Oticon Own launched in Europe

A new Oticon hearing aid has been launched in Europe, called Oticon Own. It is an ITE model. A step ahead of Oticon OPN, but I don’t know how it relates to Oticon More platform.
Check it out here:

Oticon Own

The press release:

https://pressreleases.responsesource.com/news/103085/new-tiny-hearing-aids-launch-with-superior-sound-and-customised/?utm_source=hearingtracker.com&utm_source=hearingtracker.com&utm_medium=newsletter

I wonder if any of the Oticon group could comment on this.

Well they do have the DDN AI so they must be using the More processor chip. But I am not able to pull up the full details. I keep being routed to the US Oticon site even when I ask for the over seas sides.

Oticon “Own More” coming soon :rofl:

1 Like

I’m probably wrong in saying it’s only being launched in Europe, because it’s being advertised on their global website.

“Oticon Own is the world’s first in-the-ear hearing aid with an on-board Deep Neural Network (DNN) powered by our most advanced platform, Polaris. The DNN is trained with 12 million real-life sound scenes.”
This description does sound like the description of the More platform.

1 Like

Oticon always releases in Europe before the USA. I am just hoping they release here before the November VA contract is signed. And also Oticon seem to release the ITE aids for the latest MINIRITE just before they release a new MINIRITE platform, so we should see a new platform early next year.

I’m attaching the specs pages for the non Bluetooth size 10 CIC. If you go down the page you get to the specs download pages:

Oticon Own™

Completely-in-the-Canal (CIC)

https://www.oticon.global/hearing-aid-users/hearing-aids/products/product-details?productId=487311

Technical data sheet

I’ll attach the pages for the Oticon Own™
In-the-Canal (ITC) battery 312 separately below.

Oticon Own™ In-the-Canal (ITC) battery 312 Bluetooth enabled

https://www.oticon.global/hearing-aid-users/hearing-aids/products/product-details?productId=487323

The specs page is here:

Technical data sheet

1 Like

HMm; No streaming for Own’s. :thinking: Oh, I guess I read the chart wrong? Maybe Optional?

The CIC no streaming but the ITC does have streaming from the tech sheet.

1 Like

The ITE 312 battery has this:

Everyday use

Seamless connectivity

“Enjoy a wealth of connectivity opportunities, like streaming music, talking on the phone and using Oticon ON app to control the hearing aids. Bluetooth wireless technology makes it all possible.

Hands-free communication

Make hands-free calls by streaming the sound from your phone or other device directly to your hearing aids, using the microphones in the hearing aids to capture your voice.”

The CIC #10 battery does not have streaming, and would not be able to be fitted or programmed remotely. It will not have the ON app.

The ITE size 312 battery will have remote programming ability and have the ON app.

1 Like

Some of us prefer the ITE aids over the MiniRite aids, I wore the ITE aids for years, while I like the More1 aids, if I could have gotten the More1 aids in the ITE aids I would have preferred them.

1 Like

I was hoping that Oticon would launch More SuperPower BTE aid this month. I checked Oticon website and they have launched Oticon Siya, Oticon Jet and Oticon Geno BTE Plus Power aids. But none seem to have DNN onboard.

2 Likes

I wish they wouldn’t pick model names that are common words like More and Own. It makes it hard to google them.

At the moment, I don’t think you will find any information from google on the Oticon Now. The references I’ve posted above contain all the information available , which is quite substantial, because I’ve posted the technical data pages from Oticon’s website for the CIC (no Bluetooth or streaming) and the ITE (Bluetooth with streaming).

I wish I could find the fitting range of the half and full shell

Do you have a vpn service that will drop an endpoint in Europe? I can see google results about it (oticon own fitting range) but when I select them, nothing like the google result is on the page. More, exceed, etc.

The truth is out there. Perhaps one of our friends on the forum may dig it up for you.

WH

1 Like

I wish I did and I have the same issues. I would need them to be able to have the 100dB receivers before I could wear them successfully

Are you able to read the technical data sheet for ITC, ITE, Half shell, ITE Full Shell or are you blocked from accessing the website?

https://wdhimages.azureedge.net/damfilesprod/aa2ebb16627343a2b45fae9100880146/pep/249377UK_TD_Oticon_Own_ITC_ITE_HS_FS.pdf

I can post a pdf file of it for you of you’d like. I sent the pdf files to your message inbox.

1 Like

Nice. That works for me. Bet Chuck will be happy seeing it. TY

WH

1 Like