Oticon ON App not updating HearingFitness usage data

I just hope it is a real improvement this time and not just a minor refresh

Chuck, where in Oticonā€™s SugarTown Spam-O-Rama is this announcement? (Sorry - Iā€™m genuinely FB-illiterate!)

It was on of the Oticon ads I get from time to time no real information just that the update is coming soon. I believe it may have to be due to the big update to IOS14 that is due this next week or two.

1 Like

@cvkemp: Thanks for the heads up on those updates, Chuck.

[I apologize for my rabidly anti-FB attitude. Iā€™ll try to rein it in, in the futureā€¦:zipper_mouth_face:.]

1 Like

Today is the first day it has worked since the data stopped appearing on my phone last week. All the data appeared for the period there was not data except for yesterday? Hard to understand how it functions.

1 Like

April 29 '21/update Is anyone else experiencing problems with the new app failing to update usage data?

(Mine was acting ā€œbalkyā€ this morning for a couple of hours, but seems to be working now ā€¦)

Actually my app hasnā€™t worked better, I havenā€™t had any issues with the hearing fitness since the app update

@cvkemp: My Internet here is sometimes spotty - hard to know whether itā€™s the app or the connection. Thatā€™s why I enquire.

Thanks for your reply: I guess itā€™s just my connection, in this case, Chuck.

Jim anytime that there s an update to the app or my iPhone I forget and pair my aids again

@cvkemp: I think, I remembered to re-pair, but Iā€™ll do so again, just to be sure.

[BTW: Is your iPhone ā€œHearing Aid Compatibilityā€ setting on or off?]

Jim the hearing aid compatibility is on, the only thing I have off is play system sounds.

1 Like

@cvkemp: Chuck, what are ā€œsystem soundsā€? I donā€™t know what they are.

Keyboard, page turns, apps opening and closing, Lock Screen etc.

2 Likes

5 May '21: UPDATE

My ON app no longer controls my streaming volume when I use the slider, and seems to have locked the HAs at maximum volume at least once.

Iā€™ve deleted the app and reinstalled, re-paired my devices, etc. I donā€™t do much streaming, so Iā€™ve only just noticed that the app only controls streaming EQ, and not volume: sort of a bummer, I think.

I wish I had discovered this earlier:

But - thereā€™s no doubt that the app hijacked the phone yesterday, and locked in the Music program at max volume.

With my iPhone or iPad when I am streaming I control the volume with the volume control on the iPad or iPhone.

2 Likes

Thanks, @cvkemp. I just discovered that, Chuck. (See how little streaming I do?) Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Some people it just isnā€™t worth it to comment back to, they are hard set in their thinking and the true right in front of them and they refuse to accept it

1 Like

We live in a world that doesnā€™t like police, or military. And i have even been told that the military or elderly donā€™t deserve any help. Sorry I blame it on the education system that we have.

Thankfully, Canadian attitudes are very, very different.

1 Like

Well, we have Bell FibreOp internet now, and my ON app is still disconnecting from my HAs at least once a day. Iā€™m not sure whether it loses its internet connection when that occurs, but - if I donā€™t notice it and force reconnection, it seems to affect the accuracy of my collected data.

1 Like