Oticon Opn | New firmware v6

Hello everybody!
Today, when I was doing my settings in Genie, I noticed there’s new firmware available for Opns.
Does anybody know something about this?

1 Like

Some info here:

@Um_bongo ?

V5 is what is on current models, I assume V6 will accompany the Autumn release and Genie 2.x with the ITE forms and Siya product line.

1 Like

It’s v5 installed on my Opns and Genie says there’s a new one firmware availible. So, I think it could be v6, but there’s no any information about this.

And yes, there are new forms already availibled with new Genie.

I’m not surre about what update is available but noticed in the Oticon iOS app there is a screen that says this:

As mentioned in the other thread Genie 2018.2 will do the v6.0 upgrade to the Opns.

After upgrading my OPN1s to FW 6, my aids won’t connect to my Android phones for using Oticon On version 1.9.

My Samsung J7V (Android 7 fully updated) will not pair the aids.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Android 8) will not pair either, but at least gives an error message to check the settings on the HAs.

Both phones worked OK with Oticon On version 1.8.1 and OPN1 FW 5. Have others experienced this issue?

I can only see v 1.8.1 in the Play Store. It could be that there is no update available for me with Android 6. I assume you got v 1.9 of the Oticon ON app from the Play Store? I was never able to make 1.8.1 work reliably with OPN1 FW 5 but I loaded FW 6 and thought I would try again.

You might try deleting all data in the Bluetooth system app data in app settings. You will lose all your phone’s Bluetooth pairings if you do that. Worked for me once or twice.

In the Play Store I saw 1.9 then a star. I thought that was a new version, but it is apparently a rating. It is version 1.8.1.

I did delete all my caches multiple times and finally got the HAs to pair to my Samsung J7v. Even paired, though, Oticon On just sits there spinning but not connecting. Resetting or reinstalling Oticon On doesn’t help.

Perhaps I’ll buy a Connect Clip. I wonder if our Android Connect Clip owners have experienced fewer Bluetooth issues than they did with Oticon ON.

That was my solution. the CC can do the remote control functions, stream from any Bluetooth device, and act as your call control/microphone with phone. Also has capability of using internal microphone as alternative to HA mics. Mine has reliably worked and I have not had Bluetooth issues with phone, generic TV streamer, or computer audio. Recommended.

Version 1.9 of the Android Oticon On app has appeared in the Play Store and it works with my OPN1s just updated to FW v6. This is the first time I have been able to get the app to work with my phone. My phone is running Android 6. The 1.9 app recommends Android v7 or later.

Edit: Nope. Not viable on my phone. When you get it paired and connected it will work. If you then walk out of Bluetooth range and then return the aids will not reconnect to the app. Have to do the open/close door dance. Uninstalled.

Looks like they broke something in the Bluetooth software. I’m running Android 6.01 After having the HA’s upgraded to ver6 and I have problems connecting to my Note4 which had worked perfectly fine with ver 5. On my phone I see 8 different bluetooth settings for the HA’s. This did not happen on version 5. Now Oticon tells me my phone is not supported!!! Also version 6 had fixed the loud sounds from resetting the HA’s, but now they just reset loud sound or not. Now they tell me that the HA’s have a problem and need to be replaced??? This only happened after the version 6 upgrade, so much for software updates. They break something and all of the Android phones are the problem. I regret ever getting them!!!