Oticon ON App updated to Version 2.0

They said: I don"t care what would you like. Like or not, use this or not. I don’t care anything.

Again I have to disagree they are being honest. And they are right if you are that dissatisfied then you do need to look elsewhere

2 Likes

We agree to disagree

1 Like

The OpenSound Booster was part of the previous version of the app and just worked more quickly and smoothly than it does now. There are no additions to the app, just the removal of things like firmware information.

1 Like

I had no idea that the OpenSound Booster was in the previous version of the App!

So the update version for me was a real positive in that regard.

Thanks for clarifying it.
You have been mentioning the Genie 2 software in your reply and in other of your postings.
I downloaded it but did not install it because my hearing aids are actually loaners to try them out before I decide to keep them).
Did you install it on your phone or did the audi do it?
If it is for adjusting the settings of a specific auxiliary device, like the TV Adapter, can it also adjust the ConnectClip?
Does it work separate of the Oticon ON (without interference)?

You will need the hardware interface between your OPN and the PC before Genie 2 can recognize your OPN on your PC. That’s what your audi has and when they program the OPN for you, they use Genie 2 just like I do.

Genie 2 is not installed on the phone. It’s installed on a Windows PC.

It’s for adjusting just about everything on your OPN, not just for the TV Adapter and ConnectClip adjustment.

It doesn’t care or has anything to do with the Oticon ON app. It’s mainly for programming, while the ON app is for users to use after all the programming is done.

Thanks.
By the way, I am using the ConnectClip to listen to webinars, online news, music etc streaming from my Windows 10 laptop. While I don’t have the problem with the volume adjustment, the quality of the sound is not as good as if I use the Phonac Brio + ComPilot. Can the Genie 2 help to improve it?

I have found the issue to be windows 10. I have both windows 10 and a MACBOOK and the Mac sounds a lot better when I stream using my connect clip.

Not really. As seen below, Genie 2 can help set the default Remote Mic loudness, and the regular mic volume with respect (relative to) the Remote Mic loudness. It can also help set the Sound Quality from Fuller (warmer) to Brighter. BUT, this is for the Remote Mic on the ConnectClip, NOT for the streaming quality of the ConnectClip itself.

I really don’t have any sound quality issue with the ConnectClip when I stream from anything, be it my Samsung Note 8 or my Windows 10 laptop or my Nvidia Shield TV or my Vava 4K TV Projector. So I’m not sure why you have sound quality on your ConnectClip.

I do find that the ConnectClip volume range varies widely between the devices. For example, with my Windows 10 laptop, I can adjust its volume down to only 2 (out of 100) and I can still hear the streaming sound from the ConnectClip fairly well. But with my Samsung Note 8, I’d have to almost put it to full volume most of the times to get adequate volume streamed to my ConnectClip.

The new App is unstable and not user friendly. It is not designed to answer the needs of a person with hearing loss. The streaming section cannot be adjusted to lower the volume to a comfortable level. Many ares need correction.

1 Like

Previous version’s program selector was user friendly.

This is S**T. Always need to slide. The selected program disappear. Stupid man made this who never ever wear, never ever seen any hearing aids and of course never ever used this app before… and now too. Useless.

1 Like

Just got the update last week for my Android (android 8 9). Previous version was fantastically stable for me, hearing aids always connected and able to view volume level and change programs easily on the fly. Since the update, I am constantly losing connection. Cycling the aids, rebooting the phone, doesn’t help at all. Remove the app, reboot, reinstall, pair aids, connection lasts for the day maybe and then back in the same situation.

For the update to ON 2.0, it was after the December security update that it was available.

edit: corrected Android OS version, it’s 9, not 8 as I initially thought.

Found a fix for the troubles I posted earlier, disconnects, etc. of the aids to the app.

From settings and apps, I’ve found I’m able to locate Oticon On where I have the options to uninstall or to Force Stop. When I have a disconnect, I use the force stop option, reload the app and I’m back in business.

This is for Android 9, not 8 as I thought earlier.

1 Like

Hello, I’m new here, and have been having issues with the Android ON update. I was able to roll the app back to the previous version per the suggestion in the linked forum posts. It didn’t solve my problem, but may at least let you go back to the simpler interface. I’ve no idea if the update will force itself back into your phone.

Here, scroll down a few replies: Oticon ON App: Android, complex issue