Phonak introduces Paradise, a new paradigm in hearing aid sound quality

Yeah for ‘other side’ I can definitely confirm that for marvels, it definitely depends on the other side.

I tested with my friend and my parents. Parents would say that they always hear me ok, just with more or less bg noise depending on my fans, open windows etc.
While friend would complain no matter what I do (I even tried with phone mic + roger) - I have to stop fan and close window, so almost complete silence. Then she says she can hear me loud enough.

My parents have some hearing loss and they say they hear me just fine.
I don’t know what phone friend has, parents have s8 and xperia xa1 or which ever number it was.

My point, I don’t think the aids are guilty one always.

But I’ll definitely check with paradises when they come.

My outdoor streaming issue is only if I move my head around to eg watch the traffic light.

One thing I’m not sure if I’ll like it is this new motion sensor feature. From what I’ve gathered, it only works in noise and loud noise when you walk. And it basically moves focus from front to ‘real ear’ eg omnidirectional subtype.

I’m not sure that I’ll like it. If I’m on loud street, I definitely don’t want even more loudness in my ear.
So unless they did superb noise control, I just can’t see its usefulness.

And it’s not that it seeks who is speaking but just lets all in.

I thought it would be more like that from signia, at least I understood that one that it’s not in loud noise, but any walking.
For example, if I walk in forest or something and there’s a bit of wind, or distance, I’d like that mic focuses on who is speaking (like roger select does), but this from explanations just doesn’t look like that but that it just takes everything nearby you.

However they’ve mentioned that people like that because of localisation, so it might be useful for some hearing loss types and molds maybe.

Or maybe I’m just looking for reasons not to go rechargeable route :joy:

I have been wearing M90 RIC R demos for about 5 days and they work just fine. They haven’t been adjusted other than the built in adjustments made based on your hearing test. I have done pretty much everything (car, golf, yard work, crowds, iPhone, music streaming, etc) but not open field streaming. I will try that when I get a chance and post the results.

I have M90 - interested in P90.

I switched from a Virto to a RIC. Haven’t looked back! Thought it would be less discreet but the reverse has been true. And the RIC has turned out to be a bitter fit for my loss even though I did have a UP receiver on the Virto.

Will look forward to any comments you have about the paradise.

1 Like

LE BT for Android is only available for Google Pixel Phones and maybe the very latest Samsung. So I guess Phonak is not interested in changing until that spec is available in ALL Android phones - - that could be a long time!

Some OnePlus phones are also compatible per the OnePlus forum. It’s very recent, as in earlier this month and may be cell service provider specific.

THANK YOU. I have been waiting to hear that!!

I’m SSD. Which of these new features requires binaural fitting? Will I get any benefits from Dynamic Noise Cancellation or Motion Sensor Hearing if I buy only one Phonak P90-RT?

The Marvel Virto was released 1,5 year after releasing Audeo Marvel, so you have to be very patient to wait for Paradise version… Anyway, maybe RIC version od Paradise (Audeo) isn’t so bad for you? :wink:
I have tried BTE version of Marvel (Bolero), but surprisingly for me it seems Audeo works more perfectly.

1 Like

When I tried the Marvel my parents reported to me many external noise getting into the talking, which was annoying for them. I have just read two reviews of Paradises (googling them, but one of them are at the beginning od this thread) and 2 different people stated that noise and even wind during biking have not been a problem already. So I am glad apparently Phonak improved that issue.

When I’m outside, Marvel connection to the old iPhone I had for a while seemed rock solid whereas my Galaxy s8 sucks (need one of those arm straps for better streaming location). If it’s a classic bluetooth issue I wouldn’t expect it to change with the Paradise.

I’m on iPhone 11 and the issue is pretty annoying. Something tells me that the newer bluetooth chip in the newer phones is harder to play nice with for Marvel’s iteration of bluetooth classic, whereas the older bluetooth is easier to “get along” with. Marvel I believe is running BT 4.2 whereas newer phones are using BT 5. While BT 5 is backwards compatible, it doesn’t surprise me if there’s an issue here. Marvel behaving better with older phones that just had BT 4.2 makes sense - it’s a simpler, more straightforward connection. So in other words, I would say your Galaxy S8 isn’t the issue nor is my iPhone 11 - both of which use BT 5. It’s how Phonak ended up fitting BT in such a small device - they’re using BT 4.2. It still does a great job, but it’s not the latest tech by any means.

1 Like

For anyone who has worn both Paradise and Marvel, have you noticed clearer speech and sounds with the Paradise, when comparing the two?

1 Like

Have you seen Dr Cliff’s review of Phonak Paradise? Here is a link.

I spoke w/ my Future Audi about Paradise and he seemed to think that the new chip that is in the Paradise will improve speech recognition and sounds. Time will tell.

Blacky predicted Paradise delivery in DE on 5 Sep 2020. Any insights on when we will see deliveries in the States?

They are available for order now with audiologists. I have a pair of M70 Audéo P-RT aids on order that will be fitted in late Sept. Essentially they are available now in the states.

Do you mean you’ve got a pair of P70 on order or a pair of M70 on order?

P70, sorry for the typo.

The new Phonak Paradise is coming with BT 4.2 and NOT 5.0, is this correct from what y’all have read or heard ?