Oticon Opn. Rebooting randomly

Has anyone had a problem with the Opns restarting randomly? Sometimes it’s the right and sometimes the left but never both at the same time. Some days only once and some days up to 11 times.
These are my second set as I had the same problem with the first set. Could something in the house be causing this? A router, wireless phones?

My first pair did that; new ones much better. I suspect it’s a bug in the firmware - nothing you do should affect them what way. Your Audi should contact Oticon and push them on this

I’ve been trialing Oticon Opns for about a month and have this issue. At least, I think I do. It especially happens when moving from one room or sound environment to the next. It’s not a full reboot, since you don’t hear the startup tones. But, they go completely quiet and about 5 seconds later, begin hearing background noises again. It’s also random and doesn’t always happen, but when it does, it can also happen when just sitting in the same spot with no change in the sound environment. I talked to my audi and she is checking with Oticon.

With a reboot, you’d definitely hear the startup tones from the affected aid; sounds like something different (and something not previously reported here). Will be interesting to hear what your audi/Oticon says.

Mine is definitely a reboot, same as my second pair. I’m making a list of every time they do this. Fantastic hearing aids but they gotta fix this. I’ll be talking to my Audi later this week…

I have had mine for little over a month, never had that problem.

I’ve never experienced a random reboot with startup tone. There are times when I feel something has momentarily happened but I can’t pinpoint it. My tinnitus can be variable and may be part of the equation for me. I’m still experiencing a random fluttering from side-to-side during calls and when streaming. The latest iOS 9.3.3 made no difference. I’m fairly sure it’s not the iPhone 6S because I also stream to a couple of car audio systems with no issues ever. I recently gave feedback to my audiologist and she is contacting Oticon for an answer.

I don’t have OPN’s but both my Vigo Pros and Agil Pros randomly reboot from time to time.

I have a WiFi router and several cell phones home and never experienced rebooting with my OPNs.

Thanks for the response. I’ll get in touch with my Audi and give her a copy of the log of my second set. I’ve been keeping track of when they reboot.

My left demo OPN has randomly rebooted, then plays the song. Annoying. I doubt it has to do with any wireless signals. My right demo has a crackling sound when I speak loud sometimes Extremely annoying. different molds, same thing. Normal? Mic overload? Fault?

Ge the Audiologist to swap them out - sounds like your demos are either early production ones or have had a hammering.

I’m already on replacements and have had 6 reboots in the past two days (3 within 10 minutes of each other). They are pristine (as were the first pair), worn in different environments (Oregon and Virginia), never wet, never dropped, not doing strange things with button presses or even streaming music. There must be a subtle hardware or firmware (v1.0) bug. The reboots don’t bother me much this early in my ownership, but I am a bit concerned that Oticon get ahead of this and find/fix the problem.

Marc, I agree with your view on early ownership. Ideally it should work before being sent to market but that no longer happens. If tech companies don’t rush it out the door the concern I think is that it will be old and out dated before it recoups development costs. My wife tells me I expect more from my tech devices than most folks. She says most wouldn’t even notice it probably as an issue. With my fluttering problem I think that I will continue being the “squeaky wheel” until it gets taken care of.

There are a few of us with high expectations of such an expensive device. I am also one of them. My audiologist knows and tries very hard. On that note I was in the office the OPN was introduced and the rep was showing audiologist how to set up. I was the first demo recipient. No way of knowing what kind of beta device my demo pair actually is but now I had a number of more reboots and they are going back tomorrow for the time being. Maybe there are some updates by the time I am ready after a few more demo’s of different units.

Visited my audiologist and got my set swapped out. It is a known problem, apparently with early units (?). To the credit of my audi this was the 5th visit and I was not expecting to leave with a set demo’s again with yet another set of settings and proof that this will not happen to the set I would purchase. More in another thread.

I’m now on my third set and they work lie a charm. Oticon and my Audi have been fantastic working through the problem. We also used a complete different computer and a fresh program. There may have been an issue with the first computer setup, (who knows). In any event, I have had these for a week and no rebooting. The Bluetooth sync as well holds better with my iPad…

I’ve had my Opns since the beginning of July, no problems at all (knock on wood). My usual batteries are Powerones. Yesterday I stared using a pack of the Mercury-free Powerones that the Audi had given me. All of a sudden I’m getting reboots and chimes every 10-15 minutes, sometimes right, sometimes left. I changed back to the regular batteries and things are back to normal. I don’t have a micrometer, but to my eye the Mercury-free may be just a little different. I’ll have to let my Audi know.

That is very​ interesting. I ordered some Rayovacs from the forum sponsor to see if it makes any difference for my issue…

I’m now on my third set of Opns and they are still rebooting! I’m going to try to find some of the older batteries with mercury and see if that makes the difference as mentioned above.