Oticon ON App updated to Version 2.0

I find this disappointing, live listen was removed from the new Signia app too.

:slight_smile: These all of brands follow each other into stupidity.

1 Like

Actually, I looked at the new Phonak update mobile features and they did pretty well with it.

One of the worst failures of the new Oticon ON app is it no longer tells you what firmware you have. Other than changing the graphical interface (which seems intended to confuse their mostly elderly customer base) there seems to be no added features or benefits. I’m wondering if this app is a result of the hacking situation they faced earlier? It seems more malicious than helpful.

2 Likes

I agree, and I did a review on the App Store to say that the new app is a step back to a version one beta, and not a move forward to make our lives better. I recommended that Oticon find a new bunch of developers to do their iPhone apps.

1 Like

I Off Loaded the basically useless ON APP on both iPhone and iPad. When I took the App out of the cloud, it automatically opened in the updated version - totally useless now with out serial numbers and firmware info.

1 Like

Also, I notice it takes several times longer now for the HA’s to connect to the app. I used to be pretty impressed with the speed compared to my previous Phonak HAs. Now the Oticons are not only very slow, the app often starts with an error message saying they can’t connect. Then it’s a very slow process.

2 Likes

I still use the app because I use my Apple Watch as a remote for my aids. And it is something hard to know if the app on my watch is truly connected or not, it I’ll show connected but really isn’t. I will continue to use it and hope Oticon finds a new set of developers

1 Like

Just noticed that the original app was always stayed connected in the background. Now, the new one just loose connection after ~5 min if I switch to any other

2 Likes

Yesterday the app and connection just started bugging out on me. Randomly raising and lowering volume and then this message. I full forget device and reboot seems to have fixed it but to me it just looks like an indication there are deeply embedded issues yet to appear. Arghhh!

It does it to me every once in a while

ON app is silly. After wearing OPNs for a few years, I do everything directly on the aids instead of finding and fumbling with my iPhone.

1 Like

I can do the volume but not the programs I have custom ITE aids. No program buttons

The new version of Oticon On seems to offer pretty much the same as the old one as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps a little bit better in layout leading to better understanding?

I do like the addition of the OpenSound Booster. I hope that future update versions of Oticon ON App offer additional features such as this capability!

Anything that offers increased control over my aids is very much appreciated. Are you listening Oticon? :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be honest no they are not. I have written my review of the app in the App Store, and their comment was a canned reply that means nothing. I complained about the previous version of the app and they did this new one just the opposite of what people were asking for.

1 Like

Although, I don’t know the history , but I could never agree to be treated like this and Oticon reply is totally not accepted!

I do agree with. The new app is useless and more hard to change programs. It may look better but not user friendly

I agree with Oticon’s reply, why? Not every hearing aid is right for every person. And the companies know that.
Oticon isn’t right for some people that do not have the same hearing loss in both ears. And some people just cannot handle the 360 degrees of sound coming at them.
For me I love the 360 degrees of sound, I do not have the issues with hearing that I had with directional focused aids. But I am very technical and I also have learned over my 15 years with hearing aids and my life to be flexible. And I have learned because I have had to to rethink myself and retrain myself into several different professions.

4 Likes

I agree with you . But The way the reply written is like”hay you don’t deserve our product, find yourself some other cheap one” . While they can easily write reply same as you stated as “ Our product may not be suitable for some people “
Both have the same meaning with much lower tone.