Oticon Own launched in Europe

As far as I understand from my audiologist at the moment they will be releasing only an in-air option, it will not be replacing the Oticon More in the near future.
Thx for the Info

Wow thank you so much you made my day

1 Like

From the technical data they will have the same power levels as the older OPN ITE aids. I believe that it will take the 100dB receivers for my needs. I may never get them but I sure can check into it once the VA has them on it’s contract.

I guess you meant in-ear option (not in-air). Yes. This is the Oticon More for the CIC, ITE, half shell and full shell versions. It is based on the current More platform and there is no suggestion of an update form Oticon More. They are just giving it a different name, and I’m sure that is just for marketing reasons, but it remains an Oticon hearing aid based on the More sound Polaris platform.

I think release for dispensers will be after the German EUHA hearing conference in Cologne 12-14 October.https://www.euha.org/en/

1 Like

This makes sense, as it uses the polaris platform. They are fairly similar, I would think.

WH

1 Like

From the technical data the OWN1 has the same specs as the More1 just an ITE package.

The OWN aids are now on the USA Oticon website

2 Likes

There are several reviews of the Oticon Own hearing aid (Oticon more in the ear) on YouTube.

I’m wondering if anyone could comment on the hearing advantage of the ITE which has two microphones versus the CIC which has one microphone.

Also wondering if there could be a comment on whether I should get the 90 dB or could I manage with a 75 dB microphone / receiver / booster; and what sort of difference would these 75 versus 90 dB microphones make to the heating experience.