you know whether you need to upgrade or not?

1 Like

Google it @user1217, then see what version you have, if the version you have is a lower number, than the latest version available, you know you can upgrade :grin: Cheers Kev :grin:

1 Like

@kevels55 I tried to Google the latest firmware version for Lumity firmware and got a lot of bad answers and not a single correct answer. Of course that depends on how you phrase the question and I might not have done a good job of that. Really though, you should not have to Google for the correct answer since the need for a firmware update should appear automatically when the audi (or the DIY er) connects to Target. Probably the best source is this forum because it will be reported by someone pretty quickly.

4 Likes

Yeah @raylock1, the phrasing usually make all the difference, and if you put it in right, you will usually get a correct answer… But, you are spot on, you are likely to hear it first on here, if there is an update available… Personally, I don’t usually bother with updating firmware, I have Target, and Noahlink Wireless, but unless there is a specific problem, I normally leave well alone. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like