Phonak Audeo Sphere Infinio (I90) Review 🍁

Good question. I suppose that, given the photo below, the MAV receiver is too large for such curved earmolds, so that its output is directly in front of the eardrum and not the canal wall…

Can anyone tell me how the size of the Phonak Sphere compares with my current Oticon Engage 85 please?

Nenen_UK, I don’t have any Oticons (I trialed the Intent, but turned it back in), However, I did lay my 2 Phonaks next to the new Sphere and found:

• 312-battery Lumity Life - SMALLEST by FAR; also gives me 5 days of battery life
  • rechargeable Lumity Life - about 12% bigger than the 312s thanks to “waterproofing”; battery only gives me 15 hrs/day of use
  • Spheres - GONZO, about 25% bigger than my 312s and the least battery life of all.

I know you may find my comparison vague, but that’s how the Sphere stacks up against other Phonak models out there. Hope others chime in!

3 Likes

although I’ve not seen them next to any HA type I have, it seems to be the width (thickness) of the Sphere that seems excessive. This could be an issue with those that have ears.

1 Like

Well- for someone like me who is familiar with HA sizes in the 60s and 70s, the shape of the new Phonak models are not too much of an issue.

7 Likes

@RobHooft, indeed. Especially when comparing them with sound processors.

The size of the Engage is bigger then the new Phonak Infinio Sphere , as the Engage is a BTE , where the new Phonak Spere is a RIC.
And for the Phonak you do not need an extra audio shoe and an Roger receiver attached to the aid.
Whereas for the Engage you need to attach an special battery door that you can attach an shoe and onto the shoe you attach an extra Roger receiver. So the Engage becomes very bulky behind the ears, if you want to use a Roger microphone.

grafik

4 Likes

While I’d toyed with the idea of a facelift at my age, perhaps an EAR extension would make more sense. :smirk:

3 Likes