Philips HearLink 9050 to hit Costco soon? With similar tech to Oticon Intent?

Might be just what they have in stock at the moment at your particular Costco!

She says possibly in future but right now not available

Excited that the Philips 9050 is now at Costco. One Hearing Tracker member reported that the BTE version is not yet available. Can anyone verify this? Maybe it is just at his Costco? Also, looking forward to reviews!

2 Likes

It is probably too early to know, but I would like to know about connectivity with android phones.

3 Likes

Back from Costco where I was her first 9050 sale. If by BTE you mean the hearing aid with the thick hook that goes behind the ear into a custom mold then no she said they are not available yet. She looked it up. I purchased the standard behind the ear with in the In ear canal receiver. First thing is that the charger has a battery so you can take the charger as a battery backup to recharge the HA up to 3 times she said. For my 9040 I had to purchase that separately. Price also went down $100. So $1499. I paid $300 for my travel battery charger (which this one includes as the main charger) So it is $400 less than what I paid 16 months ago for the 9040. Same warrantee/return policy etcā€¦ as always.
Has the one button instead of rockers. Right is up volume, left is down on short push. Long push right moves forward thru programs, left moves backward thru programs. One neat feature is that when connected to your phone you can just tap twice your EAR to accept the call and then tap twice your EAR to end it. You dont have to touch the HA. She called me and had me try it out.

6 Likes

They are wider and shorter as everyone knows but they actually fit my ear better. I use the Starkey domes because the regular domes are to soft/small and lets the receiver touch my ear which bothers me. The 9050 fits me better. The 9040 sort of moved on my ear and I was always pushing it back towards my head. I was always pushing the receiver back in my ears. Like this better they fill the space behind my ears better. First impressions was it was quieter. Seemed alot of ambient noise was absent. After wearing them for a few hours sounds are more life like/real than the 9040. Hard to explain on general I am hearing more ā€œnormalā€.

3 Likes

Really sound good so far. I can tell the difference. I have all the documentation if you want me to look something up. They only come with rechargeable battery model, no disposable batteries.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting!

Fwiw, the portable charger for my new-ish 9040s lasts a week or more with daily use. I wear 14-16 hours a day, streaming something most of it. The charger gets down to 1 of 3 LEDs after 7 or 8 days. The 9050s will be at least this good.

I just got back from picking up my repaired Jabras and have an appointment for the 9050s next weekend. Did you ever try the Jabra? Iā€™m finding they are very tinny, and listening to music is terrible. I tried the 9040 in store and thought they sounded too good to be true, like I was missing higher frequencies. I figured Iā€™d get used to the haves over time, that my brain would tune out the unnatural sounds but that never happened.

1 Like

The Phillips 9040 were very natural sounding to me. The 9050 sound even better.

2 Likes

Of course, everyone wants to know how much better they are in a noisy situation?

1 Like

Anyone get theirs at Costco and willing to review?

1 Like

I got them yesterday and wearing them today. I can say my initial impression is correct. Everything is quieter. Iā€™m only hearing what I need to hear which is kind of strange but everything sounds very natural. I guess receiver is a little different because of the thickness, so theyā€™re actually so much more comfortable for me to wear. Iā€™m so glad I made the upgrade. Iā€™m not in a noisy situation, but will let you know when I do. And the Bluetooth is bulletproof. Havenā€™t had any drops listening to music or on phone calls. I can walk away from my phone pretty good distance and it still works connected great. Before if I had the phone in my pocket, the connection would pop in and out. I have an iPhone 15

8 Likes

Thanks. Go to a bar and let me knowā€¦lol

1 Like

When you say ā€˜tinnyā€™, is that with the so-called ā€˜musicā€™ program? Thanks.

Hi, when I say tinny Iā€™m thinking of those old headphones that would come with a Walkman. If you had music playing but they were just on the table, not on your ears, it didnā€™t have any bass. My audiologist suggested turning up the base and lowering treble in the app to help. Thereā€™s no specific music program.

I have a question about these 9050 aidsā€¦
Do they use different programs that require manual switchingā€¦ so does the wearer have to push a button of open an app when they walk into a noisey bar room situation after being in a quiet dining room for example?
or does the aid automatically sense and do the change itself?

You have to long press the single button on either hearing aid. The right button moves 1,2,3,4 And the left button moves programs backward.

ok thanks, so itā€™s just like the oticon aids I trialed 5 years ago.

For me, this is also the feature that is most attractive. At month 4, I realized that the 9040s were helping me hear, but I could not tolerate holding my phone in front of my face every time I had a call. With simple earbuds, I can carry on a conversation, hands free. So, I returned the HAs at the end of the 6 month period, planning to get the 9050s, which are now at my Costco. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 and I really donā€™t want to get an iPhone. I plan to upgrade to the Galaxy S24, but Iā€™d like to confirm that it will connect for hands free calling with the 9050sā€“thus far I have only met with innuendo!

2 Likes