Oticon TV Adapter 3.0 with Intents - Only Right Ear?

I have Oticon Intent 1’s and three TV Adapter 3.0’s. One of the TV Adapters works fine and streams to both ears. The other two TV Adapters only stream to my right ear. Streaming bluetooth from my phone works fine.

I’ve tried repairing multiple times and using optical and RCA cables. In the app, when I switch to the TV Adapter program and select the appropriate TV Adapter, it immediately connects to the right ear and the left ear is spinning/not connecting. When I switch to another program (non-TV Adapter), both ears connect just fine. So, the microphone is working but not the connection to the TV Adapter. I thought it may be the left hearing aid but it works with one of the TV Adapters.

I do have the ability to leverage Genie 2 and try to debug through DIY.

Any ideas?

I have 2 TV adapters and I found that will pairing my aids to one TV adapter i had to remove the power from the other one.

Ok. So I tried that and it didn’t work. I then removed all of the TV Adapters from the programming in Genie 2. The first one paired perfectly. The second one, again, only paired the right. Then the original one only worked in the right.

:angry:

Have you tried resetting the TV adapters.

Remove the power from the TV adapter. Give it about 30 seconds to a minute without power. There is a small red button on the back of the TV adapter, hold it in while repowering the TV adapter, this should reset the TV adapter. The led should be red at first with the red button still held in. After releasing the red button give the adapter about a minute then try pairing the aids to the adapter. Beyond this i don’t have anything else i can add.

As you have Genie 2, I would first use the updater to check to see if the TV adapters have the current firmware. I have one really old one (came with OPN aids) and a 6 month old one (delivered with my Real aids) - they have different firmware levels and the old one was updated at least once to fix issues. It shows as current with the firmware that is older than the newer unit version.

Next I would reset the adapter (hold down the setup button for more than 5 seconds) and then re-pair the aids with the adapter. Test with only one adapter powered. If it works with the aids, unpowered the adapter and repeat for the next one. The reset/re-pair is covered in the “Removing a user/clear pairings” section in the Instructions for use (page 36 in the book delivered with my new adapter).

With my Real 1 aids, I have to use the Companion app to select the adapter if more than on is powered up and has a signal (I’m using TosLink for both). You can name the adapter in the app as you wish (pencil icon).

2 Likes

Hi,
i‘ve an issue with my tv Adapter 3.0 since 1 year.
It‘y flashing red, after seconds the sound is working again with green light.
This happens for about 10 minutes and then its mostly working well.
I guess its a wireless problem with another device maybe caused by my neighbour or or or i tryed a new TV Adapter but same issue.
Before it worked for about 5 yesrs.