Paid Research Opportunities for Hearing Aid Users

So far we have not had any projects outside the US, but that does not mean we never will.

I think that if you post something like this, you should prominently include your company name and location to verify you are bona fide and mention the amount of pay and how and when it is provided. One should not be required to go to a web site and fill out a form BEFORE getting this kind of information.

I do see by your web site that you are part of hearingtracker.com so whatā€™s the problem with saying that?

We work with a number of companies, research institutes, universities, etc that are trying to reach consumers with hearing loss for research purposes. We do not share the personal information you fill into the form, but do recruit for these entities using your information. Typically the researching entity does not ask for your name, etc, and we pay participants by connecting their survey completion to a unique code stored on our end. This maintains a layer of privacy and also means we (Hearing Tracker) donā€™t see any of the responses you add on surveys we invite you to. In other words, your responses cannot be connected back to you as an individual. Some studies do ask you to identify yourself, like interview-style qualitative research, and in those situations, this is indicated. We typically do not state who is conducting research, because typically the entities wish to remain anonymous so as not to introduce survey bias. Participants may review the terms of any study they wish to participate in prior to opting in and completing a survey / interview, as the email invites we send include any unique information pertaining to the research. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Some people have participated in multiple studies already, and some none. I basically go through and try to find people that match the inclusion and exclusion criteria indicated for each individual study and then send out the invites. So, you arenā€™t really ā€œchosenā€ so much as included in some studies but not others.

Hi, Abram, Iā€™d enjoy being in a study if there are any available at present. I am 82 and have worn hearing aids since my 40s. I am fortunate that my loss has progressed quite slowly. I am pretty dependent on my hearing aids, but I get a lot of benefit from them. --Steve

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if I would qualify or not, but Iā€™m interested. Iā€™ve been single sided deaf for 26 years and I have worn a CROS hearing aid for about one week during that time a few years back. The hearing aid provider abruptly ended the trial since I wanted them to make some adjustments to the programming. In about two weeks, I am starting another trial on a Phonak Audeo Paradise CROS hearing aid. If I would be considered, let me know.

I am wondering if we will be hearing from them? :laughing:

So. Tell me when these researches want to reach out to folks like me with cinderblock ears! Iā€™d love to participate in any study or trial for a device targeted to the DEAF but still LIVING!
:wink:

1 Like

Still looking for participants?

Submitted. As long as my private email is for this purpose onlyā€¦

I am suspicious. Is this some sort of advertising scam? Has anyone participated in this and actually gotten money?

DON

Not a scam, hereā€™s the place where we send rewards from

1 Like

Nope - not a scam. I signed up several months ago and was sent a survey once. I think I got like a $10 Amazon card. Would love to do more :wink:

1 Like

I never heard back from anyone so I guess they donā€™t need anymore subjects?

2 Likes

We recruit for projects as we get them. Things have been a little quiet lately, but weā€™ve had some really busy times with multiple projects going simultaneouslyā€¦ I expect to run at least one project next month :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome! I just signed up. I have profound hearing loss and Iā€™ve worn hearing aids for decades now. Itā€™s been awesome seeing how things have evolved over the years. My go-to audiologist is retired soon, so Iā€™m poking around and finally finding communities online. Iā€™m a front-end dev so Iā€™m extremely computer/tech savvy too. Hopefully some more research opportunities come out in the future, paid or not I would love to help influence the future of hearing aids!

I signed up immediately, and havenā€™t heard from them since.

I guess Iā€™m not what they are looking for.

You know thereā€™s a bridge in Brooklyn thatā€™s been for sale for quite a while now

2 Likes

I thought Chris Christie bought da bridge as a back door to NYC for campaigning? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Sold! Too bad. I was going to buy it with the money Iā€™m getting from the Nigerian Prince.

1 Like