Philips HearLink 9050 to hit Costco soon? With similar tech to Oticon Intent?

https://www.hearingsolutions.philips.com/en-us/hearing-aids/hearing-aids/minirite-50

3 Likes

9050 is simply the top level of the 50 series. They go 50, 70, 90, and Costco only carries the 9050.

2 Likes

Just went to Costco this morning ā€“ 9050 still not available although Philips is listing them on their website as available at Costco - hope they arrive soon - getting hearing test in one month

2 Likes

I talked to an HCP at the local Costco hearing aid center today. They were both aware of the Phillips 9050s and confirmed that they were coming soon.

1 Like

I went to Costco in Glenview, IL yesterday, 8/27,and one of the staff said 9050s would be available today - 8/28.

5 Likes

Iā€™m curious how you know that it is a lower level. I thought Costco only carries the top level.

2 Likes

He didnā€™t say that. 9050 is the top level of the 50 series. Was at Costco today and they confirmed that they are available starting today. Person I talked to said the main difference from previous model was that they charged more quickly. Hopefully there are more improvements than that.

4 Likes

I was in my Costco today here in Houston. The 9050s are in!

4 Likes

Wow, so instead of charging overnight they will be able to chargeā€¦overnight?

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember charging time. Perhaps 1 1/2 hrs? Not at all sure. However partial charging times is what could really matter. If one can get several hours worth of use off of 10 or 15 minutes of charging, that could add a lot of flexibility.

3 Likes

There are alot more differences than charging time according to the information out there currently. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10am to check them out. I currently have the 9040.

1 Like

Here is the link to the hearing club announcement:

1 Like

Just happened to be on youtube and the Costco reviewer guy said the 9050s were now in, fyiā€¦

1 Like

Yes they have them as of today. I have an appointment at 10am at costco to get a new hearing test and possibly purchase them. Costco confirmed they started selling them today.

1 Like

Is a BTE version available?

1 Like

Angel, be sure and let us know your opinion of the 9050 after you get to see and test them.

3 Likes

I asked the dr at costco she said no BTE
Receiver has to be encased in a mold.

Iā€™m here now at costco being fitted so if you got any other questions you should ask

1 Like

Do I understand you to say they do not have Behind the Ear styles of the 9050 available? Is that just the stock at your store? Are they only selling in ear molds?

Yes they have the receiver in the canal not the one with the hook that needs the custom molds with thick tubing