Paid Research Opportunities for Hearing Aid Users

Wondering why this conversation hasn’t been touched upon since July 2022. Is all of this over, now that I’ve signed up? Also wondering if getting ten dollar gift cards will affect my Social Security Disability. Hmm. Maybe I should just UN sign up. I have a mortgage to worry about.

We have run a number of studies. For whatever reason, it seems all our activities thus far have involved recruiting participants with mild hearing loss for OTC related projects. However, after all this time we’re getting a new project together with Vanderbilt University, the University of Colorado, and the University of Pretoria… and will be inviting every single person who signed up to participate.

1 Like

That’s cool to hear. I remember getting one survey or something once a while ago. Had forgotten about this :wink:

Well I’m hoping I get an invite for the survey! We need CINDERBLOCK perspectives on hearing-related issues too, I’m thinking…

And I am the Cinderblock Queen - I reign supreme. :person_with_crown:

1 Like

Hey, I just read this, filled out the short form, checked “PROFOUND” … and will likely be drumming fingers till the day anyone wants to hear from the likes of me.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Firefox was successful on the first try for me today. Thanks.

1 Like

I precipitated in 3 or 4 and have never been PAID !

I guess only some are paid.

I can assure you that we do actually run a number of paid studies. We use Amazon for processing gift cards… However, I will say that not all people who sign up are invited to every project. Some of that is random, and some of it is due to restrictions on who may be invited to projects. Projects are often looking for specific individuals with specific hearing loss levels or geography, etc. As proof, here’s a snapshot from Amazon…

1 Like

So far, I haven’t been asked. I guess I don’t fit the profiles they were looking for.