Oticon More1 aids, IOS15, and iPhone 13

wish there was a way to find that out …

1 Like

We should get an ON app update about the end of the month. If they hold to the normal schedule. It seems to come at about the time of the VA contract renewal

1 Like

@cvkemp: I hope you’re right, however, I get the feeling that the company is so focused on the core products (HAs) that they give short shrift to the ecosystem.

I think anyone making mobile-oriented products will have to adopt the Apple philosophy in order to be competitive.

Thanks… At this point, I’m leaning towards trading in my 12 Pro and getting 13 Pro … even though I’ve only had the 12 for a year … if I can indeed get the 13 Pro for “nothing” with trade in, I’m assuming/hoping it couldn’t be any worse …

1 Like

I think if you get the better chip, the trade will prove worthwhile. I’m not sure that will have any bearing on connectivity, though.

1 Like

When I updated to iOS15 it appeared to be a bit more stable, but that only lasted for about a day :frowning:

Here is something that I have learned, mostly because I am a security nut. I limit what apps can use Bluetooth, WiFi, cellular, locations, and notifications. It means less battery drain and data usage as well as improves security and limits to some degree the number of spam calls and emails. I don’t know for sure but I believe it also improves my connectivity to my aids.
I should also add I limit the apps that can do background refresh.

1 Like

Interesting.I have an iPhone Xr, but I am not running ios 15. I am running 14.7.1 and I have no issues with streaming on the More 1s now that I have had the aids firmware updated to 1.1.1.

Is your firmware updated?

[My aids are running v.1.1.1 , which has improved things perceptibly, but there are still issues.

My iPhone SE2 is running iOS15.]

Probably shouldn’t have hijacked this thread, since it’s really about “More1 aids” … I have OPN S1… can’t trade in my 12 Pro for “free” … would cost me $300 so forget that idea… I’ll just wait and see if Oticon updates the app with the hope that that will help…

It may be that we just have to wait for Oticon to update the firmware again or their Oticon On app to take into account ios15 changes. I keep checking the app store to see if they have an updated app! Once they have updated it, I will then consider updating to ios15. I am in no rush. I don’t feel I am missing out on anything as long as my other apps don’t require it.

1 Like

I agree. I now wish I hadn’t been en such a rush to download iOS 15.

If you are on 15, Apple released 15.0.2 earlier today. It has both security and bug fixes but who knows if it will allow the ON app to work better with Oticon aids and devices …

2 Likes

I would say that from.what I have seen over the years is that the ON app is almost totally independent of the IOS updates and upgrades. While I use the ON app I don’t depend on it completely. It has some useful qualities but if I had to I could live without it.

Thanks for the heads up, Stuart!